DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Some Spell Balancing Suggestions

xAutumnn

Magician
Minecraft IGN: xAutumnn
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven VIP
- Nerf the damage on flipellius. It can rack up a solid amount of damage when spammed every 2s (with low mana cost) and combined with other spells, which is not even counting potential fall damage. When you combine a low cooldown, low mana, knockback spell it makes it very easy to combo with, which isn’t the issue, but when the damage is as strong as it is, it’s a little too strong.

- Nerf the cast time on igniotempus, and make casting accio apply a short cooldown to igniotempus. Currently igniotempus is really strong because the cast time is so short, and when you include the cast time reduction talent, it’s just ridiculous. You can also accio someone someone and by the time the person is pulled towards you, the igniotempus cast time is finished and dealing damage. I think applying a 1s cooldown on ignio when casting accio could help, along with a slight cast time increase. When I buffed this spell during talents player testing, I definitely got the desired outcome of this spell being used more, but I don’t think I, and the player testers, realized just how strong it was at that point.

- Lower the amount of knockback on bombarda a little bit. Bombarda can get really strong because of its knockback, making it much more easy to combo after hitting. I think a slight decrease in knockback could make this spell less OP

- Slightly decrease the cooldown that protego duo applies to vulnera. I think it’s just a little too long and by the time you can cast vulnera, your shield is already going away, and it just feels disruptive/clunky while playing. I think a 0.5s decrease to the applied cooldown would be perfect. I’m not sure if this is just me being biased for healing, but if anyone else agrees about it feeling clunky, or disagrees, comment on this post!

I know GD mentioned that they want to focus on 2.0. However these are extremely easy fixes, that can quite literally be done in just a few minutes, and will improve the balance of current dueling, in which these spells ARE unbalanced. In addition, people will often not realize the spells they use are OP, and that they’re subconsciously taking advantage of that, so even if people don’t enjoy these change suggestions, that doesn’t mean that they aren’t useful for the balance of magic and dueling, so I hope that isn’t overlooked when reviewing these suggestions!

Last edited:

Aglyn

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Aglyn
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Class Design Arena Grandmaster SPEW Academics Advisor
Hiya, @xAutumnn

I have arrived with some awesome news. This suggestion has been completed! In the recent magic patch we made several changes to the spells mentioned in this thread.
For Flipellius: the damage was decreased and the cooldown was increased!
For Igniotempus: the spell was nerfed and the cast time was increased as well as having its damage decreased.
For Bombardus: the knockback was decreased by 50%.
For Vulnamedius: the cooldown applied by casting Protellomo or Protellum was also lowered by 1 second, allowing players to cast the spell more quickly.

Players can read more about the recent magic patch in full by clicking here.

I hope you have a wonderful day/night!