DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Spell Wars Doubles

Carlie

Professor
Minecraft IGN: CarlieChi
Honeybadger Dark Follower Vampire
I've had a lot of fun playing Spell Wars recently because I've always loved Sky Wars on other servers. I thought it would be really cool if there was an option to play Spell Wars doubles, so you could work with a teammate to win the game. It would be an awesome way to play with friends or just to have fun with other players! This option also makes it a bit easier for the lower year students to succeed at the game. If they aren't great at dueling yet they could get advice or learn from their teammate. I'm sure this would be a little more difficult to arrange for minigames but I just thought it would be cool to share. Thanks!

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
This sounds like it would be a lot of fun! I don't know if it would be possible though. It would also be nice if your friends would automatically be on your team, but, again, I'm not sure if its possible.

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Potterworld lacks the number of players to allow this type of game mode to work properly. Let's say a doubles game would allow up to 12 players to join the game and start at 6. The game queue would rarely fill up to 12 so there would be only half of the players in the game, and even then it would very difficult for the queue to even reach enough players. Also, the mechanics of Spell Wars wouldn't make doubles a very functional game in the teamplay aspect. In normal doubles Skywars, you can give your teammate buff items, armor, and weapons. But in Spell Wars there are no weapons that you can exchange, no armor, and only speed/health potions. So for now, Spell Wars wouldn't transfer well into a doubles game. But if in the future the player base expands and Spell Wars as a game introduces these types of aspects that can allow team play I feel like it could be a possibility and a fun alternative.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Heya!

Thank you for this suggestion. I'll bring it up with the rest of the Poltergeist team so that we can discuss it and we'll get back to you with a response as soon as possible!

deci

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: d3ci
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Hello!

We have discussed your idea and we have decided that we are not going to implement this. There wouldn't be enough interest for it and so we don't think it is worth programming a whole new minigame since it is really hard. Thank you for your suggestion, we appreciate it a lot!!