DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Swords in Potterworld

WizardingDoggo

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Manduckloran
Griffin
The recent payload gamemode has made me realize how much this game needs a melee combat system added (in the main game). The main reason is that there hasn't been any new pvp systems (in the main game) added to the game. So far, only pvp with spells and wands have been the main combat system. Swords will add a fresh experience for all players, since they can be used for pvp or fighting mobs. This could prompt many players to join the dueling community, or at least try it out. I have heard concerns from players regarding melee weapons potentially being too overpowered against spells, but from my experience with the May the 4th payload minigame, using melee weapons do not pose a huge threat against ranged fighters. Swords will add a nice variation to duels and PVE, and since there has been canon cases of swords being used in the Harry potter franchise, It would be nice to see this implemented into the game.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
we actually had sabers last year in the ffa mode and honestly, it was very OP but those swords also had spells and a lot of mobility moves

WizardingDoggo

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Manduckloran
Griffin
we actually had sabers last year in the ffa mode and honestly, it was very OP but those swords also had spells and a lot of mobility moves
I remember that. The sabers in last year FFA were basically swords that acted as wands. I'm suggesting a melee system where its basically a nerfed version of that where it uses 1.9 combat swords instead of spamming clicks, and 1 mobility/utility spell and 1 offensive spell. These swords are meant to serve as a secondary weapon used in conjuction with wands.

MelonFoxy

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MelonFoxy
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Class Helper Lore Master Poltergeist
Hello @WizardingDoggo !

Thank you for making this suggestion! Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined. We don't see swords as an item that would fit our aesthetic and design language as our server is about magic.

Nonetheless, once again thank you for making this suggestion, and have a magical day!