DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Show broadcasts to users during minigames

Salmandingo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Salmandingo
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
It happens to all of us. We miss a surprise class because we were in a match of quabbleball or any other game. I think broadcasts such as "Surprise Flying class in a few mins" should also appear for people playing the mini games so that after they are done playing, they can attend the class. Often times I find myself missing many surprise classes simply because I had no idea it happened. This especially occurs when I queue repeatedly for mini games.

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Sr. Game Designer
I agree with this idea, and think it would be really helpful to people in minigames who don't want to miss classes and other announcements. However, this could promote people leaving games to get into classes, which wouldn't be ideal for the minigame either. Although I do agree that broadcasts should be able to be seen in minigames!

Salmandingo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Salmandingo
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
I don't believe anyone would need to leave their minigame to attend class. Since most minigames are less than 5 mins long, there should be no reason for anyone to leave before the game ends. Professors usually broadcast it to players 5-10 minutes before class starts so by the time it does, the minigame would have been over. But I do see where you're coming from.

However, this could promote people leaving games to get into classes, which wouldn't be ideal for the minigame either.

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Sr. Game Designer
I don't believe anyone would need to leave their minigame to attend class. Since most minigames are less than 5 mins long, there should be no reason for anyone to leave before the game ends. Professors usually broadcast it to players 5-10 minutes before class starts so by the time it does, the minigame would have been over. But I do see where you're coming from.
True, good point!

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I would see class broadcasts during minigames as a problem especially for team games such as quabbleball or hide and seek where players are needed to even play a proper game.

Of course, staff that do surprise classes could possibly have a mandatory 5-10 minute wait time after the surprise broadcast until they push the CLICK HERE announcement. Then again, a player during a game may see the initial surprise broadcast and immediately leave the game even if the class hasn't even started.

A player should join the game to play the game instead of leaving halfway through it because of a class.

Mateo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: daance
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
Hello again!

We will unfortunately be declining this as we are currently busy working on other features, and we would not be able to implement this for a long time.