DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Some Wandless magic

Nicolas.V

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Nic30
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
the idea that I am proposing is not to be done at the moment as it is not necessary and I think it is complex enough to do inside the minecraft with the plugins but in my opinion it would be great to have a limited number of spells that can be laniciato without having the stick in hand for example (animagus, apparo, perhaps resistomomentum, etc.) in short it would be nice to be able to do some magic from the hands (and perhaps it would be nice to have a spell that replaces the briefcase (using only the hands) maybe some graduate spell

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
This sounds really interesting, but I don't think it would be possible with the current plugins, as it relies on the player holding a wand to be able to cast spells. Maybe there could be a wand appearance that would be empty hands, but it would have to work similarly to the blinking eyes available in the store, where it only works for certain skins.

Nicolas.V

Graduate
Hey yea but i was talking not on wand apparance i was talking about an item that all player can buy but they have to unlock the spell before maybe a new npc in trophy romm can sell this item for 200 ac

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
What would be the point of this? I took what you said to mean that you could already cast it with your wand, so it could be like a different wand appearance which only has some spells. I'm not sure this makes sense.
If you mean that you cannot cast the spell until you buy the object, then I'm not sure this makes sense either. You suggested resistomentum, which is a really useful spell that you unlock early on the game - 200ACs would be a lot to unlock a spell you get so early, so I don't see that this would be helpful.

How would you have people casting with their hands? The way the magic plugin works is that you click an object and the list of spells comes up. If you were to use your bare hands, there would be nothing to click on so I don't think this would work

Nicolas.V

Graduate
Honey is was talking on a more rp object than utility object i was talking to have an item that is like a wand but ut is for rp you can have it whit you but you don't need it but it would be good to see but bot necessary i was talking on an rp item and for the item it can be like the blinking eyes i think thst it is possible for plugin

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
I see what you're saying, but having this item specifically for roleplay purposes seems a little unnecessary to me. I think a really great idea is to have a new wand appearance that shows you're casting spells without a wand. Not only can you use this for roleplay purposes now, but also anyone on the server can choose to use the wandless magic wand appearance any time.

Nicolas.V

Graduate
I was thinking about a new wand apparence but this type a wand is an advantage like invisible dress/skin people can't see if you have wand and you ready for attack

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
I was thinking about a new wand apparence but this type a wand is an advantage like invisible dress/skin people can't see if you have wand and you ready for attack
I don't really see it as an advantage at all. If you're in a duel with someone, wouldn't you expect them to have a wand out? Besides, if this does prove to be an issue for any reason or violates the EULA, then a simple way to get around this is to just have the wand as like maybe magic particles surrounding the player's hand. Maybe the magic could wrap around the player's arm sort of like the Herbologist wand from professions?

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
Maybe the magic could wrap around the player's arm sort of like the Herbologist wand from professions?
That sounds really cool! I don't think wandless magic would work as a bought item because you would have two wands, which would be weird and might not work with the plugin. A store-bought wand appearance is the best option in my opinion for the reason I've stated above.

deci

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: d3ci
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Hello! I am now going to bring up your idea to the rest of the poltergeists team so we can discuss it and come back with a response as soon as possible! Thank you for your suggestion.

deci

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: d3ci
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Hello!

We have discussed your idea and we have decided that we are not going to implement this, as it would be very diffucult or impossible to do because of limitations of our tech. We also find our wand system for now is fine as it is now.
Thank you for your suggestion, every feedback from the community means a lot to us!