DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Breaking News 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hunt: Unravelled
Breaking News
Written by The Roleplay Team
Edited by bluecherub

The Hunt was a collection of puzzles and riddles initiated by a letter sent from Joel Crestello to the faction leaders. He spoke of a greater threat that none of the factions had foreseen, forcing the faction leaders to meet and work together to hunt/track down the threat. Stage 1 brought the Hunt participants back to the old Dark Follower and Phoenix bases among other tasks, like a ritual, where the community began to piece together clues from the last several years. It resulted in more questions than answers; however, with Stage 2, many of those questions were answered. Stage 2 opened with the discovery of Sara’s hideout and the truth behind her mysterious death when her assassin was captured. Players soon caught up to the assassin, battling him in Squalus Cove. The assassin gave up the name “Grux” while being interrogated in the Ministry. With the mastermind revealed, the chase after Grux began in Stage 3. Grux was on the run while repeatedly attacking various locations, such as the London Eye, and the allegiances’ bases. In the end, everyone came face to face with Grux, with the chance of finally getting one step ahead.

Here is what the allegience leaders have to say about the Hunt:

What caused you to reach out to all the allegiances and help begin this wild and dangerous Hunt?
Joel: ‘To be honest, it was a vision; some sort of epiphany, you may call it. It’s only been a recent discovery of mine, but I found out that a unique ability runs through my blood, one that is shared with my dearly departed cousin Sara. It is a vision that I cannot explain; it is of both light and darkness, of life and death and the cosmos all in one. I knew that despite my terrific relationship with the allegiances, I had to find a way to bring them together because I alone cannot solve this. In my downtime, I have explored the world, found my own family, and experienced unimaginable things. Now, only one thing is certain-- I will survive.’
How has the Hunt affected the Dark Followers and their bonds with other allegiances?
Henry: ‘It has changed things. To be quite honest, if I had not been ordered to do so, I would not have aided my enemies. But since that is not up to me, we are currently on somewhat neutral terms with the rest of the allegiances. How long that will remain the case, though, only time will tell.’

How has the Hunt affected the Auralocks and their bonds with other allegiances?
Rani: ‘I believe that the Hunt was especially helpful in changing and strengthening the bonds between us and the other allegiances. For a long time, we were seen as the allegiance who caused a lot of issues, and while I will not deny that it occurred, a corrupt member was in power. Since then, people have never been able to truly see that we are trying to change. I believe that the circumstances gave us the opportunity to show that we are dedicated to creating a more peaceful world. It also allowed members to build friendships with members from other allegiances. With all that said, I do not believe the Hunt specifically influenced the Auralocks as a whole. If anything, I believe it has made us even more determined to find the mastermind behind these attacks. No matter who they are or where they are, they will pay for their crimes.’
How has the Hunt affected the Phoenixes and their bonds with other allegiances?
Max: ‘The Phoenixes have been impacted similarly to other factions in unexpected ways. We need to maintain neutral relations with them in order to defeat this villain. The complications arise when they do something that goes against our ethics. We will continue to watch over and protect the wizarding community and all those within it.’
How has the Hunt affected the Werewolves and their bonds with other allegiances?
Edwin: ‘To think that there was a common enemy this whole time. We could've saved so many resources and focused on more important matters in the Pack, like the Vampires. It's a shame, but hopefully this will bring about much needed peace between the allegiances for at least a little slice of the future.’
How has the Hunt affected the Vampires and their bonds with other allegiances?
Chailey: ‘The Hunt has been tough on the Vampires. As a clan, we are losing people and have been forced underground more. We are keeping our heads down at the moment. Personally, the loss of my sister has rocked me. We never saw eye to eye, but she was still my sister. Anyways, don't you have someone else to interrogate?’
Finally, a message from the Ministry itself:

“Difficult times are upon us. Recent developments have raised several concerns throughout the magical world. However, I can assure you that the Auralocks are putting every resource available into finding Grux and putting an end to this horrific circumstance that we all find ourselves in.

The recent capture of the assassin has exposed a weakness in Grux’s stratagem; he vastly underestimates how strong we are when we work together. It will certainly take more than a simple pawn to harm those in the magical world when it is protected by our combined strength!

People of the magical world, I implore you: do not go looking for danger. While we now know who was behind several recent tragedies, we still do not know how far his influence reaches. He has proven that he has the ability to infiltrate the furthest reaches of the magical world. Please, be careful.

It is more important than ever to work together to keep that which is most important to you safe. The Ministry will always be open for people who seek safety and security. Hogsworth also provides sanctuary for those who attend and is one of the most secure locations available.

Finally, I want to remind you all that the Auralocks will do everything in their power to protect you. The events that are transpiring affect each and every one of us. No matter what happens in the future, no matter how the world may change, the Auralocks will be there for you. Work with us to help end this, come what may.

Together we are stronger.”

Matt Griffiths,
Chief Auralock.

Comments

Status
Status