DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Summoning Charm/Enchantment

Sirje_Wildmoon

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: AstralFae
Dark Follower Serpent
I know a lot of people are like me, and stand safely in a tree etc to defeat mobs, or you'll defeat one mob in a group, but not the rest. By the time you defeat the rest, the previous drops despawn. So you either risk jumping into a mob of mobs, or you're very quickly jumping up and down from a tree avoiding death >.>

I'm sure I'm not the only one that does this?

Having a spell like Accio, that could mob drops towards you in order to collect them would be really useful, imo. To avoid copyright it could simply become "Ascio" (which iirc, has the same or similar meaning in latin) The radius of the spell could also be increased depending on your gear stats, or if you put points into it.

Or instead, perhaps some gear could have a "magnetism" enchantment placed upon them (or perhaps this enchantment can be purchased from the tailor and added onto your gear (probably the "chestplate"?) and would be bound to that particular gear, so any new gear you swap it out for would have to be re-enchanted) wearing this gear would pull any dropped loot belonging to you towards you. This would be at a set radius, however. Honestly, I feel like this may work out better than the spell, as the effect would be instantaneous, and there would be no complaining about the radius or having to upgrade it as it would be the same for everyone lol.

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I really like this idea!

It would be a very useful spell / feature. It could be annoying if you're trying to throw things away and they just magnetically go back into your inventory, but I guess I'll just have to remember that /me actually has a disposal that I barely ever use :unsure:

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello Sirje!
Thanks for making a suggestion! We really appreciate players making suggestions and leaving feedback.
As always, I will be bringing your suggestion up to the other Poltergeists so that we can discuss it.
Have a great day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again!
After much discussion, we have unfortunately come to the decision to decline this suggestion. We believe it would make mob-fighting too easy, as players could simply stand in trees and summon their mod drops to them. This would be quite boring and we believe it would make mob-fighting even more tedious.
Furthermore, accio already exists in game. It is a spell called Accersio and currently it pulls other players towards the caster. This spell used to pull mob drops towards the caster as well, however this was removed because it deleted quite a few items.
Nevertheless, thank you for sharing your idea with us and we hope you will make more suggestions in the future!
Stay safe and have a marvelous day!