DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Show birthday year rather then month+day

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hi,

In the Forum options people have the option to show their birthday day, month & year. However, these are separated things, as shown below. In order to activate year of birth (and thus age), day and month need to be activated as well. Personally I don't really like sharing my specific birthday, so my suggestion:

Allow year of birth, regardless of whether day/month is activated.

With day and month activated, it's available:
1611064933797.png

With day and month deactivated, it's not available:
1611064762987.png

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Yours faithfully,

KipxSateee.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heyo @KipxSateee!

Thank you for creating this suggestion, as we're always looking for ways to improve things for all players to enjoy. I'll bring up your suggestion and we'll discuss about it. I'll send a response to you soon once a decision has been made.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hi @KipxSateee!

I've returned with a response, and I'd like to inform you that your suggestion has been accepted, as we really liked the idea of birthday settings being more customizable. By adding this toggleable feature, players will have more options to decide what they would like to reveal or keep to themselves. However, we are unsure at the moment of how possible this actually is with our forums. We will definitely try to get this implemented in the future, but it is a lower priority for us at the moment.

Thank you again for making this suggestion and I hope you have a nice day!