DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 112

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Server Spotlight

Lifestyle

12 Hours of Academic Adventures!
Feature
Written by Silquer
Edited by Immites

Hello, my dear readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner. Potterworld has been plenty active since the start of the summer months, and recently, the Academics department even hosted their spectacular day-long classes event! This time around, I was lucky enough to be available during the 12 Hours of Classes. Let me take you through my experience at the 12 Hours of Classes as well as a brief guide to these events.

To begin with, it is important to know about 12 Hours of Classes itself. The 12 Hours of Classes, hosted a few weeks ago on June 1st, was not the only one that has been hosted! Over the years, there have been 8 hour and 24 hour class events as well. These events are hosted by the Academics department every once in a while, and it consists of a variety of classes and challenges hosted by Professors and the Arena team throughout the day.

A schedule for the event was posted on the PotterworldMC website prior to the start of classes in order to help students plan out which classes they want to attend. The “Hours of Classes” events are always great for giving some love to the hard work of the Academics department! To participate, all players need to do is check their availability, log on at the right time, and wait for a class to start! A class or challenge is hosted every hour, so any time a player logs on there is sure to be a class starting soon.

As for my experience, I participated in two classes of note throughout the day. Firstly, I attended Wizard’s PE with Professor snotflower! Wizard’s PE is a classic class and one of my favorites. There is nothing quite like racing against fellow talented parkourists to be the first one to the finish line. This particular Wizard’s PE had students jumping through the Hogsworth course, a notoriously difficult journey. Thankfully, I finished within the time limit and was able to move on to other courses! From the chat, it seemed like players were having fun bounding through Hogsworth’s halls and participating in trivia run by Professor snotflower and the Class Helpers.

I also attended a Mystery Challenge shortly after. Who knew what I could get? Luckily for me, it was a 1v1 Flying Challenge, which happens to be my favorite minigame. Although there were some technical difficulties and a change of map, it was an overall fun experience to fly with other players! Unfortunately, I was knocked out in the preliminary round of flying; however, I had a great time, and I’m sure other players did as well!

However, that is enough of a student’s perspective. I had the opportunity to speak with some Academics department members about their time helping with classes and challenges throughout the day! I spoke with Professor Aglyn, who hosted, helped, or attended every single class and challenge, and Jr. Professor SnowyKitty, who hosted the first class of the day!

A lot can happen in 12 hours of non-stop classes! Were there any highlights of the day/your particular class for you?
Aglyn: Although the "Hours of Classes" only comes around so often I always try to participate even if it's for a short amount of time. I didn't have anything going on that day and I decided to help run the classes/challenges as I really love hosting and helping, it makes me so incredibly happy to see the community's excitement for the different variations of classes that we offer.

SnowyKitty: It was my second ever class and my first time teaching Theatre... I was not prepared for how many students joined. My pacing was a bit all over the place, so it ended up taking over an hour to have everyone perform! Still, it was absolutely lovely. The energy everyone brought made my day.

“Hours of Classes” only comes around so often! Why did you decide to help run the classes/challenges this time around?
Aglyn: My personal highlight of the day and the classes/challenges that have been hosted throughout the day was the incredible interaction and engagement the Academics team held with the community. Personally, I find it extremely fun to chat to players whether it's in or out of class. The bond we create between each other is definitely like no other

SnowyKitty: I was a Class Helper for over two years and I've always enjoyed participating in these events. I was promoted the day before, and when I saw that someone needed a cover, I jumped on it as soon as I could. Expect to see me teaching in any upcoming class events. ;)

Overall, the 12 Hours of Classes was a huge success! Having players participate in classes throughout the day does wonders for community engagement, and it is great to see love being shown to the classes and challenges that make our server so unique. Make sure to give some love to the Academics department for putting this together for players to enjoy, and I hope you consider participating next time around! Happy learning!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Portovenere vs. Iris Cove: A Review
Editorial
Written by Khails
Edited by Calliequeen

Greetings, readers of the Daily Diviner, to the Editorial of Issue #112! Pride Month has been spent in the sun this year at two familiar portside places. In this article, we’ll be comparing the Pride Event sites, Portovenere and Iris Cove. Both locations are from previous Pride Events and have been put together by the fantastic Build and Game Design teams. They have worked extremely hard to make both of these locations and everything that can be found within. Join me as I delve into the builds, quests, and rewards that can be found in each of these colorful towns.

Portovenere and Iris Cove are both beautiful, unique towns full of colorful houses and a sense of acceptance. Each town has its own dock area and a boat with a large pride flag sailing high in the wind for players to travel between locations. Iris Cove doesn’t have as many houses as Portovenere, and everything is a tad more centralized. Portovenere is built into a large hill with a myriad of winding steps and widespread houses. Personally, my feet were aching after all of those stairs.

Each town offers unique businesses for players to explore and possibly even interact with. Despite being slightly smaller, Iris Cove still offers its own art studio, bakery, and library. All three can be found around the main fountain, each decorated and offering different services. Portovenere has its own ice cream shop, restaurant, and flower shop. Similar to Iris Cove, these shops can be found alongside the town square and marketplace. As someone who loves plants, I think the flower shop in Portovenere has to be my favorite of all the businesses.

Up next, let’s take a look at the gameplay that can be found at this year’s Pride Event locations. With both towns being included, you’re able to see gameplay from each area in previous years, along with newly released activities. There are eleven repeatable activities between the two, including the return of Iris Cove’s Canvas Coordinator, where players assist Vixen Van Gogh in painting on an art canvas, and a new activity called Cafe Cruise. Several minigames have also returned from previous events, such as Flight of Iris Elytra and the Rainbow Dropper. As someone who struggles with dropper minigames, I doubt you’ll find me attempting the Rainbow Dropper – I think I would hit every single block on the way down.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this article, and I hope to see you in the next edition of the Daily Diviner. Which of these locations is your favorite? I definitely think that mine has to be Portovenere. I love the build style and the location of the town, even though the stairs are something out of a horror novel. Additionally, I’m looking forward to playing through the event and getting all of the collectables. Have a great day, and make sure to read the other articles!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Rafting with kleneupcuzstink
Server Spotlight
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by Calliequeen

Hello lovely readers and welcome back to the Server Spotlight column! For this issue, the spotlight will be on kleneupcuzstink who spoke about the competitive side of Potterworld including Challenges, Tournaments, and Classes! For those who do not know kleneupcuzstink, let me introduce you to them and how they came to be on Potterworld.

What initially drew you to Potterworld? And what keeps you coming back? Why?
Harry Potter drew me in and the competitive scene keeps me coming back.
While kleneupcuzstink has been playing since 2017, they still have some pretty big goals!

Do you have any goals for yourself on Potterworld? If so, what are they?
Draw more attention to dueling + help more people feel like they can participate.
Some of you may be trying to wrack your brain as to why klene’s name sounds familiar. I asked them what they are known for on Potterworld to help!

What is something you're known for on Potterworld? Or what is something you're proud of having accomplished on the server?
Something I'm known for on Potterworld is coming up with fun, funky, and odd new dueling strategies.
kleneupcuzstink has a pretty busy schedule when they log into Potterworld, often filling their own time with things to do.

What does a normal day for you on Potterworld look like?
Get on, duel, attend a challenge, attend a class, and talk with people.
Do you have a favorite activity to do on Potterworld? What is it? Why is it your favorite?
RAFTING! Obsessed with rafting. Live laugh love rafting.
kleneupcuzstink sometimes likes to reminisce on the past by visiting locations that once held activities.

What is your favorite location on the map? Why is it your favorite?
My favorite location on the map is the Community Engagement Archive. I get to revisit some of my favorite locations from the activities.
If you could recommend one thing about Potterworld that you think everyone else should try at least once, what is it and why should they try it?
In some capacity, learning to duel. It can seem impossible to improve when there are people who are already really good at it. You never know what you can really do until you try.
I would like to thank kleneupcuzstink for taking the time to interview with the Daily Diviner. You can also be featured in our newspaper if you fill out our Student Spotlight form in the future! Have a wonderful day! This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Potterworld’s LGBTQ+ Businesses
Lifestyle
Written by Khails
Edited by littledead

Welcome, readers of the Daily Diviner, to the Lifestyle article in Issue #112. To continue our celebrations of Pride Month on Potterworld, we are highlighting some unique LGBTQ+-owned businesses on the server. These businesses not only contribute to the vibrant community but also offer a wide range of magical goods and services for players to enjoy. In this article, we will feature a select few of these places, including Travelling Tools and Trinkets, Scribbles and Binds, and Lovematcher. We invite everyone to check out these local spots and support them in any way possible.

Looking for special tools to help you around your housing plot? Be sure to catch Travelling Tools and Trinkets when they roll into town. Built within a mobile home, this charming shop on wheels travels from place to place each year, becoming a regular event in every town they come across. Founded by three Hogsworth graduates–Syirah, Manon, and Emiliano–Traveling Tools and Trinkets offers merchandise to help players build their own homes and creations. This includes pickaxes and shovels that can be used to break various blocks. Though it may not look like much from the outside, this store is full of hard work and passion.

Representation of LGBTQ+ is important in all aspects, especially in literature. If you are looking for trans-positive and LGBTQ+- friendly novels, Scribbles and Binds is the best place to go. Managed by Seraphine Leskan, this old shop has seen lots of transformations, including a recent change to focus on selling books that highlight and represent the LGBTQ+ community. Additionally, this bookstore can be found in Ireland, partnering with a small bakery owned by Seraphine’s wife, Helena. Nestled in a purple building on a busy street, this place is filled to the brim with a wide variety of literature. Make sure to head straight in to grab a book, and don’t forget to grab a sweet treat next door.

Interested in finding that special someone? You might find the answers you are seeking at the Lovematcher. Located in Walden, the Lovematcher is an LGBTQ+-friendly matchmaking agency that aims to provide the best possible matches for everyone. This business occupies a two-story brick and cobblestone building filled with furnishings in all shades of pink, white, and heart patterns. Upstairs, you will find the owner and operator, Lovelyn, who awaits her clients in search of lasting relationships. Lovelyn was inspired by her parents, Janelle and Nathan Rosario, and their relationship to create the business. Their long-lasting, enduring love motivated her to ensure others could experience similar happiness in their own relationships.

As somebody who loves reading novels of all types, I find myself spending a lot of time in Scribbles and Binds. I believe that having LGBTQ+-friendly literature is one of the most important and useful ways to educate and spread love. Whether you are looking for tools to assist in your housing, somebody to help you find that perfect soulmate, or simply looking to sit down and read a good book, Potterworld has a wide variety of LGBTQ+-friendly businesses to make you feel at home. Thank you for taking the time to read, and I hope you are enjoying the Pride Month celebrations on Potterworld.

Status