DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Return Crash Cooldown for Flying Challenges and Tourneys

Frebii

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Frebii
Griffin Phoenix SPEW
There used to be a crash cooldown of around 3 seconds. I think it makes sense to have this reduced for classes but it'd be a great opportunity to use this in Challenges and Tournaments because as a lot of people say, these are there for experienced players to show off their skills. What I often see is a lot of people just rushing through the course, crashing 100 times and therefore abusing the short cooldown. With this change people would pay more attention to the course and it'd also set another level of difficulty towards regular Flying Classes.

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Personally I think it should stay as it is. Crashing once gives you a huge disadvantage, and that's a good thing. I agree people shouldn't be going through it at top speeds. But you have to consider the class lag. You can lose a race just because you we're in a good spot when the lag happens. Then you're on a 5 second cooldown while the person ahead of you keeps on flying. But with the low cooldown now whenever there's lag you can get back in the race.

And even then you can still lose a race if you crash a couple times. Its situational, but it does happen often and you still can lose races because you aren't careful enough.

Frebii

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Frebii
Griffin Phoenix SPEW
Personally I think it should stay as it is. Crashing once gives you a huge disadvantage, and that's a good thing. I agree people shouldn't be going through it at top speeds. But you have to consider the class lag. You can lose a race just because you we're in a good spot when the lag happens. Then you're on a 5 second cooldown while the person ahead of you keeps on flying. But with the low cooldown now whenever there's lag you can get back in the race.

And even then you can still lose a race if you crash a couple times. Its situational, but it does happen often and you still can lose races because you aren't careful enough.
I agree, 5 seconds would be way too long. However if they added 1 or 2 more seconds (to as it is now) I think it'd work quite well and it would already make a huge difference and probably remove the "race and crash" strategy while also not having to wait too long to get back on your broom.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya, @Frebii!
Thank you for your suggestion! I’ll bring it up to the rest of the team for discussion, and I’ll have a response sent to you soon!
Have a nice day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya again, @Frebii!

I’ve returned with a response, and unfortunately, your suggestion has been declined, as we feel this would cause a lot of frustrations. Crashing itself is already punishment enough and by re-adding the cooldown, players might be more frustrated. There are also unexpected circumstances such as lag spikes and high ping that players might experience; We want to make sure that one crash does not prevent anyone from catching back up. Again, thank you for making this suggestion, and I hope you continue to make more in the foreseeable future!

Have a nice day!