DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Scarlett

Do you think Scarlett should be returned to her former glory?

• Yes, bring back the teleportation

• No, I like getting lost

• Yes, but I think only until the map can be added

Results are only viewable after voting.

ctrl_atlas

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Faunnus
Honeybadger
Although I can understand the want for a more in-depth experience for "students" in potterworld by having Scarlett give directions instead of teleporting, I do not think the creators thought of the drawbacks this has caused for a lot of players. The directions and other players are helpful to an extent, but neurodivergent people attempting to play the game already experienced difficulties with the lack of directions in other areas of the server. The castle is complex, and personally as someone with adhd and brain damage which causes me to have memory problems and difficulty with directions I could not imagine how hard it is and will be for new players with similar or worse issues. I would not suggest adding more directions, but I would suggest either bringing back the teleportation or coming up with another solution. A good one could be finding or developing a mod like the other fantastic mods on the server to act as a "Marauder's Map" of sorts, allowing us to be able to find our way around the castle while still having the immersive experience you as creators are going for. And if you do go for this kind of approach, please bring back Scarlett's original use until completed.
I understand you are probably experiencing lots of hate over certain decisions made in what you believe to be the best interest of the server, but please think of not just those who are neurotypical who play but also your neurodivergent players who were already struggling to be at the same level as their peers in gaming. We appreciate all the work you do to make the server a safe place for everyone where we can have fun in the amazing world you've brought to life, but we beg of you to think of those who are not as capable of things you think are simple and easy.

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Hello! Thought I'd reply to this as somebody very happy with the changes made to Scarlett.
I do not think the creators thought of the drawbacks this has caused for a lot of players
I can assure you that people wouldn't act irrationally without first considering the drawbacks. People definitely have thought about them, and it has lead to the point where this decision has been made. It is true that many believe the drawbacks are not worth the positives of the removal of Scarlett, but that is the conclusion that has been come to after considering these drawbacks.
neurodivergent people attempting to play the game already experienced difficulties with the lack of directions in other areas of the server. The castle is complex, and personally as someone with adhd and brain damage which causes me to have memory problems and difficulty with directions I could not imagine how hard it is and will be for new players with similar or worse issues
I understand you here, as I also have brain damage, memory loss and ADHD. My memory loss is long-term, so it is difficult for me to remember all of the places and all of the coordinates but I keep them in memory by trying to help people out frequently. I enjoy helping others, and guiding them, and it is helpful for me memorising the ways around the castle as I am visiting them when I do not even need to do so myself.

It is true that the castle is complex, but now that Scarlett has been removed people will be able to wrap their heads around it. With Scarlett around, nobody knew how to navigate the castle because they didn't need to. This is why her removal was such a shock. People were so dependent on Scarlett that they didn't learn how to navigate themselves, and they lacked the experience of getting around during the very early Hogsworth quests. This will improve with time as newer players never had the experience of Scarlett and becoming dependent on her - however, it will not improve if people keep going on about how great Scarlett was. People then think that its a big shame they don't have her, and they don't have the same motivation to explore and it has a negative impact on them.

I am sure that the directions over time will improve, as we see not only the introduction of Scarlett's directions rather than a teleport but also the introduction of more signs and more NPCs around the castle to help provide more information on navigation. Where more directions are needed, they will be added - the removal of the teleports is not to intentionally make people lost, and if there is something that players struggle to find they will add more ways to make it clearer. They don't want players to get lost, they just don't want players to become dependent on Scarlett.

Likely also, what you call the "lack of directions" could easily be referring to the pre-update directions. Since the update removing the Scarlett teleports, there has been increased directions around the castle to make locations clearer and as I mentioned in the above paragraph I have no doubt that they will make certain places clearer if they need to be.

I would not suggest adding more directions, but I would suggest either bringing back the teleportation or coming up with another solution
As I have said above, I personally think that adding more directions to make certain areas clearer could be a help. It allows players to get to know the castle, allows them to get around easier, and avoids having to fully re-introduce Scarlett as the magic-teleporter-so-you-don't-need-to-know-anything-about-the-castle. I really can't see any drawbacks there, but would love to hear why you don't suggest this.

I don't think bringing back the teleportation is a good idea. Like I said, players became very dependent on Scarlett. One point I've been saying is: You only need Scarlett because you had her. If Scarlett was never here, sure people may have been struggling to get around a bit but there wouldn't be a massive uproar like there is now. People have become dependent on Scarlett, people are used to the fact that they don't need to know anything about the castle and now that they DO have to know where to go, its a shock.

Scarlett always felt, to me, as a quick solution to a sudden amount of new players joining. She never felt permanent to me - I always hoped she wasn't permanent - and it felt to me like another solution had to be found in the near future.

A good one could be finding or developing a mod like the other fantastic mods on the server to act as a "Marauder's Map" of sorts, allowing us to be able to find our way around the castle while still having the immersive experience you as creators are going for. And if you do go for this kind of approach, please bring back Scarlett's original use until completed.
This really depends on how you would imagine this specific replacement to operate. It likely couldn't be called a Marauder's Map as the original FT method for the server WAS the Marauder's Map, and it could cause confusion especially for collectors talking about their Marauder's Maps.

Still, lets just think of how a map would work. The way I see it, there are 3 options for how it would function and I'm really not sure how it could do anything else - however, it is your idea so obviously if you had something different in mind please tell me! This is just my assumptions as you didn't specify :)
1) An actual map, like the one we have on the website. I think this one is unlikely as you seemed to suggest it would be an item, but of course I cannot rule it out. I don't think this would work as there are many rooms and Hogsworth itself is massive and complex, as you said, so it cannot really have a map for it. If somehow they were able to, it would take a LOT of effort and time. That is if they even find a way to make it work.
2) Particles. I don't think this would work as it would cause massive amounts of lag for those on older or worse computers, so this isn't an option.
3) Directions - which is the same as what Scarlett does now.

As for bringing back Scarlett's original design, this wouldn't happen if this happened to be implemented. It is an alternate solution to Scarlett so that people do not have this dependency, and would take a large amount of effort and time to do so - reintroducing Scarlett alongside would simply negate and make all of that completely pointless. What is the worth in having an alternate solution to a problematic feature if you're just going to keep that feature anyways?

but please think of not just those who are neurotypical who play but also your neurodivergent players
This implies that Potterworld ignores neurodivergent players completely, which is a lie. It also implies that all staff are neurotypicals who don't think of those who are neurodivergent and only think of their perspectives as neurotypical people, which is also not true.

To start with, many staff are neurodivergent - and neurotypical staff are not ignorant of neurodivergent lives, perspectives and experiences. Like I said before, I can assure you that this decision was not made without considering the drawbacks - including the drawbacks that could come to neurodivergent players.

Also, Potterworld staff and players do a lot to support neurodivergent users. If you have any reason to need help, people are always willing to help you no matter your circumstances. If there is anything you are struggling with because of your neurodivergency, you can speak with players who will be happy to help you and also with staff who can see what they can do to assist you and make Potterworld more to your needs.

Potterworld is a safe place for those who are neurodivergent, and everyone here is welcoming and willing to help everyone who needs it.

I hope you can see my viewpoints and I would love a response from you to see anything else you think!

I completely agree! I really feel like my neurodivergence has no affect on it, but as a relatively new player, year three, I hate this change! Unfortunately the people who wanted this decision didn't seem to think about the fact that its easy to take away teleportation when you already know the map. Everyone else is left to struggle. Perhaps a separate world, specifically for people who want to play it on a harder mode, is in order. Either way, I too was upset by this change, and feel that it negatively affected the gameplay.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
A lot of the Revelius update is centered on exploration. Frankly, Scarlett 1.0 was a temporary addition and feels off compared to the rest of the world. Hogsworth is supposed to be a training/tutorial area, having warps denigrates that purpose because in the wider world there are very few warps and I could see it as a shock to newer players. I also felt I should add that a full map of Hogsworth is coming eventually! Click here to read more.

Mallaidh

Librarian
Unfortunately the people who wanted this decision didn't seem to think about the fact that its easy to take away teleportation when you already know the map
As I said in my original message, I can assure you that this has been thought about. Decisions aren't made quickly like a lot of people assume they are, and every positive and negative will have been considered and thought about before it is introduced.

When you say it is easy to take away teleportation when you already know the map, it is true that those who are doing the Hogsworth quests are the ones directly impacted negatively by the Scarlett change, they are also directly impacted positively. The people who have made this decision haven't done this to benefit themselves, they have done it to benefit those who will now not have to rely on Scarlett and can become more independent in their explorations. Yes, there is the negative that the person they were dependent on before is now gone. However, you need to remember that this wasn't done to benefit the people who did it, it was to benefit the newer players.

Everyone else is left to struggle
The people who are left to struggle often do not ask for help.

If any new player who is struggling to get around is reading this, I'm going to give you a bit of amazing advice: ask for help. Nobody will think its weird. Theres no need to be ashamed. There is no stupid questions. You can't find the greenhouses? Come with me, I'll show you them. If I'm offline, somebody else will. There is almost always somebody willing to help, give you instructions, or guide you in your way.

If you see somebody left to struggle, and this time I'm speaking to the players who do know their way around by now: help them. If they're not asking, offer to help. If they say no, thats fine. But, you need to offer them in case they're just too afraid to ask.

Those who are left to struggle can be helped - just not by Scarlett. This also allows relationships to be built among players and its so much more connecting and community-based rather than just going up to a NPC who can teleport you.

A lot of the Revelius update is centered on exploration. Frankly, Scarlett 1.0 was a temporary addition and feels off compared to the rest of the world
Scarlett always did feel to me like something shoved in the hole of new players needing help in order to 'shut them up'. Obviously, that is a lot crueller than it is but the fact of the matter remains the same: she was an addition that wouldn't work in the long run, that didn't have much thought into the immersion and how it fit into the world so that new players can just do things way too easily instead of learning and exploring for themselves.

Learning and exploring for themselves required players to help, and there was so many new players at the time it was hard to give help. I sound very harsh here so I apologise for that, but Scarlett was really the lazy solution to that problem.

Hogsworth is supposed to be a training/tutorial area, having warps denigrates that purpose because in the wider world there are very few warps and I could see it as a shock to newer players
This is a good point here that I didn't think about - if you have people dependent on Scarlett and not learning to use coordinates to navigate and get around, you will never be able to progress past the second year where the last Hogsworth quests happen.

If you only know how to warp, you don't want to use coordinates, you don't want to properly navigate, explore, and get around yourself, you will never progress past the second year - even with a fully functioning Scarlett. Scarlett wasn't too big of a deal in the long run, she was only helpful in 1st year and a bit of the 2nd year. If you are above 2nd year, she has no real use for you anyways other than being a reason that you don't need to help new players. Except, you will need to help them in the future. Because the game doesn't end at Hogsworth.

And I actually wasn't aware of the new map at Hogsworth, but I think thats a good thing to bring to the conversation and thank you for linking it here!

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
It's late for me so let me be short with this.

I hated the lack of guidance and signs when it came to navigating the castle but even more I hated the answer "just ask someone" since most of the time I want to explore on my own, at my own pace without the possibility of getting lost.

Scarlett was a nice thing for me, since it allowed me to travel without getting lost in the castle, however, one can't get lost if he doesn't explore.

As of right now, it's way better, but still not quite there:
I want to go to the library, I ask Scarlett. Down the grand staircase and to the Courtyard okay.
2020-11-27_03.21.29.png

2020-11-27_03.28.21_JPEG.jpg

I managed to get to the sign that leads me to the library, it says go left, nice.
2020-11-27_03.28.29_JPEG.jpg

(If I forgot I'm supposed to go down the "tunnel") Hmm, the corridor splits, should I continue straight or go left like the sign said ? Idk, let's just follow down the hallway
2020-11-27_03.23.23_JPEG.jpg

Whew, I'm glad I decided to go straight, let's go inside.
2020-11-27_03.23.28_JPEG.jpg

Well, no sign, I'll just go down the hallway again since it worked for me the first time...
2020-11-27_03.23.37_JPEG.jpg

...it continues left...
2020-11-27_03.23.41_JPEG.jpg

It goes down ??? I doubt in Harry Potter they went to the library through the catacombs, I think I should go back..
2020-11-27_03.23.49_JPEG.jpg

Really ? I have to decide to leave in order to continue forward ? Why is the sign placed here, where nobody coming from the Grand Staircase will see it ? Why isn't it like this: ??
2020-11-27_03.23.282_JPEG.jpg

There's probably more "missing" signs like this one, but I don't have time to find them all and I just hopped on the server to see the changes made to Scarlett after seeing this suggestion.

One more thing that would be better is to have the pointing signs tilted so it wouldn't point "Left" or "Right" but "Here" and "Here". I feel like the signs are the best way to get around the castle since coords can be quite hard to follow especially when the place you have to go to is at a different floor level and a Y coordinate doesn't help that much.

TLDR: I hated when there wasn't Scarlett, I liked teleport. I like the current Scarlett even more and will love it if signs at the castle are "fixed"

Mallaidh

Librarian
I actually fully agree with you! I think the best decision that can be made here is to add more signs and guidance around the castle. Your pictures showing the route to the library and navigating with the signs clearly show a lot about what travelling with the new Scarlett and with the improvement in directions is like and how it has improved.

The signs and the guidance that is given is clearly better than the option to just teleport. However, as you point out here more can be done in term of the actual signs and directions around the castle once you have left Scarlett.

I hated the lack of guidance and signs when it came to navigating the castle but even more I hated the answer "just ask someone" since most of the time I want to explore on my own, at my own pace without the possibility of getting lost.
This makes a lot of sense to me, and it explains very well why some people don't want to ask for help or be shown around. When I was navigating the new castle, I would refuse when people offered to show me around - I suppose I just didn't want to be so dependent on somebody? I'm not exactly sure why I never liked the idea of that.

Still, your reasons for wanting to look around put it into words very well and explain why the new Scarlett is a much better thing than the old one also. You cannot explore on your own, at your own pace, if you only ever teleport around the castle.

Sadly I think even if the directions and the signs were brilliant, the possibility of getting lost will always be there - I suggest that when working to make the directions clearer to improve navigation, it should be working as hard as possible to reduce the possibility of getting lost while also accepting that this possibility will never be gone completely. In this circumstance, you simply must do the very best you can do.

Thank you very much for this, I think it was a very helpful contribution to this thread and brought up some points that I hadn't thought to consider in my previous responses!

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
What I dislike about this downgraded Scarlett is that it expects the new players to already know what the places around the school are called. I've noticed that players will still ask where the Grand Staircase or any of the Courtyards are located - players still have problems figuring out that Herbology and the Greenhouses lead to the same location.

Another is the block of text that a few of the descriptions have to describe what path to take. Some of the wording seems superfluous and could be straight to the point and I honestly think it would be helpful if there were bullet points to indicate that a description is an important step in their path. And the "Hospital Wing" description could simply be shortened to "Use /kill".

What I don't understand is the change from teleporting to descriptions. Before Revelius, players were able to teleport around with the Prefect and I'm certain that they still explored the castle. But post Revelius, the use of teleporting around the school was removed, then added, then downgraded. Why take away something that was totally fine before, but not fine now? Older players had the opportunity to freely teleport and explore the school, but the newer players are forced to explore without teleporting around?! Notice the key difference is that older players were free to choose between teleporting or exploring - whilst right now, new players are forced.

I think giving players a choice to use Scarlett to teleport or read the descriptions would have been a better way to handle this instead of what we have right now.

Pankakes

Animorphus
Griffin
Sadly I think even if the directions and the signs were brilliant, the possibility of getting lost will always be there - I suggest that when working to make the directions clearer to improve navigation, it should be working as hard as possible to reduce the possibility of getting lost
I don't think signs should be put up with the intention of preventing getting lost rather than being lost: It's okay getting lost and finding your way back but it's not fun being lost for 20 minutes searching for signs.

What I dislike about this downgraded Scarlett is that it expects the new players to already know what the places around the school are called.
While I agree that it's true that it relies on some knowledge, it is hard to tell directions to the player without mentioning the Great Hall and especially the Grand Staircase. Adding more information/describing the places with more detail may help with lowering the bar for new players but it also can become too cluttered and overwhelming.

And the "Hospital Wing" description could simply be shortened to "Use /kill"
Question: "How do I get to the Hospital Wing ?"
Answer: "Use /kill to kill yourself" ._.

I doubt that's the proper way to get to the Hospital Wing on PW, in the books and in the movies.
The command also destroys your gear and I found out about that the hard way.

Before Revelius, players were able to teleport around with the Prefect and I'm certain that they still explored the castle.......Older players had the opportunity to freely teleport and explore the school, but the newer players are forced to explore without teleporting around?!
AFAIK the castle was reworked for Revelius, all players explored the new castle the same way. I could be wrong with this one though.

I think giving players a choice to use Scarlett to teleport or read the descriptions would have been a better way to handle this instead of what we have right now.
If the option to teleport was added, there would be no reason to learn the castle layout/walk somewhere. Combined with the fact that the castle feels really empty - lack of ghosts, student NPCs and the feeling that all halls look the same (for a new player that gets lost), meeting another player breaks the emptiness and helps Hogsworth feel at least a tiny bit more alive.

to benefit those who will now not have to rely on Scarlett and can become more independent in their explorations.
Scarlet didn't take you everywhere, though! she was perfect for training, because she allowed for you to teleport to the main places and learn your way from there. If new students would like to go anywhere else, then that is up to them to discover on their own. Quests even helped with this because they required them to go to places that weren't on the list. Scarlett acted as a checkpoint finder, so wherever you were in the castle, all you had to do was warp to scarlett and pick the location closest to where you need to be. Don't get me wrong, I know the value of exploring for yourself! When playing with friends, they teased me for being such a token raven, in how I refused to warp anywhere unless I had no other choice, because I wanted to learn my way. Nobody was forced to use scarlett, so those who wanted to explore and challenge themselves were open to do so, and those who need the extra help in the first few levels of the game were offered a little guide to the main points of the school. Whats the beauty in forcing everyone to learn the game the way one group wants to, when we could keep Scarlett and let them learn it as they choose? I have so many more points on this topic but overall, I just don't see why there's so much motivation to force players to learn the building.

Last edited:

Pankakes

Animorphus
Griffin
she was perfect for training, because she allowed for you to teleport to the main places and learn your way from there
I and many others used Scarlett to teleport to the desired location and then warpkey back to Great Hall, learning the way back was even harder, since there were not many signs and even fewer saying where were you going.

Nobody was forced to use scarlett, so those who wanted to explore and challenge themselves were open to do so
I wanted to explore without getting lost after the first corner, which resulted in me having to teleport

I just don't see why there's so much motivation to force players to learn the building.
Big agree there's forced motivation for exploring and travelling everywhere physically, but it's a little bit easier to navigate a castle than the map in general.

The answer to this might not be to bring Scarlett's teleportation back but to add hidden shortcuts that would speed up travelling but also encourage players not to use them by making the castle more interesting - NPCs with sidequests, NPCs for the sake of making the castle feel more alive, hidden rooms, ghosts flying through walls etc. Also more signs

Last edited:

Mallaidh

Librarian
Theres been a lot, time for me to write up quite a long response this time!
I don't think signs should be put up with the intention of preventing getting lost rather than being lost: It's okay getting lost and finding your way back but it's not fun being lost for 20 minutes searching for signs.
You're very right here, a poor choice of wording on my behalf :)

What I dislike about this downgraded Scarlett is that it expects the new players to already know what the places around the school are called. I've noticed that players will still ask where the Grand Staircase or any of the Courtyards are located - players still have problems figuring out that Herbology and the Greenhouses lead to the same location.
This is a good point, and I think possibly more names could be added to Scarlett? Most locations go by different names - the quad is referred to in quests, but is also often referred to outside of quests as where the wiggleworms are or the wiggleworm courtyard. The example you gave here is herbology classroom and greenhouses, so maybe that section of Scarlett could be renamed to Herbology Classroom/Greenhouses. The problem with that is its a little lengthy, maybe add an "Also Known As" section to the information about each area? Just some place for the other names for that place to be added to make things clearer.

Another is the block of text that a few of the descriptions have to describe what path to take. Some of the wording seems superfluous and could be straight to the point and I honestly think it would be helpful if there were bullet points to indicate that a description is an important step in their path.
Once again, I think this is a really good point and a really good idea! Something that could be done to improve the formatting of Scarlett's directions would help massively, and the bullet points idea is a good idea to do so. There are also multiple ways to improve the formatting, even as simple as splitting the text up a bit, to make it look better, clearer, and easier to read than the block of text it currently is.

What I don't understand is the change from teleporting to descriptions. Before Revelius, players were able to teleport around with the Prefect and I'm certain that they still explored the castle. But post Revelius, the use of teleporting around the school was removed, then added, then downgraded
With Revelius, the style of game has completely changed and being able to teleport around the school has a completely different implication and impact - this is why it was fine to teleport Pre-Revelius, but it is not fine to teleport post-Revelius. The use of teleporting around the school was first removed as exploring by yourself was a much bigger deal.

Then, it was added back when Potterworld became extremely popular because of a viral tiktok. As I have said here:
Scarlett always felt, to me, as a quick solution to a sudden amount of new players joining. She never felt permanent to me - I always hoped she wasn't permanent - and it felt to me like another solution had to be found in the near future
Scarlett felt like a very temporary solution that didn't fit in with the rest of the game and the new style that Potterworld had taken on.

It has now been removed, for the many above reasons within this thread.
Question: "How do I get to the Hospital Wing ?"
Answer: "Use /kill to kill yourself" ._.
I was going to say the same here, it doesn't make sense to me. But, as a tip, you can take off your gear first to do /kill. But, people want to explore: I think, Psycho, that is a point thats been a bit missed here. Your solution for people not knowing how to go to the hospital wing is to tell them a quick way to get there that involves no exploration? It doesn't make sense to me when you also say that your idea will give people the choice whether to explore or not.

hy take away something that was totally fine before, but not fine now? Older players had the opportunity to freely teleport and explore the school, but the newer players are forced to explore without teleporting around?!
You make it seem like this change was made in order to 'oppress' the newer players. Older players have the choice, but newer players don't. Thats simply because the style of game has changed, and as previously mentioned being able to teleport around has very different implications. Whereas older players teleporting around wasn't a big deal, newer players teleporting around is a big deal and is damaging to the new style of game that Potterworld has taken on. Potterworld has changed over time, and in so the way people has played it has changed. Here are some examples.
1) Older players used both digital currency and physical currency, but newer players are forced to use digital currency
2) Older players could wear coloured robes or not, but newer players are forced to not be able to wear them
3) Older players could do Ministry Minigames, but newer players can't
Things changing has always happened in Potterworld, and every game.
AFAIK the castle was reworked for Revelius, all players explored the new castle the same way. I could be wrong with this one though
And yes, the castle was reworked for Revelius! Another good point there, the older players are also 'forced' to explore as they also had to re-explore the castle.

For this, I think I can make the same point I did with the idea of having both a map or some sort of alternate solution, and also bringing back Scarlett's original function:
What is the worth in having an alternate solution to a problematic feature if you're just going to keep that feature anyways?
The directions are an alternate solution to the problematic feature of Scarlett's teleports. Why would we keep the problematic feature after having an alternate solution that is worked hard on to make sure it is improved and just as good as the problematic version?

Scarlet didn't take you everywhere, though
She took you everywhere you needed to go. With Scarlett, there was no motivation to explore the castle
- and increasing the motivation and encouragement to explore is the entire point of Revelius.

When playing with friends, they teased me for being such a token raven, in how I refused to warp anywhere unless I had no other choice, because I wanted to learn my way.
I feel like this is a point a lot of people get confused when I talk about Scarlett! I am not saying that every single person only ever uses the Scarlett warps. I know that there are people like you, because back in the day when we had the choice to teleport or explore that was me too. However, that doesn't erase the fact that just like there are people who choose to explore, there are people who take the opportunity to be dependent on another factor rather than learning to explore for themselves. As we can see, all the negative impact and backlash from this comes from those who were dependent on Scarlett. This is how being able to depend on this outside factor is dangerous, we are seeing now just how bad it is and the impact that this dependency had.

And as a very final thing on all of this:

The game changes. Things change. All games do. Potterworld is no exception, it always has been changing and it always will be. Potterworld will die when it stops changing and adapting to the playerbase and to the actual game itself.

And remember that the alternate solution to Scarlett, the 'new Scarlett' is very new. Changes will be made to how she functions and more improvements will be made, and I'm sure these improvements will take into account the feedback from this thread. What we have now isn't final, and we can look forward to positive change in the future.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello, @ctrl_atlas and everyone that contributed to this thread! Thank you for your feedback, and we appreciate all of you helping to improve the server. Unfortunately, we will be declining your suggestion, as we would like to go in a different direction. The Scarlett NPC was never intended to be a permanent addition, more of a temporary one. We eventually removed the teleportation aspect as it didn't really fit into our new travel system.

We understand that players struggle after the removal of the Scarlett teleportation method, but we will be looking into other ways of aiding players, without being forced to rely on Scarlett. We will be adding more secret travel methods/shortcuts between areas of the castle to make travelling easier, as well as adding more signs and "Help" NPCs around the castle. We are also working on releasing a Hogsworth map, that should hopefully help players find their way around the castle a bit easier, as well as know how various places are called.

We'd also like to encourage everyone to ask for help in chat. There's no shame in asking for help and it helps form bonds with others in the community. There are plenty of players who will offer to guide you somewhere, as well as answer basic questions regarding the layout of the castle.

Have a fantastic day! And again, thank you all for the suggestions and feedback!