DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Tailoring Profession

Rosieonyx

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: RosieOnyx
Honeybadger Auralock
2f24bfe1374f44b0763bcd9a668318ea.png

Hai hai! So, eventually I wanna be a class helper right? Well, eventually after that I would like to become a teacher, specifically for magical fashion class. Because, I saw that once and attended it and I fell in love immediately. So, I was thinking, with the gear system and cosmetic gear, maybe a new profession of tailoring could be a thing? And if the magical fashion class comes back (hopefully with me as the teacher x3), then players could occasionally make utility or cosmetic gear in class that they'd get to keep. Like in potions class. However the process would be more like: take your own measurements, weave the fabric, dye the fabric, cut out the pattern for the gear piece, see it together, enchant it if necessary, then finish. The players could use plants and mob drops to like magically weave fabrics and make slightly custom gear for themselves. I dunno, I thought it'd be neat and tie in well with systems that already exist.

--- RosieOnyx ♥

Last edited:

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Greetings, @Rosieonyx !

This suggestion has unfortunately been declined. The premise of this idea is very similar to an activity available in Hogwarts Legacy, and we want to avoid mimicking aspects of their gameplay due to possible issues with plagiarising and copyright. We already have gear worked out for the future, so we will be going with our own design for the gear system, and will likely not be incorporating gear into a class in this way. We also have some plans for professions for the future, so keep an eye out for these!

Regardless, thank you for making the suggestion and I hope you have a nice day!