DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Spell tree

Spell tree or Talents

• Total voters

Alois_Kalakai

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: InspectorFroggo
Serpent
I miss the spell tree the new system is very hard to deal with and there is terriable cooldowns now and it makes it reallly hard. It makes it impossible to kill the harder mobs that teleport due to me not being good duelist/mob destroyer.

Last edited:

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I miss the spell tree the new system is very hard to deal with and there is terriable cooldowns now and it makes it reallly hard. It makes it impossible to kill the harder mobs that teleport due to me not being good duelist/mob destroyer.
Wdym the system is very hard to deal with? Spell trees were horrible to deal with because you needed to reset them each time you wanted to play a gauntlet for example. They took a while to set up, they were limiting and simply didn't work out for dueling. With talents, you can quickly choose 5 things that will suit your style and even if you messed it up it won't be as crucial as if you messed spell trees up. The cooldowns might be longer on the spells you're used to (tho you didn't name any specifically), but talents allow you to use any spell at any moment effectively - which is something you couldn't do with spell trees.

Atreus | ethxnTM

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: ethxnTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
The reason spell tree was replaced is that they took a player vote and talents won. They took what the people wanted and applied it to the game, which I like. Talents are perfect for duellers, and even newer people, as it's less difficult to understand and less hassle.

Alois_Kalakai

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: InspectorFroggo
Serpent
The reason spell tree was replaced is that they took a player vote and talents won. They took what the people wanted and applied it to the game, which I like. Talents are perfect for duellers, and even newer people, as it's less difficult to understand and less hassle.
I am also newer since I have only been here since late February spell trees were so much easier to understand for me. And I found certain spells I liked and leveled them up.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hi there @Alois_Kalakai! Thank you for bringing up your suggestion to our forums, and we hope that over time, you and others get more used to Talents as you use them.

While it initially may seem more complicated, there are many benefits to this system. First off, it's easier to simply allocate talents and points don't have to be reset as often. Talents now encompass a wide range of spells, so you don't have to focus on one set of spells and can instead use many more! We hope that with this new system, you can try out more spells and learn more that are valuable to use against people and mobs alike. Furthermore, you're now encouraged to find gear that suits your purpose rather than solely using spell points to buff your spells, bringing back the key system of gear. Therefore, we will not be changing back to the spell trees system.

If there is anything specific you are finding difficult to understand with Talents, please let us know, and we will look into what specifically we can make clearer. Thank you for your suggestion!