DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 41

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Kyla's Return: A Peek at the Revenant
Feature
Written by Serpentella
Edited by kvmw

Hello lovely readers, and welcome back to this issue of the Daily Diviner! I hope you are all having a fantastic day. Today, we’ll be discussing a beloved pre-Revelius quest that will be making its grand return: the Revenant! This fan-favorite quest was an iconic challenge that unfortunately disappeared after the Revelius update. Many were sad to see it go, and I’m thrilled to inform you that it will be returning once again as an updated gauntlet challenge!

For those of you unaware, the Revenant was a quest that followed a character named Kyla Leveski, a former Curse-Breaker at the Ministry. Players could team up with Kyla on her journey to defeat Zirxas, the powerful necromancer who took over the Dark Followers. The quest included parkours, boss fights, and other challenges! Although it was possible to complete solo, partnering up with other players was a fun and clever way to approach the quest. After the release of Revelius, the Revenant quest was removed, and players have long since waited for a similarly difficult and collaborative quest.

As a fan of the Revenant, I was thrilled to catch wind of its return! I was pleasantly surprised to hear that the popular quest will reappear as a gauntlet. Kyla will be back and better than before in this new, exciting quest, which will introduce new and improved monster and boss fights, parkours, and secret interactions. I spoke to Noah, a Game Design Lead, to get some insider details. On the topic of rewards, Noah notes: “I can confirm here for the first time that the Revenant Gauntlet will give out gear, and have an increased chance of getting [an] epic or legendary piece when a gear item is dropped.”

While the remaining details about the gauntlet are currently unknown, the Revenant’s return is highly anticipated! “We're hard at work revamping the Gauntlet to make sure it's ready to invite players to face off against these powerful foes,” Noah says. “We'll be sharing more information as we get closer to its reveal, but we cannot wait to see the community's reaction to the return of this fan-favorite piece of gameplay.”

The Revenant has been one of my favorite Potterworld challenges for years, and I can’t wait to play again with friends! I would like to thank Noah for providing information about this incredible soon-to-be gauntlet. Thank you for checking out this issue of the Daily Diviner, and I hope you all have a fantastic day. Happy reading!
Revenant Gauntlet.png

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Honeybadgers Emerge Victorious
Editorial
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by mckennaweasley

Hello readers, and welcome back to the Editorial column of the Daily Diviner! Every three months, a school term comes to a close, and the house with the most points is announced as the new winner of the House Cup. At the end of the first quarter in 2021, the Serpents emerged victorious and won the House Cup. At the close of the second quarter, on June 28th, an announcement was released: the Griffins came in fourth with 14,025 points, the Serpents came in third with 14,369 points, the Ravens came in second with 16,145 points, and the Honeybadgers came in first with 20,319 points - thus, making Honeybadgers the winners of this term's House Cup!

In the aftermath of this enthralling announcement, we asked Honeybadger student LaurlLock and staff member YeetChris to comment on the Honeybadgers and their recent victory.

What does it mean to be a Honeybadger?
LaurLock: “Being a Honeybadger means being kind to everyone, while also remaining hardworking and loyal. Honeybadgers are also very accepting of everyone, and always make people feel at home!”
YeetChris: “I don't really know, I've just always been in Badgers. I like being in Badgers!”
What do you like about being a Honeybadger?
LaurLock: “I like how accepting the Honeybadger community is! I’ve always felt very welcome in the Honeybadgers, every Badger I’ve spoken to has been nothing but kind. Being a Honeybadger feels like home.”
YeetChris: “It's such a chill community and I love the color yellow.”
What do you think of the recent Honeybadger victory? Do you think they have earned it?
LaurLock: “I'm so proud of our win! It was a long-awaited victory, and I feel like we've truly earned it. All of the Honeybadgers have worked so hard these past few months to gain house points, and it definitely paid off.”
YeetChris: “I think we earned it, it's been forever since we have won.”
How do you think the Honeybadgers can maintain a lead in the future?
LaurLock: “I think Honeybadgers can maintain a lead by going to classes and participating in tournaments to gain house points. If everyone continues to work hard for the Honeybadgers, I have no doubt that we'll win the next house cup!”
YeetChris: “Hard work!”
What would you like to say to encourage other Honeybadgers in this upcoming season to win the House Cup?
LaurLock: “I'd like to thank all of you for working so hard to bring Honeybadgers to victory! I'd say to continue all of your hard work as it is truly appreciated. Honeybadgers new and old helped us achieve this win, and I hope we can bring Honeybadgers another win for the next house cup!”
YeetChris: “Keep up the hard work! I think we did great last time.”

We also asked students from other houses, vampire127 and fobsux, to comment on the House Cup going to the Honeybadgers this season.

What do you like about being a part of your house?
vampire127: “The relationship we all have, we feel like a huge family and I couldn't have been sorted into a better house! We will always help out a fellow Griffin with lots of support and love.”
fobsux: “I enjoy the people in Serpent! Everyone in the house is really nice and willing to help each other out! I feel like there's a strong sense of community, both in-game and on Discord. Green is also a pretty nice house colour!”
What do you think of the recent Honeybadger victory? Do you think they have earned it?
vampire127: “They definitely earned it, every Honeybadger I know tried their best to get as many house points as possible. Plus they had players re-sorting to help them out!”
fobsux: “I think their victory is awesome and they've definitely earned it! All of the Honeybadger students put in so much work and it's amazing to see it get recognized!”
What would you like to say to encourage your house in the upcoming season to win the House Cup?
vampire127: “Griffins, it has been too long for us... our time is here! If we all work together and do our part, from people winning the challenges to people voting each day and doing their daily challenges. Lets win this cup Griffins!”
fobsux: “As long as Serpents keep working hard and doing their dailies, I think we have a good shot at winning the House Cup! Even if we don't win, whoever does is going to have an awesome celebration that we can take part in!”

Congratulations to the Honeybadgers for winning the House Cup this season! Their hard work, patience, dedication, and loyalty have truly been well earned through this achievement. I would like to give a special thanks to LaurLock, YeetChris, vampire127, and fobsux for their time. Have a wonderful day! This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Potterworld Art Discord!
Editorial
Written by saphirite
Edited by Hoppine

Greetings, fellow Witches and Wizards, and welcome back to the Editorial Column of the Daily Diviner! In this week’s issue, I bring to all of you, especially to the artists within our community, a sweet treat regarding a whole new official Potterworld Discord dedicated to all different mediums of art. Whether you make renders, skins, or videos, this is definitely the place to be, and the article to be checking out. From here onwards, we will be going into detail with what the new Potterworld Art Discord is, how it came to be, and what the Discord has to offer! Without further ado, let us jump right in!

First and foremost, what is the Potterworld Art Discord? Well, as said above, the Discord is made specifically for anybody who is an artist and practices traditional art, and, no, we do not mean with just a paintbrush! The Discord accommodates anybody and everything! Whether you make renders, skins, writing pieces, builds, models, or anything art-related, this is the place for you! Even if you may not be great at making skins, writing, or just at art in general, do not hesitate to join, since this is also a safe space for growing and perfecting your technique with the help of other members. You could even make this a new hobby! Overall, we cannot wait to see (me especially) what new innovative projects, ideas, and talents can come from this Discord and its community.

Moving forward, now that we had discussed, and gone over what the Potterworld Art Discord is, an important question that you all may be wondering is how did this Discord come to be? Well, to put it short and sweet, this suggestion actually came from one of our own Media members, who had presented the idea a while ago. Cate, an Arithmancer 3D, first proposed the idea on March 7th, 2021. Essentially, they, along with a few fellow members, piggybacked on a project that they were already a part of, which involved helping people make renders, and since then came the inspiration of making a Potterworld Art Discord. Without the suggestion from Cate, and the help of the Media Leadership Team of making this suggestion a reality, the Potterworld Art Discord probably would not exist today! A huge congratulations and thank you to them for making many artists’ dreams come true since it allows them to collaborate, come together to inspire, and uplift each other with their various talents and artwork.

With all that said, I would just like to personally input how excited and thrilled I am for the release of the Potterworld Art Discord. It is very refreshing and warming to see everybody with creative minds come together to share their creativity with others, and bounce ideas off one another, whilst making new friendships and memories. I am also very optimistic for the Potterworld Art Discord and cannot wait to see what new heights it will achieve throughout time.

To sum it up, we had covered a lot today within this Editorial piece. From introducing the new Potterworld Art Discord, how it came to be, and what it has to offer, this definitely leaves us on a good note to end off on. I highly encourage anybody who is not already a part of the new Potterworld Art Discord to please consider joining! Again, no matter what your skills or level of artistry may be, it should not stop you from joining as it is a great way to simply just see what artwork people are coming up with or a way to start learning something new. But, until then, from the Daily Diviner Team, have fun and get onto working!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
iSpitLikeALlama's Potterworld Parkour
Student Spotlight
Written by PlsGwen
Edited by MakkChi

Welcome back to the 41st issue of the Daily Diviner. Today we are focusing on a player who took the housing community by storm. iSpitLikeALlama is a player who made headlines because of the massive parkour map they have created on their housing plot. I had the pleasure of interviewing iSpitLikeALlama to bring you everything you need to know about this housing parkour.

iSpitLikeALlama, who goes by Llama, is a proud Griffin, Hogsworth graduate, and Aurorlock. Llama has been a member of the Potterworld community for quite some time, joining in August 2018. To start off our interview, I asked them a few questions regarding their experience on Potterworld.

Why did you decide to join Potterworld?
“I joined Potterworld because I saw it on YouTube.”
What caused you to stick around Potterworld?
“I stayed because I didn't really have anything else to do and it was fun to level.”
What is your favorite quest or event?
“My favorite event is the Anniversary Event and my favorite quest is the Zin Part 4 quest.”

Since joining Potterworld, Llama has left their mark on the parkour community at Hogsworth. Along with the help of a bunch of Potterworld members, Llama has created a 200+ level parkour map on a housing plot. Their dedication and creativity have allowed them to bring the Potterworld community a unique parkour experience that you can try yourself at /housing PWParkour. I narrowed down my questions to focus on Llama and the housing parkour to bring you all the juicy details.

What led to the creation of this housing full of parkour?
“I was bored one day on Potterworld and had seen parkours built in large scales on other Minecraft servers. I was inspired to start a big project that would bring the community together once done, but also give me and friends something to spend time on.”
What are the usernames of the players who helped you?
“Sametric, RainbowElfe, Matzun, coolking117, SpookyEllie, IDestor, coolmaddy, RadicalAbi, marmitemira, ateleir, d3ci, finner4, maddinq, EdenYUH, Maxwheell, Kailen, Hypogre, and everyone else who helped dig out the plot at the start of the project who I, unfortunately, do not have the names of.”
Do the levels range in difficulty?
“Yes, the farther you get into the parkour, the harder it gets: from simple two-block jumps at level 1 to diagonal triple neos and consecutive double neos at level 275.”
Is the parkour currently being updated?
“Yes, more levels are being added and finished.”
How long have you been working on the creation of the housing?
“The project started around 4 months ago, and we have been working pretty continuously since then until release.”
How have the housing capabilities/limitations affected you when designing a level?
“There is a lot of space on housing, so that was very useful, however it has been hard to find a way for residents to get around the housing to help people as we had to disable magic. I actually made a suggestion about it here.”
How has the player turnout made you feel as one of the creators?
“I am excited that something I worked on with friends for multiple months has become popular in the community.”
Have you been able to complete all the levels yourself? How quickly?
“I completed all the levels when I tested them before release. It was not all in one go, but I did finish all of them with quite a bit of struggle, I might add.”
Would you like to make any final comments regarding this interview and/or mention anything that hasn’t been covered?
“I want to thank everyone who helped in the creation of the parkour, no matter how big or small the contribution was, and I want to thank everyone who has come to check out the parkour at /housing PWParkour. While MattyPoltergeist finished the parkour first, another Potterworld player claimed the 20,000 gold prize. If you need any help, contact me or any of the helpers (Sametric, Hypogre, Maxwheell, or EdenYUH) and we can definitely help you out!”

With that, it is time to bring this interview with Llama to an end. Llama and all the other creators of this housing parkour have brought a new and exciting experience to the Potterworld community. I am pleased to have interviewed such a lovely Potterworld player! I hope you enjoyed discovering the ins and outs of Llama’s housing parkour, and I hope to see you trying your hand at the parkour located in /housing PWParkour, though a winner has already been crowned. I would like to thank Llama for taking the time to chat with me and complete this interview!

Thank you for tuning in and reading this edition of the Student Spotlight column. Gwen here, reporting for the Daily Diviner. Have an amazing rest of your day, and stay magical, my friends!

Do you know anyone on the server that stands out (cool housing, a museum, active in RP, do something cool outside of PW, etc.)? Nominate them here for a chance to be our next Student Spotlight!
PW Parkour Images.png

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Summer Styling
Lifestyle
Written by Crestilia
Edited by bluecherub

Hello, hello, beloved readers of the Daily Diviner! Today, I, Crestilia, bring to you our newest edition of the Lifestyle column. In this article, we’ll be digging into prepping our housings to be summer-ready!

Now that summer has begun, all you might want to be thinking about is lying on the beach, getting a tan, and picking your summer holiday destination, or, perhaps, it is your housing that you worry about. Having a housing decorated to suit the season is a great way to set some ambiance. In fact, you might find redecorating your housing rather relaxing while you freshen it up. For the readers out there who have no idea where to start on redecorating their housing, or don’t know how to, listen up! I interviewed Jr. Builders Cherrybud and xTori_, Jr. Architect Snowys, and last but not least Sr. Architect JustMaxHell to find out.

What are your thoughts on redecorating housings to suit the seasons?
Cherrybud: While I personally don’t redecorate my housing too often to match the seasons, I think it’s such a cute idea!!
xTori_: I absolutely love to redecorate my housing, especially since I have a history of rebuilding it several times.
Snowys: I think redecorating your housing to suit the seasons is a fun way to spice up your housing to celebrate different holidays, it can give new life to your builds!
JustMaxHell: It is an excellent idea! I personally do not have the time, energy, or gold to be able to change my housing every so often, but I like that other people enjoy it.
What inspires you to decorate your housing?
Cherrybud: I get a lot of inspiration off of Pinterest, and, personally, my own bedroom, since I do decorate my room in real life to match the seasons, too!
xTori_: Any player who enters to get a sense of “Wow, this is a very festive and fun plot!” I want the public to be full of pure excitement over what I have created for the season. My goal is to give other players inspiration to work off of!
Snowys: I love to personalize every aspect of my life, and housings are a great blank canvas for self-expression!
JustMaxHell: Decorating my housing makes it feel more cozy, and I’m able to invite people over to have fun— have a dance party or something.
What are some tips and tricks you would like to give to the readers who are interested in styling their housings for summer?
Cherrybud: Pay attention to the colour palette, since it has a really big impact on what season you’re trying to bring across. Also, use seasonal-specific items such as the ice cream model, which can be made by eating a few slices of cake, which is perfect for summer!
xTori_: A few tips and tricks of mine are to remember what aspect of your build is supposed to be the center of attention.
Snowys: A fun trick to take your housing decorating to the next level is to edit the biome of your scenery! You can do this by doing /house biome (name of biome). I really love to do this because you can pick some really fun leaf colors to decorate for the season!
JustMaxHell: For summer, I would say: if you have enough space, you could add a swimming pool, or just a little pond for swimming when days get really warm. Maybe a picnic area? Swings hanging from a tree? The sky's the limit! Be creative!
What are some summer-themed housing ideas you would like to share with the readers who are in need of some inspiration?
Cherrybud: As I said before, the ice cream model is definitely something I love to use for summer, along with the fruit bowl since summer is when most of the fresh and exotic fruits grow. Adding lots of plants around your housing also really represents spring and summer. I’ve seen some people create little beaches in their housings, too.
xTori_: One of my favorite ideas for the summer theme is definitely a hangout area! Whether it’d be a park or a mini beach, it’s a great start to brainstorm off of and to include friends into. Have a summer-ific time building!
Snowys: Summer definitely gives me very beachy vacationing vibes, so a sandcastle-themed house would be really cute, or adding some palm trees and beach towels to your existing housing. Decorating for the summer can be so much fun with your favorite summer movie and some friends if they’re willing to help. Happy building!
JustMaxHell: If you really want to change over your entire housing? Mmmh, I would go for an Adventure Park. Lots of games, rollercoasters, and stands with random games. That’s what summer brought forward in my mind.

That’s it for today’s questions! Thanks to them, we’ll all enter our summer without having to worry about whether our housings are on-trend any longer! This was Crestilia reporting for the Daily Diviner. Until next time!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
The Best of Friends
Original Works
Written by kvmw
Edited by bluecherub

When the Sorting Hat had bellowed “Honeybadger!” at his first feast, Theo had sworn to become the best of his house. He would have succeeded, if it weren’t for Ilsa Blair.

One morning, Theo had arrived at Herbology exhausted, having spent the previous night helping a classmate write their essay. Still, when the professor asked the class about wormwood, his hand shot up. “It’s identified by its silvery-green stalk and bitter taste.”

“Very good,” she’d said. “Five points to Honeybadger. Ilsa?”

“It’s used in potions like the Draught of Dormancy, Essence to Instigate Elation, and Diminution Liquid.”

The professor awarded Raven ten house points.

. . .

It wasn’t long before Ilsa noticed Theo always one-upping her, and he found himself studying late into every night in the library, Ilsa one bookshelf away. They became so insufferable in class that the teachers refused to call on either, and they were eventually banned from the library ‘until they could be civil’. It was this, and nothing else, that prompted Theo to approach Ilsa Blair and stiffly hold out a hand. “Truce?”

She considered and then shook. “Truce.”

. . .

They still met in the library, but now, Theo found Ilsa helpful. One bookshelf apart became one seat, and they spent more time together. He was still competitive, though, so in their second year, he suggested, “How about…whoever wins the House Cup gets bragging rights?”

“I don’t need bragging rights,” she said, laughing. “Counter-offer. If you don’t win, introduce me to Edward Hall.”

“Who?” Theo asked, bemused.

“The Griffin Searcher. I heard he’s just as competitive as you; might make for a good friend.”

“As if.”

. . .

Theo lost—technically. “If you don’t win,” Ilsa had reminded him, “not if I win,”, which meant Theo had an introduction to make. It wouldn’t be so bad if Edward hadn’t won Griffin the House Cup the previous year by trouncing Honeybadger in their last Quabbleball match.

It wasn’t difficult, though. He was searching for a book in the library when he heard whispering. Though he wasn’t one to eavesdrop, he noted Edward’s distinct voice and stopped.

“How does anyone understand this? Why would I need to transfigure a mouse into a snuffbox?”

“I dunno, mate,” the boy with Edward said.

A pause. “I’m going to bed. Quabbleball practice tomorrow.”

“I’m on the team, too, thanks.”

An idea came to Theo. As soon as Edward’s teammate left, he slid into the seat next to Edward. “My friend’s very good at Transfiguration. She could help you.”

Edward jumped. “Were you eavesdropping?”

“Of course not.”

The boy gave him a skeptical look. Theo coughed, and continued, “I can introduce you to her.”

“I don’t need help.”

Theo raised a brow. They stared at each other before Edward buried his face in his hands. “Ugh, fine. Just don’t tell anyone about this, especially not my sister, okay?”

“Of course.” Theo hadn’t even known Edward had a sister.

. . .

“You said you wouldn’t tell Edith!” Edward hissed.

Theo studied the girl next to Ilsa. The two sometimes came out of class together. “She’s your sister?”

“Of course!” the Searcher said, trying to stop, but Theo marched ahead, feeling confused. If Ilsa knew Edward’s sister, why’d she insist on the introduction? Stopping in front of them, he said, “Ilsa, this is Edward. He wants Transfiguration help.”

Edith spoke before Ilsa, crowing, “I thought you were gonna get kicked off the team! Mom’s gonna be so thrilled—her stubborn little Edward, asking for help.”

Edward went scarlet, but Theo had other problems. “Ilsa, could I talk to you?”

“I can explain,” she said, as soon as they were out of earshot. “I didn’t want Edith to get the wrong idea.”

Theo ran a hand through his hair. He understood, but he didn’t want to admit it, yet. He settled with: “Griffin and Serpent twins?”

Ilsa shrugged, but she looked relieved. “No idea. They’re both awful at Transfiguration, though, so that’s something.” She glanced towards the two, who had started tussling. “Come on, we probably should intervene before they get hurt.”

. . .

The four of them regularly met to study, and thus, their friendship began. Edward and Edith were total opposites. For one, while he loved Quabbleball, delighted with every House point they won, she didn’t care about the House Cup at all—except when sabotaging the others. Theo had his fair share of experiences: five points when Stunkbombs mysteriously appeared in his bag; ten points when she made him late to class; twenty points when his frog brains somehow leapt towards another student. Still, she was an amazing friend, so he forgave her—especially because he’d won that year.

The Headmaster stepped up to the podium, and listed the rankings to a Great Hall decked out in black and yellow. “...And in first place, Honeybadger, with four-hundred and fifty-two points!”

A loud roar erupted from Theo’s table, and he clapped hard. He saw his friends, applauding at their house tables, beaming as if they, too, had won. He couldn’t help but laugh. It had been a good year.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
The Adventures of Toby and Flupp
Original Works
Written by Silquer
Edited by kvmw

It was a dreary night, and the young seven-year-old August couldn’t fall asleep. She tossed and turned in her small bed, and just when she would close her eyes and drift off to sleep, there would be a flash of light and thunder would roll above her room, leaving her scared and awake.

A particularly close bout of thunder rumbled, and she found herself huddled beneath her blankets, crying muffled sobs into the fabric.

After a few minutes of this, her door opened, and her father peeked his head in through the door frame.

“Are you okay, honey?”

August looked out from under her covers and shook her head.

“Aww, it’s okay.” He crossed over to her bed and sat on the corner. “Would you like to hear a story?”

“Yes,” she sniffled.

Her dad smiled and began speaking in soft tones over the incessant thunder. “Long ago, there was a great wizard polar bear named Toby. After a daring battle, he found himself locked away by the Dark Lord, a raven named Crow. He was taken away by the Dark Lord’s evil crow henchmen and locked in the dungeon of his evil manor. In the deep dark, hidden away in an underground dungeon, with his wand taken away, Toby despaired…”

---

In the dark cell, far away from open air above, without his wand, Toby sat in anguish. The cell he had been thrown into by the crows was small, musty, and impenetrable, the only exit being a solid metal door. C

It was as he debated his escape plan that Toby felt something similar to a breeze. He rose from his seat on the floor and lumbered over to the cell door. There were no windows down here, and it was too far from the surface to let in a breeze, anyway, so what…?

He got his answer just a moment later, for none other than the ghost dog Flupp, his greatest rival, floated through the door and shot the bear the smuggest grin a german shepherd could manage. “Well, well, well… Looks like the crows caught up with you. How did that happen?”

Toby growled at his mocking tone. “There’s no time to explain. Can you get me out?”

Flupp snorted. “And what makes you think I’m helping you?”

Toby glared at him. “Well, you wouldn’t want your only rival to rot in a cell, wouldn’t you? Who would be your rival then?”

“I suppose…” The ghost dog flashed him a grin. “But I already unlocked the door. You can just open it. Trust me.”

That last comment did nothing to boost Toby’s confidence.

Looking around his hopelessly sturdy cell room, Toby decided he only had one option and pushed open the door.

It gave way to his weight immediately, and he stepped out into the dark stone hall, Flupp trailing behind him excitedly.

“See? I told you I was trustworthy.”

Toby didn’t respond, just followed Flupp as the shepherd started bouncing along the halls in a direction Toby hoped was towards the exit.

They took turn after turn after turn, switching between left, right, and up a flight of stairs, before reaching what Toby recognized as the dungeon entrance (or, in his and Flupp’s case, the exit).

There was, however, a minor issue.

There, at the door that led to Toby’s freedom, was a murder of crows, the very crows that had carried Toby from his tower and thrown him into the dungeon. They exploded into action, swarming Toby and clawing at his muddied fur and precious pointed hat.

Flupp, being the ghost he was, floated over to the door and motioned for Toby to follow him. He didn’t hesitate. He dashed through the swarming crows, biting and pushing his way across the room.

Somehow, through the haze of dark feathers and shiny eyes, Toby saw something on the floor… It was his wand!

Toby grabbed it in his mouth and made the final push to the exit, exploding out the door and into the woods.

Neither Toby nor Flupp stopped until the castle faded far into the distance, and when they were sure they were no longer being followed, he collapsed, panting, on the forest floor.

“Well, I think it’s time I take my leave,” Flupp said, already disappearing off into the woods.

“Thanks,” Toby puffed.

“Don’t mention it. I can’t have my greatest rival down for the count, now can I?”
And with that, the ghost pup disappeared into the woods, leaving Toby alone to find his way home.

He was sure they would see each other again.

---

“... Toby was sure they would see each other again.”

August didn’t register that last sentence, too comfortable in her cocoon of blankets. Neither did she notice when her dad tucked her in, left her room, and closed her door.

She fell asleep with dreams of white polar bears and floating pups.

Status
Not open for further replies.