DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

searcher is still broken

vanya

Magician
Minecraft IGN: egg_AV
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Vampire
pls no more nerfing anythibg (except def)🙏 the game is being ruined bc too many nerfs to try to fix issues creates more issues leads to more nerfs

and buff passer PLEASE we keep asking for the abilities we lost in the update back but i fear qb is being neglected again

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
pls no more nerfing anythibg (except def)🙏 the game is being ruined bc too many nerfs to try to fix issues creates more issues leads to more nerfs

and buff passer PLEASE we keep asking for the abilities we lost in the update back but i fear qb is being neglected again

mid take

nerfs and buffs are all relative

nerfing defenders cooldown is a passer buff

buffing passers flight speed is a bruiser nerf

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
What are ways to buff Passer though? People say to buff it, but I noticed that they only talk about enabling the drop shot skill and maybe nerfing the inability to throw when they are on the ground. If they do the latter, then they would have to remove bruiser's shared cooldown, even though I have seen players throw the quabbleball quickly when they are flying above the ground. Other than that, what else is there to buff Passers with?

cheddarsoup

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: cheddarsoup
Auralock Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
What are ways to buff Passer though? People say to buff it, but I noticed that they only talk about enabling the drop shot skill and maybe nerfing the inability to throw when they are on the ground. If they do the latter, then they would have to remove bruiser's shared cooldown, even though I have seen players throw the quabbleball quickly when they are flying above the ground. Other than that, what else is there to buff Passers with?
Defender is too easy to block shots right now as long as you’re somewhat competent, so a defender nerf would be a big help for passer gameplay

vanya

Magician
Minecraft IGN: egg_AV
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Vampire
-nerfs and buffs are all relative

the reply thing on my phone isn’t working so anyway yes it is relative for certain roles ex. passer and def but when u have a role like searcher that doesn’t rly affect the gameplay of the rest of the roles nerfing it doesn’t buff anything else. makes it so that the ratio of points between goals and catches is closer, yes, but it won’t change the fact that passers aren’t scoring more than abt 40 points a game.

so the take is don’t touch searcher bc it’s fine, buff passer instead bc it’s not fine

Engelhardmarcos

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: M_Engel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Arithmancer
I believe one way it could work is make passers be able to do drop shot again. However, that may not be enough, reverting Defender (Instead of having one input equals each shield hop, you need to aim, probably can have some issues but I think it will make the game better), but it that I believe they need to increase slightly the barrier, make the broom stand still and decrese the shield cd by 1 second.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf

speed passers/bruisers up to compensate for the massive map size
restore drop shots
rework bruiser's ball into a searcher targeting instead of passer
defender reworks as mentioned by engel

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Defender is too easy to block shots right now as long as you’re somewhat competent, so a defender nerf would be a big help for passer gameplay
I always thought the cooldown for Defender was far too long, especially the blocking skill. Though competent defenders have been able to use defender really well, I think the position still has a big learning curve especially for new players - though I think the current iteration with the left and right to block is perfect instead of the aim to block from the previous version.

speed passers/bruisers up to compensate for the massive map size
This would def make that slow searcher suggestion useless, but I wouldn't mind if bruisers were faster.
I'm for this, but If that happened then they shouldn't adjust defender at all.
rework bruiser's ball into a searcher targeting instead of passer
Are you talking about making the bruiser's ball not have an effect on a Passer at all or like some sort of homing ball that focuses on a searcher? I don't think this could work out in either instance.
defender reworks as mentioned by engel
If they consider adding the drop shot skill, then I don't think they should revert defender to the original controls due to how drop shots are harder for a defender to block as the passer's aim is last second and reaction time for a defender may take another second to turn around and aim their block skill at a goal. Keeping the current defender controls would probably be best if drop shots are returned - unless you have experience from when drops shots were still a thing during that short period right after the April update.

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Hi, @TallBlondeDude !

I'm happy to inform you that this suggestion has been accepted. During our Quabbleball Beta Testing, we have extensively looked at the Searcher position, and we have decided to decrease the points of the Snidget down to 15. We hope that this will balance the Searcher and Passer positions a bit more in terms of being able to obtain points. This is live with the most recent Quabbleball update.

Thank you for making the suggestion and I hope you have a fantastic day!