DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

[Systems 2.0] Herbology Gear - Portable Greenhouse

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
In the recent Droobletalk - Systems Blog #3, Droobledore mentioned Subjects which is a replacement for Professions.
He also mentioned "Subject crafted items" and "Herbology Gloves" which I'm guessing are items that help the players out with tasks within a specific subject or could be a type of reward once you level up from a subject.
Keeping all that in mind and thinking of the Herbology plant thread that I just made - I'm wondering if something like a portable greenhouse could be added as a type of subject crafted item?

How would this work?
  • The portable greenhouse can help players propagate plants in up to five different slots. The player would have to pass a certain level to open up the propagation slots, kinda similar to how we had to plant a lot of plants to get more pots in the previous herbology profession.
  • Maybe they would also have to pass a certain level to propagate a plant? A level 10 herbologist won't be able to propagate a Dittany lvl 60 plant.
  • I think the system could be similar to the first herbology profession where players had to wait a few minutes for the seed to grow into a plant. The timing would be scaled based on the level of the plant, but balanced so it doesn't take like 12 hours for a Wormwood lvl 70 to grow. Assuming that players are doing Reputation Tasks whilst propagating then maybe a max of 6 hours for the highest level plant?
  • ***It wouldn't have to be a seed that the player puts into the greenhouse, but it would have to be the plant itself.***
  • The player puts the plant in the portable greenhouse and then there's a 50/50 chance that the plant will multiple or die off.
    • The chances could be adjust based on the level of player's herbologist skill and the level of the plant
    • Lets say a Wolfsbane lvl 70 is placed into the greenhouse, the chances that it will multiply could be 30%. If you put a Wolfsbane lvl 10 inside, the chance would be greater since it's a lower level plant - maybe 95%.
  • By having the player propagate a plant instead of a seed, they are essentially gambling a plant away and hoping that it multiplies instead of dying off into a "rotten plant".
  • Maybe this portable greenhouse could be placed into the new backpack system so it doesn't take up an inventory slot?
  • This item could be similar to the /shop GUI where a player can add a plant with the green plus sign and click the pot to remove the propagated plant.
I only know what was mentioned in the recent Droobletalk, so I'm basically dropping this idea hoping that you guys would consider it for the future Systems 2.0 release!

marmitemira

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: marmitemira
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower SPEW
Hello @Somnambulist,

Thank you for this idea and apologies for the delayed response. Unfortunately, we will not be accepting this suggestion. This addition will not fit into the plans we are already working on for Potterworld 2.0 and the systems in mind for that update don't currently reflect this type of gameplay. However, we like the idea and may take inspiration from it, but we will decide if it is a good fit for gameplay in the future.

Nonetheless, we appreciate the idea and hope you continue to share any feedback and suggestions you have. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day!