DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Revert Passer Part 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
same vanya. also i was in a goal cuz i missed my shot and I could not throw the ball I had to fly again </3
Maybe they should add a layer of barrier blocks in front of the goals, the part where players can stand in, so players won't crash and stand in there but instead fall to the ground.

Samuel

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: SamuelTM
Griffin Phoenix
Totally agree with you! I just started playing quabbleball as a passer again and this immediately annoyed me, drop shotting was one of my favourite things about being a passer.

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Heya @TallBlondeDude and everyone else that replied!

We have decided against reverting the passer change that was implemented as we want to have passers use their skills while flying, not while on the ground. However, we have heavily nerfed bruisers in hopes that this prevents them from permanently grounding passers during the game. We have implemented a 12 second cooldown for both of the bruiser's abilities after they successfully hit a player. This cooldown is longer than their usual cooldown if they don't successfully hit a player.

Thank you for the suggestion and for everyone else giving their opinion! I hope you all have a magical day!

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf

We have decided against reverting the passer change that was implemented as we want to have passers use their skills while flying, not while on the ground. However, we have heavily nerfed bruisers in hopes that this prevents them from permanently grounding passers during the game. We have implemented a 12 second cooldown for both of the bruiser's abilities after they successfully hit a player. This cooldown is longer than their usual cooldown if they don't successfully hit a player.

Thank you for the suggestion and for everyone else giving their opinion! I hope you all have a magical day!

perhaps implement this in such a way that drop shots still work, if it’s being on the ground that’s an issue

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf

I would have been fine with a 12 second cooldown on just one skill, but doing it on both skills seems a bit much. I haven't played this bruiser update yet, so I guess I'll see. Also, how did you guys come up with this number? Was it randomly chosen or did you guys play the Bruiser role a bit to figure out what was best?

perhaps implement this in such a way that drop shots still work, if it’s being on the ground that’s an issue
I agree, there has to be a way to implement the drop shot skill because technically these players are still flying in the air and not on the ground.

Samuel

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: SamuelTM
Griffin Phoenix
I would have been fine with a 12 second cooldown on just one skill, but doing it on both skills seems a bit much. I haven't played this bruiser update yet, so I guess I'll see. Also, how did you guys come up with this number? Was it randomly chosen or did you guys play the Bruiser role a bit to figure out what was best?

I agree, there has to be a way to implement the drop shot skill because technically these players are still flying in the air and not on the ground.
Totally agree with all of this.