DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Stop Serpent Cane Switching

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Okay, so can't really speak for if other wands do this but they very well might.
I love my serpent cane! It's really cool and very serpent-y which is my favourite thing ;)
But, when I right click it to go into my spell hotbars and inventories it turns into the serpent wand.
You can cast spells with the serpent cane, but if you go into your spell hotbars and inventories you can only cast with the serpent wand ;c
Of course, most of the time your casting DOES take place while your spell inventory is open, which means MOST of my casting isn't come out of a super sick serpent mouth!

So, pretty much, I own the serpent CANE, not the serpent WAND - so why does it keep turning into it?

Garrison

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Khails
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire VIP Werewolf DD Writer WizNetworker
Greetings Mallaidh,

Thanks for suggesting an idea! We are always looking for ideas that benefit the server, and we appreciate you for bring it forward!

I'll bring your idea forth and we'll discuss whether it can be implemented or not. I'll reply back once we've reached a decision, so make sure to keep an eye out for a response on the thread!

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
I feel like I should add onto this as I feel like when this is brought up to the other poltergeists they might say that it's unrealistic for spells to come out of a cane.

I personally feel it is MUCH more unrealistic for my cane to suddenly shrink, flip round, and for it's shape to change and it ruins the consistency and use of an otherwise amazing wand that people spend their own money on.

Garrison

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Khails
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire VIP Werewolf DD Writer WizNetworker
Greetings, @Mallaidh!

Thank you for taking the time to submit this idea! We are always looking for ideas that can help better the server, and we hope that you continue to bring ideas forward.

After much consideration and discussion within the staff team, we have decided to deny this suggestion. The switching between the serpent cane and wand is intentional as it's modeled after Lucius' wand and cane, and the change between the two symbolizes how it worked in the books/movies. We feel that this specific wand is separate from the staff appearances and doesn't make sense to cast spells out of staff portion. Thank you for bring this idea forward, and I hope that you understand the reasoning behind this denial.

Best regards,
Garrison