DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Respiratus

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
When you cast lumen while already having the effects of lumen, it resets the effect timer to 1 minute, but when you cast respiratus while already having water breathing, it doesn’t reset the effect timer, so if you cast it before your last water breathing runs out, you don’t get the time but the spell cooldown still happens. Respiratus should work the same way as lumen - and probably any other spells - and reset the timer to 1 minute

Feyre

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: CruelDuarte
Dark Follower Griffin SPEW
I have 0 experience with tech stuff so I don't know if there is a reason it isn't like that currently because of certain restrictions but would make life so much easier, the amount of times I struggled in a chest run because I casted too early and then has too wait for its cool down :')

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya, @Honey_Dwarf1!

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention! This is actually something that shouldn't be happening, and we would prefer to get this sorted out. Although, since respiratus is a bit different to other spells tech wise, it could be a bit difficult to fix. At this time, there is no ETA on when this will happen, but I can assure you that we'll be looking into doing this.

Have a lovely day!