DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Shop suggestions

Prin_ce

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Prin_ce
Dark Follower Staff Serpent Werewolf Artworker
Hi, I have some suggestions about the shop. I wanted to know how are the items organized, because it looks random...

- There also is no way to reorganize things. That option would be great, or they maybe could be organized by alphabet or mob lvl or type (wiggleworm lvl1, fairy lvl3, mandrake lvl4 and so on...after that for example potions by kind and lvls, recipes by lvls. plants by types and lvls, collectables,...). - Like it is sorted in the marketplace.
Also the gear recipes are all around the pages not depending on their lvl.

- Next thing is when I add a new item into the shop it sometimes appears at the end of the last page, but not always. In some cases it is on some random page and it takes some time to find it to be able to set the price. This is mostly difficult because of the gear recipes, as all of them look the same and it makes it hard to find the new one I just added.
When it is finally done I am automatically returned to the first page of the shop and not the page I've been last (so every time I click at any item and I want to return, or right click the item by mistake and I set the price I need to find it once again to start selling it).

- If the pages would at least be numbered, it may be easier to remember where exactly what is.

Thaks for all of Your great work you are putting into this server, it is an amazing place, even more now - in these difficult times. :)

<3

Prince

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I agree that the shopkeeper sorting system is a mess. Takes awhile to find what you need because you're hovering over each item that looks the same such as the gear, card, or scarf items. If the shopkeeper sorting could match the category system in the marketplace auction house, then that would be a nice start, but even then, the items still seem to be all over the place in the auction house npcs. Your first suggestion with reorganizing by mob or material level would be nice.

Prin_ce

Magician
Staff
I also hate the situation when someone asks in /ch tc if someone has some particular item and I do /shop to look for it, because I am not sure. When I am finally able to locate the item only to find out I have like 60 pieces, someone else already replied yes... Or if I find it in time, I reply and they ask for the price. And I have to find it once again :D

And there is no way to memorize all the stock. I was already thinking about making some kind of a list in google sheets, but I have no idea how to keep it up to date :D seems like way too much work anyways.

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
Takes awhile to find what you need because you're hovering over each item that looks the same such as the gear, card, or scarf items.
Which is weird since one single Diamond tool has 1561 durability meaning it can represent 1560 custom items with custom textures, yet the current texture variety for those items is really low.

FindingEDENxo

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Lilybudxo
Honeybadger
I love the shop too, but I think there are definitely some changes to be made to the interface as well.

I love your suggestion Prin_ce but, I think it doesn't quite go far enough in entirely improving the current management system.

Allowing sorting options like the marketplace and making it return you to the page you were on is a good start though.

In addition to these two I think there is a need for some additional features. Some of these are for both the shopkeeper and shop manager. Some are for just one, will mention for whom.
  • A search feature
    • This will quickly let people go the items you need when you know what you want rather than having to browse for it.
      • When most people go to a shop, whether it be a shopkeeper or a shopper, they know exactly what they are looking for. Right now we have to shift every page the look for that one item. So much hassle would be removed if you could click a search button, type in the chat the item you're looking for, then it will pull up all items with that name. (I.e. search up brass > pulls up, all available items that have brass in their name that are in stock [unless you're the shopkeeper] at the given shop)
    • Reasons for the adding of this feature are kind of covered about but, it would allow you to go directly to the items you want to buy/manage.
    • Both shopkeepers and Shoppers could benefit from this.

• Additional management sorting options
    • The sorting options for consumers would help, but shopkeepers could benefit from some sorting options too.
      • When you're a shopkeeper, there are two big pain points when it comes to managing shops. Finding what items you're out of stock on, and which items you don't have listed. I believe an option to view both of these would help greatly.
        • Add new items? Have an item you didn't want to list right away? Simple click view unlisted items, and you can quickly manage and list your unlist items rather than painfully having to hunt them down for 20+ minutes.
        • Just get on and see under manage shop you're out of stock on 3 items but have 500 to go through? No more do you have to click through pages and pages to see what you ran out on, you can simply click Out of stock and view those items to quickly get them stocked up again.
    • Reasons for the addition of this feature are a lot of quality of life. Currently, the way to manage these two situations is very counter-intuitive and painstakingly long.
    • This is for the shopkeepers as it has to do with managing shops.

Prin_ce

Magician
Staff
Wow, great points! I didn’t even think about the search feature and the unlisted items would be a great improvement too. I am starting to lose my mind trying to keep everything in order. I made a sheet file with recipes and I manually write every single one down, to keep track of them. But it gets hard finding out which ones I actually sold.
I would love some kind of a list of sold items too. Now I can only see the sum of all the items I have ever sold, so that way the players could also know what items are on a high demand and could restock them more effectively.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
Which is weird since one single Diamond tool has 1561 durability meaning it can represent 1560 custom items with custom textures, yet the current texture variety for those items is really low.
Not every durability amout has its own texture. You can easily see this if you go on survival and break blocks, you will see that it takes a couple of broken blocks for the durability bar to go down which means that the number of textures for an item is way lower.

Pankakes

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Pankakes_81
Griffin
Not every durability amout has its own texture. You can easily see this if you go on survival and break blocks, you will see that it takes a couple of broken blocks for the durability bar to go down which means that the number of textures for an item is way lower.
You can have a model for each durability point. The durability bar doesn't represent each durability point 1:1.
When the item has a small number of uses left, the durability bar is represented as empty, due to rounding to the nearest pixel 1-down until the tool or armor is destroyed.
https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Durability
You can check the exact durability by enabling tooltips with F3+H

sewerratss

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: sewerratss
Dark Follower Raven Vampire
omg pls my shop is so messy and I just want to make it all neat and UGLDJHVDBFJH I cAnt sad and yeah the marketplace is torture to go through,,, especially mats and scarves (add colors to them?? :eyes:

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya, @Prin_ce!

Thank you for taking the time and consideration to make this suggestion! Although, a similar thread here has been brought up and put on hold. Therefore, this will be marked as a duplicate. We understand that this would help organize items significantly, and it would bring some convenience to shops. This is something that will be worked on in the near future, so keep an eye out once it’s completed and been implemented!

Thank you again and have a wonderful day!