DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Suggestion: you should be able to choose your house

Maybroo

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Maybroo
Honeybadger
I really think we should be able to pick our house, I think we should take the sorting quiz but if you don’t like the result then you can pick your house. Spending money to change your house is a little ridiculous.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
1. That beats the purpose of being sorted in the house you belong to. The quiz has well thought questions, and if you answered honestly, the house you have gotten into is the right one
2. If you don't care about the quiz, and want to be in a certain house, it's pretty obvious which answers you need to pick to get in a certain house. There's also plenty of YouTube videos of people getting sorted, so you could just watch that.
3. If you're new on the server, you can get a free reset on the store, which is basically a free resort.

ohhelloitsnick

Magician
Minecraft IGN: ohhelloitsnick
Auralock Serpent Vampire Werewolf
I really think we should be able to pick our house, I think we should take the sorting quiz but if you don’t like the result then you can pick your house. Spending money to change your house is a little ridiculous.
hey!
so this is an interesting take and I have seen other servers do things very similarly. I will have to admit that it doesn't always mean it will work out and I have seen first hand that it makes things off balanced. since the server runs on a house point system it makes it hard to choose your own house. I think the idea of, if you get a house you dont like, you can change it is really cool. kinda like having the sorting hat be a recommendation. however I think in the long run it would make things a lot more complex and mess with the story and overall gameplay.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya @Maybroo!

Thank you for making this suggestion and sharing it with us! I definitely agree that it'd be interesting to be able to choose your house, or as ohhelloitsnick suggested, possibly being able to choose your house if you don't get the house you want from the sorting hat. I'll bring it up to the rest of the Poltergeist team. From there, we'll go into discussion, and afterward, it will be brought up to the leadership team. Once they reach a decision, I'll return to you with a response as soon as possible!

Thank you again for sharing this suggestion and have a nice day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heya again @Maybroo!

After careful consideration from the Leadership team, they have decided to decline this suggestion, unfortunately. The sorting quiz is part of the introduction to Hogsworth, where the players keep their house through the years, so letting one have the option to pick their house would take away from the magical experience. In addition, if obtaining a resort token is not an option, we provide a free reset token for players.

We hope that you understand this decision. Despite this, we hope that you'll continue to create more suggestions or feedback in the future! Have a nice day!