DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

St. Merlin's Hospital Additions

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
The new revamp to St Merlin's hospital is great and truly appreciated, however there are some things I would add!

1) The Tea Room!
Right now the tea room is super cool and DEFINITELY the best part of the build. However it is sadly missing the most important thing: the TEA!!! We already have tea and coffee on Potterworld, as shown in the Quali-Tea Tea Shop in Vertick Alley! In fact, we also have ICE CREAM, as seen in the Diagonal Lane Ice Cream parlour, and even 6 types of BAGLES from the world-famous Brimble's Bagles in Wigtown, not to MENTION the Butterbrew from The Carket Market Popping Pot! To starve the aging and injured of this great food would not only be neglectful... but CRUEL! It's such a walk to get to the hospital (more on that later), that anyone who makes it to the top floor definitely deserves to be served ALL of these food and drinks!
It would truly make the place feel more real, natural, and interactive!

2) The GIFT Shop!
The 5th floor also contains a wonderful gift shop which unfortunately... has no gifts! But here's some suggestions:
- A Magically Healing Lyre (could play a little tune and give off some love heart particles)
- A Toy Med-Kit (possibly have a spell effect similar to epifio - no crouch - or Heartstorm when clicked and gives those hit a message such as "MattyPoltergeist has practised healing you with a Toy Med-Kit!" (idk)
- St Merlin's Wand Replica (could cast a love heart firework)
- A Choco Hop Card of either a hospital staff member, a famous healer, or of Merlin himself (although I belive that already exists)
- Some Magical Healing Beans that when eaten gives you the nausea effect but also healing particles and maybe a message in chat following something like: "You feel replenished!"

3) Gabriel Lockett Memorial
In the 'Permanent Loss of Mind' ward, there is no obvious reference to the famous Gabriel Lockett: an adventurer, author, and professor who tragically lost their memory many years ago. A simple addition could be to have an interaction with a suitcase that says something fairly discrete such as "Rumour has it that a famous adventurer and author once lay in this bed, not having regained himself since a tragic experience at Hogsworth". Or perhaps more morbidly, he could have an interaction in the basement's Morgue... maybe like a strand of golden locks, his wand, or one of his books.
----- Another partly related addition could be of a nurse NPC in the 'Temporary Memory Loss' ward which says something ironic such as "Sorry, who was I meant to be treating again? What room am I in?"

4) Potion Mistakes
In the 'Potion Mistakes' ward there could be a clickable cauldron that once interacted with makes a large explosion and gives the person nausea, blindness, and slowness for a few seconds.

5) Poltergeist Pains (no, not whoever's reviewing this)
In the 'Poltergeist-Induced Pain & Possessions' ward, I think it would be funny to have random items floating about the room.

6) Quarantine Rooms
For the several quarantine rooms, I think all the doors should be locked to give them a sense of security and if opened, it could spray down particles upon you with speech in chat such as "You have been cleansed. Take extreme caution". I think they should also be equipped with a bathtub, a sink, and a toilet - just to make sure that any quarantined patients can do their business properly. Maybe it would also be nice to have a little monument towards COVID, obviously being a difficult time for a lot of people (wizards and witches too, I'm sure).

7) Bites
In the 'Bites and Reattachments' room, there could be a Werewolf NPC with dialogue such as "Hey! What you looking at me for? I'm innocent, I swear!"

8) Firedust and Transport
Currently, the hospital (despite being a great place) is very hard to get to, requiring a player to fly all the way across London to reach the fairly obscure mannequin NPC. There is already a firedust in the hospital but it doesn't currently work, so I think it could be a good idea to activate it and have it only be accessible through the Cauldron Inn fireplace. Alternatively, I think it would be a very fun idea to have it so that a certain code in the phone box teleports you to a phone box in our just outside the hospital (for emergency situations, of course). Otherwise, a portkey of some kind could be put into use (maybe one in the various hospitals around Vertick Alley and Diagonal Lane). There are other things that can be done to make the hospital more accessible but these are just the obvious ideas.

9) Ancient Objects
There could be models such as the excalibur sword, the serpent necklace, daggers/fangs, the philosopher's stone, and other commonly used mystical objects placed around the Ancient Objects ward as well as a piece of paper that when clicked opens a GUI with some runes and underneath: "You are unable to decipher what is written but it seems to be some sort of ancient curse" (to represent the 'Ancient Hexes' part of the ward.

10) In the 'Broom Crashes' room there could be some brooms and trophies placed around just to differentiate it from other wards.

11) Labratories
In the Poison Lab there could be an opportunity to get a potion that when drunk gives you poison for a certain amount of time (wouldn't kill you). There could also be the sound of a clock ticking or water rushing, to give it a more basement-feeling... maybe with some cool particles and explosions too! In the Potions lab it would be cool to have a potions crafting area just for realism sakes, and also the ability to buy a cauldron or some general potion items. A cool model to have would be a splashed potion on the ground that can be interacted with.

12) Morgue
I don't have too many ideas about the morgues but I think there are some cool options, maybe to identify some old people who may have died in Henry Porter's time (although unfortunately I don't know enough Potterworld lore to be able to name many). There could also be a secret Revelium entrance that leads to a graveyard or a EXTRA secret research place... or PERHAPS a place where NECROMANCY is being practised.... anyway I don't know.

I hope at least some of these suggestions appealled to the staff team and I hope to see some implemented in the future (especially the Tea Room one though... I'm desperate).
Thanks for reading!

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
These are some really good suggestions to liven up St Merlins!

When you highlighted "TEA" and "CRUEL" for the lack of a tea room - I could imagine a new business in Shade Alley named Cru-El-Tea that sells poisonous drinks haha. Either that or I think there was someone or a place named Crueltea on the server that made me think of that name.

2) The GIFT Shop!
The 5th floor also contains a wonderful gift shop which unfortunately... has no gifts! But here's some suggestions:
- A Magically Healing Lyre (could play a little tune and give off some love heart particles)
- A Toy Med-Kit (possibly have a spell effect similar to epifio - no crouch - or Heartstorm when clicked and gives those hit a message such as "MattyPoltergeist has practised healing you with a Toy Med-Kit!" (idk)
- St Merlin's Wand Replica (could cast a love heart firework)
- A Choco Hop Card of either a hospital staff member, a famous healer, or of Merlin himself (although I belive that already exists)
- Some Magical Healing Beans that when eaten gives you the nausea effect but also healing particles and maybe a message in chat following something like: "You feel replenished!"
I really like these as items related to the hospital - but I wonder if it could be rewarded instead of bought with gold. Imagine doing Reputation Tasks for St Merlins Hospital? You run around helping the nurses and patients in the hospital wing and acquire reputation similar to how it's done in towns. The rewards could be based on the items that you mentioned above.

5) Poltergeist Pains (no, not whoever's reviewing this)
In the 'Poltergeist-Induced Pain & Possessions' ward, I think it would be funny to have random items floating about the room.
Yess this!

7) Bites
In the 'Bites and Reattachments' room, there could be a Werewolf NPC with dialogue such as "Hey! What you looking at me for? I'm innocent, I swear!"
Haha I can definitely see this already.

8) Firedust and Transport
Currently, the hospital (despite being a great place) is very hard to get to, requiring a player to fly all the way across London to reach the fairly obscure mannequin NPC. There is already a firedust in the hospital but it doesn't currently work, so I think it could be a good idea to activate it and have it only be accessible through the Cauldron Inn fireplace. Alternatively, I think it would be a very fun idea to have it so that a certain code in the phone box teleports you to a phone box in our just outside the hospital (for emergency situations, of course). Otherwise, a portkey of some kind could be put into use (maybe one in the various hospitals around Vertick Alley and Diagonal Lane). There are other things that can be done to make the hospital more accessible but these are just the obvious ideas.
I wonder if they could use the MediKit bag from the Healer quests as another means to teleport to the hospital? The warp could be rewarded when you finish the last Rising Healer quest too. Or maybe they can plop a few ambulance vehicles around a few towns, not all, but in a select few which players can jump into and warp to St Merlins?

11) Labratories
In the Poison Lab there could be an opportunity to get a potion that when drunk gives you poison for a certain amount of time (wouldn't kill you). There could also be the sound of a clock ticking or water rushing, to give it a more basement-feeling... maybe with some cool particles and explosions too! In the Potions lab it would be cool to have a potions crafting area just for realism sakes, and also the ability to buy a cauldron or some general potion items. A cool model to have would be a splashed potion on the ground that can be interacted with.
If they decided to do Reputation Tasks within the hospital then I think they definitely have to include this room especially if the player has to create a potion to heal or remove things from a patient!

12) Morgue
I don't have too many ideas about the morgues but I think there are some cool options, maybe to identify some old people who may have died in Henry Porter's time (although unfortunately I don't know enough Potterworld lore to be able to name many). There could also be a secret Revelium entrance that leads to a graveyard or a EXTRA secret research place... or PERHAPS a place where NECROMANCY is being practised.... anyway I don't know.
Unsure about putting lore of previous people in there, but I do think a secret entrance, maybe another Fast Travel, probably from Griffins Hollow to St Merlins, or another hospital would be cool. Maybe put another dobby in one of the boxes too!

Honestly, your suggestions for St Merlins seem pretty cool, hopefully they can figure out a way to implement a few of them!

Liz Frogg

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: cxrzyyy
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Design Poltergeist Engineer Intern
Hi @MattyPoltergeist!

I'm happy to say this suggestion has been accepted and is on hold for the time being. We absolutely love the creativity in these ideas and think they'd be lovely to implement on the server! Game Design and Build will have to discuss each point in more detail, but we're excited to have some of these on the server.

Thank you so much for making your suggestion as we love to hear your ideas! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!