DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Staff IGN Required in Discord Nickname

Scharf

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Scharf
Auralock Phoenix Raven VIP SPEW
Hi all,

I think it would be extremely helpful for identification and helping purposes for staff to be required to have their in-game name clearly stated in their Discord nickname.

Example:
  • If a staff member has the nickname 'Johnny' on Discord, it does not give the player insight to who 'Johnny' is in-game. However if the nickname was 'Johnny | user123,' both preferred nickname and in-game name are labeled clearly.
Why should this be required?
  • If a player logs off the in-game server and needs to continue a conversation with a staff member on Discord for helping purposes etc., the player can easily find the staff member and continue said conversation.
  • Staff members constantly change their nicknames on Discord unlike in-game names, which can only be changed every so often. Players will be able to know who is who, despite a nickname change.
  • Players will be able to say hello and know who from Discord is talking to them in-game! This promotes communication and a relationship between players and staff. If I'm having a conversation with 'Matt' on Discord, but have no clue who 'Matt' is in-game, what's the point?
Feedback and other ideas are welcome!

YeetChris

Caretaker
Staff
Minecraft IGN: YeetChris
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Class Helper SPEW
I think this is a good idea, I personally do not know who is who unless I know the player personally and I think this would be a good idea for everyone in general. This could be helpful for players who need help, trying to have a conversation, or just needing to leave feedback! I also think this would be great for different roles within the server.

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hey there!

Thanks for this suggestion! I'll bring this up with the rest of the Poltergeist team so that we can make a decision and we'll get back to you as soon as we can with a response!

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Heya!

Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion! We appreciate all of the feedback that we get on these forums, as it allows us to gain ideas and hear from you.

At this time, we will be declining this suggestion. While we do see the benefits of this idea, we don't believe that there is a huge need for this and that this should be something that is required for staff members. If a player is confused, they can always ask someone what their IGN is, or the staff member they're communicating with can let them know. Additionally, most staff members already have their Discord name/nickname set as something that is similar/identical to their IGN or PW nickname.