DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Suggestion: Bring Back Butterbrew [Butterbeer]

HeyJared

Magician
Minecraft IGN: HeyJared
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Werewolf SPEW
Just a small suggestion....

I think Butterbrew should be able to be purchased again in Diagonal Lane or Hogsend. Even though hunger isn't a thing anymore, it can be beneficial by giving players other effects when you drink it. Such as:
- Haste: Being able to break blocks faster for a short time in housing.
- Regen: Randomly regenerates health to somewhere between 1-3 hearts.
- Speed: Drinking it gives player speed.

Or it can be a drink where it can give the player a random effect that can be either positive or negative (such as nausea) for a few seconds.

Purpose:
Even though there are potions that allow these types of effects, the purpose of adding it back will give a nod to the HP series as it's the most popular beverage among wizards/witches. I suggest though that it wouldn't be as efficient as potions, but be able to be more accessible with it being 5-15g. I don't think it'll effect gameplay mechanics too much, but could come in handy and be a cool collectible.

P.S: It's understandable if this isn't added, just thought it would be nice to get the refreshing beverage back.

- Jared

Last edited:

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
I have so many great memories from buying loads of butterbrew then just drinking it over and over again because hey, the nausea is fun!
I remember when I first started playing PW with a lovely friend who I am no longer friends with after he became a not so nice person, but other then that I remember that us walking through Diagonal Lane for the first time this group of people ran up to us, chucking butterbrew everywhere and filling our inventories up with it.

HeyJared

Magician
I have so many great memories from buying loads of butterbrew then just drinking it over and over again because hey, the nausea is fun!
I remember when I first started playing PW with a lovely friend who I am no longer friends with after he became a not so nice person, but other then that I remember that us walking through Diagonal Lane for the first time this group of people ran up to us, chucking butterbrew everywhere and filling our inventories up with it.
Yeah, I have good memories too of buying the magical food related to Hp on the server. I get that since hunger is removed they got rid of the food, but doesn’t mean that you can’t still eat it in housing or create a new use for it.

HeyJared

Magician
I thought they removed butterbrew before the removal of hunger and food? Then again my grip on time and consecutive events is appalling.
Oh, I’m not quite sure when they removed it tbh, I was gone for a couple weeks and lot of things changed. Not sure on the timeline on things. I still had the original “butterbear” before they changed the name that I kept as a collectible.

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
oOoO I want Ice Cream, too!It could be so it like gives you slowness or something and have it act as BRAIN FREEZE! Or ice particles idk

Mateo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: daance
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent SPEW
Hiya!

There have been multiple threads about adding food items or items from shops in general, such as this one, which we plan to implement in the future! I'll now be marking this as a duplicate, but thank you for your suggestion regardless!