DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

STOP degrading potions!!!

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
So I've noticed a trend where potions became more and more.... nonsense. We came from brewing actual Harry Potter potions, to brewing things like "sticky sunscreen" and "hogsworth pride". Not only that those potions dont make any sense or have any purpose, the steps and materials used for brewing are even worse. The newer "Elder potion" which could make some sense as a potion uses banana slices as an ingredient... like come on. The potions in the new first year quest just proved to me that theres no plans on changing this. "Flying car fuel" as a potion ingredient is just ridiculous.
Why dont we just create lore for the exisiting Harry Potter potions and start brewing those (for example like we did with Felix). Potions like that would make sense and would have some purpose. Brewing right now is literally a joke and that needs to change.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
So I've noticed a trend where potions became more and more.... nonsense. We came from brewing actual Harry Potter potions, to brewing things like "sticky sunscreen" and "hogsworth pride". Not only that those potions dont make any sense or have any purpose, the steps and materials used for brewing are even worse. The newer "Elder potion" which could make some sense as a potion uses banana slices as an ingredient... like come on. The potions in the new first year quest just proved to me that theres no plans on changing this. "Flying car fuel" as a potion ingredient is just ridiculous.
Why dont we just create lore for the exisiting Harry Potter potions and start brewing those (for example like we did with Felix). Potions like that would make sense and would have some purpose. Brewing right now is literally a joke and that needs to change.
I mean, this is a magic themed server, so I don't expect things to make any sense.

Regarding the "Elder Potion" using banana slices - I believe they are using Harry Potter game related lore as I looked it up and they call it the "Ageing Potion" - https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Ageing_Potion - and one of the ingredients involves bananas.

That "Flying car fuel" ingredient is used for that speed potion during the new Magically Delicious potion quest, right? Unsure where they got the lore for that potion, but it does seem kinda sketchy to drink something with flying car fuel in it! Maybe they could have replaced it with cheetah hair or antelope horns?

I do like the effects when drinking the "Hogsworth Pride" potion - it's fun to watch even though it has no utility.

Ivan_

Professor
I mean, this is a magic themed server, so I don't expect things to make any sense.

Regarding the "Elder Potion" using banana slices - I believe they are using Harry Potter game related lore as I looked it up and they call it the "Ageing Potion" - https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Ageing_Potion - and one of the ingredients involves bananas.

That "Flying car fuel" ingredient is used for that speed potion during the new Magically Delicious potion quest, right? Unsure where they got the lore for that potion, but it does seem kinda sketchy to drink something with flying car fuel in it! Maybe they could have replaced it with cheetah hair or antelope horns?

I do like the effects when drinking the "Hogsworth Pride" potion - it's fun to watch even though it has no utility.
Those are just some examples that came to my mind to prove a point. There's a lot more potions and ingredients that make no sense.
It's a Harry Potter themed server, let's not forget that. And HP has a perfectly fine set of potions that we could (and did) use. I just named some examples, there's way more than that, from house potions to using things like 'melted snow' for ingredients.

Ivan_

Professor
And don't have all the cool potions only in classes as currently professions potions are completely neglected.
I don't see a logical reason why those should be separated. In fact, potions (class) should get players into the waters of brewing and then the player can progress further on their own (by doing the potion profession)

Liz Frogg

Magician
Staff
Minecraft IGN: cxrzyyy
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Design Poltergeist Engineer Intern
Hi @Ivan_,

I'm happy to say that, for the most part, this suggestion has been accepted. Regarding available lore for potions, we won't be doing much in terms of 'Harry Potter' potions due to copyright, and we need to create our own lore instead. We're currently working on various projects that involve adding new potions and potion lore to the game. We would like to work towards doing a mix of practical and entertaining potions that players can have fun with, along with some that can be put to use.

Thank you very much for making your suggestion and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!