DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Spawn Quabbleballs At Different Heights

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Right now a quabbleball spawns randomly in the middle of the pitch but always at the same height. What I noticed is that some skilled players are able to score somewhere close to midfield and into a goal and within seconds are able to grab a newly spawned ball - likely due to knowing where the ball spawns because they increase their render distance - whilst flying along the same height.

The suggestion here is make the quabbleballs spawn at random heights on the midfield (but also keeping the random spawn points that is currently happening) which could possibly make the game a bit more dynamic and cause passers to either fly up or down in order to grab the quabble when it spawns instead of grabbing it at the current spawn height.

And maybe find a way to eliminate the need for players to increase their render distance to see where the quabbleball spawns before most players with a low render distance can see it.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
This is an interesting suggestion. I understand where you're coming from, but I simply think that having different quabble spawn heights won't solve the situation you're describing. There will always be those who are skilled at long distance throws, no matter where the quabble spawns. This is inevitable, the only effective thing you can do against it is have a skilled defender.

Besides which:
And maybe find a way to eliminate the need for players to increase their render distance to see where the quabbleball spawns before most players with a low render distance can see it.
I understand that you want games to be fair for everyone, but I think that, especially QB, render distance is an essential part of the gameplay and I don't think the devs could come up with an effective way to keep the game as fun as it is now while making it fair for everyone. After all, if everyone would have to search for the quabble before getting close enough to see it, the game wouldn't be as fun as it is now. If I wanted to search, I'd play hide and seek instead of QB ;)

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
There will always be those who are skilled at long distance throws, no matter where the quabble spawns.
I've only noticed that skilled players can effectively throw a quabble into a goal at the same height that the ball spawns but aren't as effective when they're at a lower position and throwing it at midfield likely due to more players blocking their way at the lower height. And I really think that changing the spawn height would make it harder for skilled players to continuously throw and grab a quabbleball within seconds.

render distance is an essential part of the gameplay and I don't think the devs could come up with an effective way to keep the game as fun as it is now while making it fair for everyone.
Yeah, I'm also unsure if the devs would be able to "hide" the quabble before a player with a high render distance can see it. Somehow It just doesn't seem fair for the new players who don't know about increasing their render distance so that they would be able to know where to go before the quabble spawns. It just doesn't seem like a fair game when this happens.

ch amp

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: jxkson
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower
Heyo @Psycho !

I'll discuss your idea with the Poltergeist team and notify you once we've come to a decision! Thanks for your feedback!

ch amp

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: jxkson
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower
'Ello!
We've discussed your feedback and decided we liked it! There's no ETA at the moment, but you can expect it in a future update. Thanks for your suggestion, we really appreciate it!

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @Somnambulist !!

This suggestion has been completed and live in game for quite a while now.

We thank you for making this suggestion and truly appreciate it! I hope you have a wonderful day/night:serpent: