DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Screechers?

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
So I was walking around the Carket Market and bumped into the Owlery. After entering, I noticed that on the 3rd floor there is a sign saying 'On Sale: Screechers! 50% Off!' and I thought to make this suggestion.
Now making a suggestion to propose the addition of screechers (howlers lore) would be very easy... but also not very helpful.
So I'll instead try to offer some possible ways of implementing said feature.

1) This would probably be the easiest one to implement: Somehow allow a student to choose the text of what a screecher will say (if impossible with any message, but if not then with preset ones) so when it is clicked, it delivers the message to the person as a popup on-screen with a blindness and scream effect e.g.
- You Stink!
- Shameful!
- Get good!
- Sends Hugs!
- Is furious with you!
- Is delighted with you!

2) Or make it so you can buy a book and quill named 'screecher' (maybe textured as an envelope if possible) and have it when you open it / click on it in the mailbox, you get a scream effect, some particles and maybe a message in chat or on-screen going [Screecher] AHHHHHH!

3) A mixture of the above could be done where a textured letter can be sent via mail / dropped and when opened will emit particles, put a chosen message popup of preset options, cause a scream sound effect (maybe blindness and slowness too) and then dispense a book and quill that has in someway been attached to the letter (maybe by a storage system)

4) Same as option 2 but the letter could hover in front of you while doing it and vanish into flames at the end.

5) Have an item similar to a paper aeroplane that can be thrown to a person as a letter and lands in their inventory and screams a preset message (with different options) in chat.

Anyway, I'm not particularly energised about this suggestion but I just thought itwould be worth brining up as a potential item for the future. All of the options I listed are just ideas and all have some ability to change but also some cons so I can definitely see why this suggestion would be declined.

Be interested to see what people think or if you have any better ideas of allowing this feature to function!

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I think it would be better if the message was preset instead of having a custom one. And I like the idea of having the message as a pop up title on the player's screen instead of in the chat box. They could probably add different sound effects based on the severity of the message? Maybe a cat meow for "You stink!" and a ghast sound for "Is furious with you!"
Imagine if they can have themed screechers for different events like Halloween or Christmas.

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Sr. Poltergeist
Hello, @MattyPoltergeist !

Thank you for creating this suggestion! We think this idea is fun and well-thought out. We currently have Screechers in the form of an interactive class, but are interested in adding them to the world too. We will ask the community about Screechers as part of a future shop competition. For now, the suggestion will be put on hold, but as soon as we have any updates, we will let you know!

Thank you again and I hope you have a fantastic day!