DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 113

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Server Spotlight

Lifestyle

Summer in the Store
Feature
Written by Silquer
Edited by Calliequeen

Hello, my dear readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! Now that summer has officially begun and the sun feels hotter than ever, many players are looking to cool down and style their outfits to fit the season (and the weather). Thankfully, the Store team never disappoints, and their recent Store Releases have ushered in a great start to the summer. Let’s review their recent Store Releases, as well as take a look at what could be coming next!

In June, the Store team unveiled the Coastal Store Releases, a collection of ocean-themed items. The Store team really hit this theme out of the park; every item feels like it came straight out of the sea! Firstly, two new pets have been added to the store. The new Pet Shark is perfect for a day spent on the beach. This cute companion is wonderfully friend-shaped, and although it might be a little scary to see a shark in the wild, this pet is perfectly harmless. Released alongside the Pet Shark is the Pet Crab, an adorable new addition that fits right in with any coastal adventures. This pet is for those who like to explore; the crab is an expert in crawling and climbing with you as you explore the magical coasts!

In addition to these brand-new pets, there are also new warp key and wand appearances! The new warp key appearance, the Spiral Shell Warp Key, is without a doubt a special addition to the warp key options. With this stunning shell, you can travel with the sea in your pocket. I will certainly be bringing this warp key with me as I travel this summer. The new wand appearances are equally enthralling! The Shell Wand is perfect for those hopelessly in love with the ocean. The power of the sea is imbued into this wand and its beauty makes it a great choice! There is one more appearance released alongside these items, so be sure to check out the store page to see this gorgeous staff for yourself!

The best part of these items is the ability to mix and match them with outfits and other appearances. The new pets are easily paired with any of the other items in the Coastal Store Releases, and all of the wand appearances look fantastic with any summer wardrobe. There is also the option to look back through past releases; the Tropical Store Releases, released last year, match perfectly with these new coastal items. In addition, July is just around the corner, and a new Store Release is on its way. What could these items be? Well, it can be safely assured that the next release will be as bright and beautiful as July itself. What could this mean? Well, we will just have to see when the next release comes out at the start of July.

I love seeing what the Store team comes up with every month! The models are always fantastic, and being able to wear the season with these releases brings a lot of creativity and fun to the Potterworld experience. Make sure to check out all of these items on the store page on the website, and enjoy the warm weather!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

10th Anniversary Giveaway
Editorial
Written by Khails
Edited by snotflower

Welcome, readers of the Daily Diviner, to the Editorial of Issue #113! To celebrate Potterworld’s 10th Anniversary, the Media department hosted a special giveaway to honor the many years of the server and its players. In this article, we’ll cover this event’s giveaway, showcase the winner, and revisit some previous monthly art giveaways hosted by the WizNetworker team. Join me as I highlight the hard work that went into making this special anniversary celebration a success.

Announced at the beginning of the event, the giveaway was created to honor the players who have been enjoying Potterworld over the past ten years and wanted to take a walk down memory lane. To enter the contest, players were invited to share their favorite Potterworld memory, what they enjoy about the server, or even a screenshot of a memorable moment. The contest ran through the first half of the month, and the winner was announced on June 20th. The grand prize for the winner was a $5.00 gift card, the iconic Droobledoll Hat (or an item of their choice), and 200 house points. On a personal reflection, the giveaway announcement made me think of all the years I’ve been playing on the server. I think my favorite moment has to be when I initially joined the Staff team as a Trainee in moderation way back in 2017.

The winner of the giveaway was announced as gospojken, an outstanding player and Staff member of the server for years. Gospojken reflected on his time as a team member, specifically on one of the projects that he oversaw within the Store team: the Voting Store Update. In his submission, he talked about the valuable moments he experienced while working on the project and how it helped him grow as a person, both inside and outside of the server. Having played on the server with him for years, I can confidently say that he is one of the most hard-working, talented individuals on the team. He brings great ideas and a unique brightness that lights up any project he’s working on.

Fortunately, I was able to ask gospojken a couple of questions after the announcement to highlight more about him. The first question was to gain some insight into his project and his favorite moments.

You shared a Potterworld memory as your submission, specifically the Voting Store Update. What was your favorite aspect of this project?
Apart from working with the amazing Store team, my favorite aspect of the Voting Store Update project was, without hesitation, the opportunity to lead it. Having led the project for over a year, it allowed me to grow and improve many skills that are valuable outside of Potterworld. The project also helped strengthen our friendships in general.
Additionally, I asked him about the special Potterworld factor that keeps him playing after all these years.

Potterworld has been around for ten years! What would you say to somebody who asks what has kept you playing this long?
I would tell them that the community is what has kept me playing for so many years! It provides so much joy and many valuable life lessons. Whether it is seeing and listening to people's feedback on store projects, handling rule-breaking, having daily conversations, or something else, there is always something new to learn or something positive to take away. Furthermore, I have gained some of my closest friends here, including those who encouraged me to join the Potterworld team in the first place. Overall, I truly enjoy the community, and it will always keep me motivated to stay on Potterworld.
While this special giveaway was definitely one of the most memorable ones on the server, we invite everyone to join our other monthly giveaways hosted within the Potterworld Art Discord server. Each month, a giveaway is held with various themes that allow players to submit any form of art, whether it be a build, render, drawing, writing, etc. For example, themes of the past few giveaways have included pride, mythology, and the season of spring. We have received some amazing submissions and had very talented winners. While I’ve never participated myself, my favorite theme would have to be the one for the February 2023 contest - an expression of love.

These giveaways are a big part of the community and allow players to express themselves through their art. Personally, I would love to see a giveaway themed around the idea of anything pink because it’s my favorite color. Once again, congratulations to gospojken on winning the Potterworld 10th Anniversary giveaway and all of the players who submitted something valuable. Thank you for taking the time to read, and I hope to see you again in the next edition.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Portside Beach Days
Server Spotlight
Written by littledead
Edited by LMNJ

Hello, Daily Diviner readers, and welcome back to the Server Spotlight column. With the return of summer in the Northern Hemisphere, many people are looking to spend time outside, especially at the beach! Many port towns offer a great getaway for those looking to soak up the sun and spend the day by the water. Here are just a few of those locations perfect for a day at the beach.

Located along the shore of the Bristol Channel is our first town, Longbay Landing. The large lighthouse acts as a centerpiece to draw in tourists. This lighthouse is tended to by volunteer locals, so make sure to thank them for their hard work! If you find yourself needing a break from the beach, consider checking out the library. There, you can find amateur historian Elliot Ward, who is enthusiastic about educating travelers about the village’s history.

The Wrecker’s Inn is a popular spot for visitors to stay when in town. The inn is run by Hino Ayumi, a Hogsworth graduate who occasionally hosts Japanese-themed events in town. However you choose to spend your day, Longbay Landing will provide a welcoming environment for all.

If you prefer to stay out of the water, perhaps you should try fishing. Our next town, Portstead, started as a simple fishing outpost but grew over time into a much larger town. Visitors are welcomed on fishing trips, but beware as there are local legends of a large, deep-sea beast known as the Kraken. Although most remain skeptical of the stories, you may want to keep an eye out for what lurks below.

Portstead has plenty of local vendors selling fresh-caught fish, so if you have no luck with your fishing endeavors, you can still enjoy the town’s delicious seafood. Portstead also has a sizable blacksmithing industry. The local blacksmiths and fishermen have a long-running rivalry, but all in good fun. They are even known to pull lighthearted pranks on each other.

Our last location is the beautiful coastal town of Squalus Cove. Here, you can spend the day at the beach or take part in the town’s popular fishing scene. Either way, you may want to keep a few defensive spells on hand, as Squalus Cove is known for having high crime rates. This stems from the town’s founding as a pirate town. This pirate haven has kept its infamous reputation throughout its history. There are even rumors that the spirits of the victims of these pirates haunt the town’s sewers. Despite Squalus Cove’s past, the town remains a popular summer retreat with its bright blue waters and gorgeous mountain views.

Whether it’s spending time swimming in the ocean, sunbathing, or fishing; all of these towns provide the ideal retreat for a hot summer day. If one of these locations caught your attention, consider getting together with some friends, and check them out for yourselves. Stay safe, and do not forget your sunscreen! Thank you for reading, and have a magical summer!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Tips and Tricks to Prepare for Your Summer Job
Lifestyle
Written by yakko__
Edited by snotflower

Now that summer has begun, many people, and students in particular, are starting seasonal jobs. Some may be returning to work but looking for a different job. For others, it is their first job ever! I can speak from experience when I say that job hunting can be frightening, especially when you are first starting out or are young. Because of this, I am going to give some tips and tricks to prepare for your new job, ranging from finding somewhere you want to work to practicing for it! Many Daily Diviner readers are students, so I hope you will find this article helpful.

The first step to starting a job is, of course, to find a job to apply for. There are many ways to do so! Newspapers will usually have sections listing job openings and how to apply for them. You can also walk into an establishment and ask an employee directly if they are hiring. If the answer is yes, they will hand you an application, and you can fill it out directly or take it home if you need help from your parents. Some places accept applications by mail, but most will expect you to turn it in in-person.

Your professors might also know of some job opportunities, especially if you are looking for a job in a certain industry, so do not hesitate to reach out to them! Just make sure you are qualified for the job before you apply, particularly if there are any magical requirements for the position.

This next tip might seem small, but it is very important to set your internal clock. Getting to work on time is crucial to making a good impression and keeping your job. Make sure you get to bed at a reasonable time and wake up early. Waking up at the time you would during the school year is a good goal to aim for, but you can alter your sleep schedule based on the hours you will be working.

Once you have applied and gotten an interview, you have your chance to make a first impression by dressing nicely and being polite. However, it is just as important that you get a first impression of your potential employer. This is where you may find out whether the job will be a good fit for you! Prepare some questions beforehand to ask your interviewer. You can ask questions about anything you want clarification on, like your payment, your hours, and expected duties. If the interviewer is rude to you or discourages questions, that is a bad sign, and you should not accept the job if you are offered it.

Finally, once you have been accepted, you need to prepare yourself for the kind of work you will be doing. If the job is customer-facing, make sure you are comfortable talking to people. If you need practice, you can rehearse it with your friends or family. Make sure you are well-versed enough in the industry you will be working in, like herbology or potions. If you aren’t, make sure the job will have sufficient training for you.

If your job requires regular magic use, brush up on your safety skills and practice the kind of magic you will need. Still, many jobs do not require magic!

Working is important as it helps teach you responsibility, helps you network, and of course, helps you become financially independent. Having your own spending money is very exciting, but working will also help teach you the value of your money so you don’t waste it. I hope these tips help you find a summer job you love! Just remember to take care of yourself so you don’t overwork yourself, and leave a job that is mistreating you if you are able. Happy job hunting!

Status