DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Restarting Your Progress

Yellow_Flower

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: TheVirgoKid101
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
I feel like there should be different restarts in the shop. There should be the same one as now that restarts everything for those who want a completely new start. The problem is the higher leveled people who have collected all these items, but they want to start over and do the years again without losing the items, or their housing. So I think we should have a restart token that resets everything (like now) AND a token to reset only your year and level so you can do the quests again (But possibly no gold given from quests and stuff after the reset, so people don't abuse it and do quests over and over for gold.)

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
I have heard in the past it is to cause people to not have an advantage when restarting.

never understood it myself, since they sorta earned the advantage by already having it?

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
But yeah what I meant was if you take the one restart that let's you keep your stuff you will only be awarded XP not gold during quests

honestly even if it gave gold it wouldnt really be OP. its not that different then running an alt if at all, and people dont really do that in favor of chest runs just being better gold per hour (both need alts to max gold per hour, chest runs dodging cooldown and alts to well, level).

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @Yellow_Flower!!

Thank you for your suggestion! We really appreciate it, as we're always looks for new ways to improve the servers gameplay. I am going to bring your suggestion up to the rest of the team to discuss, once a decision has been made by our leads, I'll be back with a response! So please keep an eye on this thread B)

Thank you once again for suggesting this, and I hope you have a wonderful day / night!
:serpent:

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello again @Yellow_Flower!

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined as this is not something we want to implement. Players could use this reset as a continuous way to grind gold by repeating the quests. By still having other collectables and items, this allows players to bypass a lot of the levelling up journey as well. For instance, players could easily transfer gold to an alt account (or friend's account) and use the normal reset we have already to earn more gold. I hope this is understandable.

The Poltergeist team appreciate your suggestion and hope to see more in the future! Regardless, I hope you have a wonderful day:serpent:

Yellow_Flower

Graduate

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined as this is not something we want to implement. Players could use this reset as a continuous way to grind gold by repeating the quests. By still having other collectables and items, this allows players to bypass a lot of the levelling up journey as well. For instance, players could easily transfer gold to an alt account (or friend's account) and use the normal reset we have already to earn more gold. I hope this is understandable.

The Poltergeist team appreciate your suggestion and hope to see more in the future! Regardless, I hope you have a wonderful day:serpent:
Was the thing I suggested not able to happen? Making you unable to get good or collectables the 2nd time through. Also is it not possible to make every but your housing reset? That’s the big thing.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian

I am really confused what this is trying to say. Already players can reset via alt transfer to keep stuff in the current system, so why is this justification for not changing to another system which allows allows this?

By still having other collectables and items, this allows players to bypass a lot of the levelling up journey as well.

I dont understand what this means - items cant transfer XP and other items can be given to an alt/friend for safekeeping, as you stated. This suggustion is really just to take the middleman out of the occasion, which seems reasonable.

Yellow_Flower

Graduate
I am really confused what this is trying to say. Already players can reset via alt transfer to keep stuff in the current system, so why is this justification for not changing to another system which allows allows this?

By still having other collectables and items, this allows players to bypass a lot of the levelling up journey as well.

I dont understand what this means - items cant transfer XP and other items can be given to an alt/friend for safekeeping, as you stated. This suggustion is really just to take the middleman out of the occasion, which seems reasonable.
Also to add on it won't be an efficient way to grind gold by repeating the quests. You'll get more gold by doing your gauntlet or chest runs. So I don't see the problem with that.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hello to everyone who commented further on this thread!

Our resets are aimed to be a full player reset, and we do not want to encourage what Meg has described as far as possible. Additionally, it's something we're just not interested in pursuing at this time. We have a lot of other priorities (you can see a bit of what we've been working on through our recent releases and dev blog), and we have a lot more in store for you all. This would also not be as simple as it seems for us to set up. In future, we may reconsider this decision, but as of now, we have no plan to do so. We hope this all makes sense to you! C:

Yellow_Flower

Graduate
Hello to everyone who commented further on this thread!

Our resets are aimed to be a full player reset, and we do not want to encourage what Meg has described as far as possible. Additionally, it's something we're just not interested in pursuing at this time. We have a lot of other priorities (you can see a bit of what we've been working on through our recent releases and dev blog), and we have a lot more in store for you all. This would also not be as simple as it seems for us to set up. In future, we may reconsider this decision, but as of now, we have no plan to do so. We hope this all makes sense to you! C:
I understand your reasoning! Thank you for taking your time to reply!