DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Stupificus cancel baulectrium tick

EdenLovesMommy

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: EdenLovesMommy
Auralock Dark Follower Raven
ok so no one really is balancing dueling right now and Baulectrium is overpowered and everyone realizes this but nothing has been done to solve this. something helpful that could be EASILY implemented is just make stupificus cancel the baulectrium tick. Or even renervo. that would make it so much better to duel against and would quickly balance something that is breaking dueling. Dueling summed up right now is whoever hits the first unfortificus'd baulectrium and it makes it incredibly dull. Please consider.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
ok so no one really is balancing dueling right now and Baulectrium is overpowered and everyone realizes this but nothing has been done to solve this. something helpful that could be EASILY implemented is just make stupificus cancel the baulectrium tick. Or even renervo. that would make it so much better to duel against and would quickly balance something that is breaking dueling. Dueling summed up right now is whoever hits the first unfortificus'd baulectrium and it makes it incredibly dull. Please consider.
Maybe just lower the damage of baulectrium? Seems like the easier solution for me, also it doesn't make sense that a spell that isn't even hard to unlock with spell points or that doesn't have a charge time does so much dmg in the first place.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello @Edenn!

At this time, I will be bringing up this suggestion to the rest of the staff team, as well as the alternative suggestion that was made about lowering Baulectrium's damage. Once a decision has been carefully made, I will come back with an update.

Thank you for making this suggestion and have a good day!

Jae ⊹₊ ⋆

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: xMye
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Lore Master SPEW Lead Arena Master Lead
Hello @Edenn

I'm here to let you know that the basis of this suggestion has been accepted. We believe that changes do need to be made to baulectrium in order to make it more balanced. However, we will not be doing it in the way suggested in this suggestion. We will be lowering the damage of the initial hit of the spell, as well as raising the spell mana cost. We hope to complete this sometime soon.

Thank you for suggesting this, we appreciate the time you took to do so! I hope you have a wonderful day
:serpent:

marmitemira

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: marmitemira
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower SPEW
Hello @EdenLovesMommy,

I'm happy to tell you that we have implemented some changes to Baulectrium. The initial hit damage of the spell has been reduced by 1/4. We also increased the mana cost from 30 to 38.

Thank you again for you're suggestion and we are excited to see how this will benefit the server. Have an amazing day!