DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 59

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Student Spotlight

Lifestyle

Original Works

An Insight to the April Community Engagements
Feature
Written by bea_5OOOO
Edited by bluecherub

Hello lovely readers and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! Each month brings new excitement to Potterworld, and April is no exception, bringing the April Community Engagement Events along with it. Community Engagement Events, or CE’s, are community-based events that the Inquisitors host which help bring together the Potterworld community through various enjoyable activities. I am sure many of you already cannot wait to find out what happens at this month's CE, which is why today I will be teasing some aspects of the April Engagements!

There are plenty of different ideas we can speculate for this round of CEs. Usually we get to do some searching and crafting items, or maybe even create something interesting. We may even get to see some fairy-sized items in the builds relating to the ongoing Fairy Grove event. Or, perhaps, we will end up having to complete some sort of challenge, like a parkour. There is also the possibility of team-based activities. Maybe there will be activities where we will have to find the ingredients of a new potion or item! We might even get chances to spend gold on special CE items.

The possibilities for these Engagements are endless; thankfully, the Inquisitorial Advisor, Ariel (Creme_de_Creme), was able to provide me with some information on the activities to help curb your curiosity until the Community Engagement Events occur. First and foremost, the theme for the April Community Engagements is hunting for eggs! You can expect both mini-game-based and hangout-based Engagement activities, with a shared goal of finding different eggs. They can be found in a multitude of ways, from mazes to parkour (and more)! There may even be some egg-based competitions as well.

Egg hunting is not the only thing planned for these Engagements! Players, like you, will have the chance to use their newly-found eggs to purchase items within a shop. Although, you may have to return to the shop multiple times, as there is the possibility that not everything will be available at once.

Spring is not just a time for hunting, but also a time of new growth. Alongside growth comes small animal friends, some of whom will also be found at the Engagement, so make sure to keep your eyes peeled!

This set of Community Engagement Events are sure to be a blast, with multiple ways to make friends, collect new items, and explore! There are tons of fun activities (and eggs!) waiting to be discovered, too. The egg-based mini-game is sure to be fun to compete in with friends as well. The store also seems like it is going to be fresh with its back-and-forth system. I hope you all are as excited as I am to find out which small critters are awaiting players throughout the event. We will just have to wait and see the full extent of what is in store for us. I urge you all to give the CEs a try this time around; all of them are going to be memorable.

We surely have some wonderful April Community Engagements in store for us. Make sure to keep an eye out for any further information about the Engagements. What do you think, dear readers, are you excited for the upcoming Engagements? Like always, thank you for stopping by the Daily Diviner and happy hunting!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

The Hunt is Solved
Editorial
Written by ivyronincheez
Edited by Compost__King

Hello lovely readers and welcome back to the Editorial section of the Daily Diviner! Today I will be giving my review on The Hunt, a Chapter Two ending to the roleplay storyline in Potterworld. This was a new style of event that the Seer team had never done before on Potterworld; classifying it as an Alternate Reality Game. The Hunt was broken up into three stages: let's travel back to Stage One.

The Hunt: Stage One was called “Revisit the Past”, meaning that maybe the players learn everything about the past in this one stage. Within Stage One, players were able to visit the ruins of the Dark Follower and Phoenix base that were destroyed under Auralock Official Shakti. I felt that these bases were needed to help bring Chapter Two to an end. With these two bases being accessible for a short amount of time, it gave players a chance to go back and roleplay at these bases. These places were like a home to most of the roleplay community so I know when they became available they were hit with some nostalgic moments. At the end of Stage One, players were left with a shredded old cowl and many questions as to what comes next. Approximately two months later, The Hunt: Stage Two was released.

The Hunt: Stage Two was called “Uncover the Mystery”. From just the title, I personally was hoping to get some questions answered about Stage One. I know that one of the heavily asked questions was, “Who is this greater evil?” One location that was accessible was Dark Mistress Sara Selwyn’s hideout. This location wasn’t intended to be accessible from Sara’s wishes. To access this location you would need a code that was found in the Breaking News article that was related to her death. I quite enjoy the murder mystery aspect for this puzzle, as it helped to add to the mystery of The Hunt as a whole. At the end of this stage we all learned one thing, the name of the greater evil. That name is Grux, with the name now revealed we are left with the question, “Who is Grux?”

The Hunt: Stage Three was called “Find the Truth”. This is where it all counts now, this is where we fight for our lives. Now that Stage Three was here it was time to put an end to Grux and show him that he can’t mess around with anyone. I personally enjoyed this stage because in the second to last puzzle the players had to answer one riddle. In order to find the answer, players had to receive a riddle from a roleplay leader in the Roleplay Hub. Each item was found around the world and had a letter that was added to the puzzle. At the end of the stage you enter Grux’s hideout where you come face to face with him, or so we thought, because Grux ran away at the end. In order to complete the stage, you were required to duel Joel Crestello, who was under the effects of the Imperium curse. After beating Joel, he admits that he was under the control of Grux during the battle.

In the end, this Chapter Two finale event was a lot of fun. I was on the edge of my seat at the end of each stage to see what was going to happen next. There weren’t as many bugs as I thought there would be so it made everything run more smoothly. Now that Chapter Two has concluded, what does that mean for the Wizarding World? I guess we’ll have to find out. This has been ivyronincheez reporting for the Daily Diviner.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

A Touch of Spring Magic
Editorial
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by snotflower

Here we are, awaiting May flowers as we sit through April showers. Without a doubt, we are in the midst of spring! While it might be a joyful thing to watch, it’s not an easy thing to pull off. Fairies dedicate their lives to changing the seasons and ensuring the world runs smoothly. They’ve invited all of Hogsworth to come and help winter transition to spring. The fairies have been eagerly awaiting our arrival and promise it’ll be a wonderful experience!

Spring Awakens in the Fairy Grove is the name of our Spring Event this year. It is a mini-event, which means it is less content-heavy and on a smaller-scale than other events. It came out on April 9th and will conclude on April 30th. Kevin is once again our guide, and I was over the moon to see him! We shrink down to fairy-size and enter the magical land of fairies. You can then choose a talent and help out the fairies with their spring activities!

When Kevin and I first arrived at the Fairy Grove, I was impatient to pick out my talent. I had taken the Daily Diviner talent quiz and already knew which talent I was going to choose, but I was surprised at how convincing the other talents seemed. Before picking, you talk to a fairy from each different talent. Each fairy needs some help and has called on you for assistance. I had so much fun playing Minesweeper with the garden fairy, and I was amazed by the light fairy’s rainbow skills! Once you’re done helping them out, hopefully you will have a talent in mind. You’ll find your calling and pick the one that’s best suited for you. I had already known from the start, without even needing the talent quiz, that I was going to be an animal fairy!

Once you’ve picked your talent, there are five daily quests you can complete! Head back to the talent hubs you previously visited, and you’ll find some more fairies that need your help. With the animal fairies, Bear needs help treating a sick ladybug, which is perfect for an animal talent like mine. You must help diagnose her and come up with the best care treatment plan. On the waterfront, help the young fish and turtles learn how to swim. Lead them through a maze as they practice their water skills and help them find the end. Run back over to the light fairies and help with feeding the fireflies. They need to eat in order to shine brightly, but they’re quite stubborn about it! The bug fanfare doesn’t stop with the garden fairies, which leads us to my favorite daily quest. Aspen needs help delivering nectar, and with the help of a little bit of fairy dust, you’re the perfect wizard for the job. Soaring between the flowers makes me feel so free! Finally, end your day by finding lost things with the tinkers around a faraway pond. It’s a tall list, but I always come out feeling rewarded for helping the fairy folk!

With every quest you complete, you gain XP and Event Tokens, which is a lovely touch for this mini-event. With the daily quests, you also earn Motes for the talent you helped out! Though the Motes reward has already been unlocked, there are tons of fun rewards you can buy with Event Tokens. The most popular reward seems to be the ladybug companion, and I can definitely see why. These friendly bugs allow you to ride upon their backs around the Fairy Grove! I was about to sob when I realized you can only ride them in the event area, but then I remembered that they’re just small bugs in the real world, and you would squish them if you did. Oops.

Minigames-wise, there’s not much you wouldn’t expect. There are plenty of parkour maps with a few mazes and droppers sprinkled in. I’m not much of a minigame person, but I adore mazes. I always follow the classic only-turn-right tactic so I can see as much of the maze as I can! I’ve only played the Journey to the Underland maze so far, and it is absolutely adorable. It has multiple levels and secret fairy homes hidden in the dirt tunnels! It made me want to stay tiny and just live in the maze forever.

This is quite a magical mini-event, and I encourage all of you to check it out. Don’t let your dreams be dreams; become a fairy today! You have until April 30th to experience all of the Fairy Grove, so you’re sure to have plenty of time to check everything out. Thank you to all of the staff involved in this project, and thank you for reading! Have a magical day!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

WitheredApollo’s Short Stories
Student Spotlight
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by bluecherub

Hello, lovely readers! Welcome back to the Student Spotlight column of the Daily Diviner! Potterworld loves to recognize and celebrate player creativity and artistry. In the past, we have taken a close look at rendering, shops, roleplay figures, and much more. This week, I had the pleasure of continuing that tradition by interviewing WitheredApollo about his written works, a topic near and dear to this writer’s heart.

When did you join Potterworld?
I joined potterworld 05/03/2021! So it's almost been a complete year since then.

What kind(s) of stories do you write?
I usually write fiction stories, basing them around the roleplay side of Potterworld! Many of the stories I write are around my character, Atreus Vitale. Though I have written a few stories about other people with their permission.

How did you first get into writing?
One of my English teachers assigned us to write a book in 9th grade. I remember the prompt being, 'Write a book that is 2,000 words. A fictional book. Could be anything from princesses to flying ships in the sky.' It was for a writing contest, and I was the winner. That was the first time I actually put time and effort into writing, causing me to realize my love for writing.

What inspires you to write a new piece?
My friends. When I'm writing, or even before, they usually keep me motivated and focused. They'll talk about something they like, and I'll generally work it into my story in some way. It may be a meal they prepared or a hike they took.

Have you ever gotten writer’s block? If so, how did you get over it?
Oh, yes, all the time. Writer's block frequently strikes when you least expect it. It took me a long time to get out of it. Writing short poems every day and writing more and more has helped me overcome it. Even if you don't want to, writing a sentence a day can really make a difference.

What is your favorite genre to read and write and why?
Reading and writing fiction are two of my favorite hobbies. Because the actual world can be frightening at times, reading fiction books and simply drifting off into a world of fantasy can be extremely pleasant. I want people to be able to escape into their own little worlds, visualizing what they're reading.

Many people get inspiration from events in their life, their friends, books they read, or even from classes! The Professors on Potterworld often teach us about fascinating and varied subjects such as Alchemy, Unmagical Studies, or Ancient Studies.

In these classes, they encourage students to write stories, creating characters and a storyline based around a topic that they have just learned to demonstrate their knowledge. Sometimes, it is easier to retain knowledge through writing a story about it. Other times, it is through writing stories that we can let our imaginations run wild.

What is your favorite piece you have written and why?
It's gotta be my book called 'Payback'. I wrote it in one of Lyra's classes. It was a creative writing class, and the prompt was 'Write about a dream that somehow affects the real world.' Mine was about my having his memories altered, he gains them back through his dreams, but he also gains back the injuries with it! It was a pretty long book, but I just felt so proud of it, since I haven't done a prompt like that before.

What was your most challenging piece and why?
It would have to be my book called 'Healing'! It was my first O+, in Professor Jenn's class. The prompt was really good, but it was about healing, and using a plant. I'm usually not one for healing, or writing about healing in any way, so this was completely new to me. It was also the first time I hit 17 pages.

I recall that my first O+ was in Professor Jenn’s class as well. The topic was to write a story about the duties/responsibilities of being a Headmaster or Headmistress. Receiving your first O+ is such a memorable and rewarding experience.

Do you have any advice for those wanting to get into writing their own stories?
Of course! Take things slowly if you want to start writing. Take your time and write what you're most comfortable with. That might be poetry or even full-fledged books if you so desire. But don't feel compelled to begin at a specific point. Writing takes time and will not happen overnight. Just go with the flow and take your time with it. I believe in each and every one of you!

Do you have any advice for those with writer’s block?
Now, for those who are experiencing writer's block! Everyone's situation is different, but I've found that writing a little every day helps tremendously. You could be suffering from writer's block as a result of writing too much or not moving around enough in real life! It's advisable to go for a stroll and clear your mind before trying again. Take your time with your writer's block; it won't go away instantly.

I hope you have gained some inspiration and advice you can apply to your own writing from WitheredApollo’s interview. If you are interested in sharing your writing, art, or builds, I recommend taking a look at Potterworld’s Official Art Discord. During the month of April, those who write, draw, or submit a piece following the theme of fairies will have to chance to win a prize. I challenge you, reader, to create and submit a piece for the giveaway. In the meantime, have a wonderful day! This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.

~*~
Dragons, Oh my!
The moon shined brightly, high up in the sky. Stars twinkling around it. The night was beautiful, the perfect time to be asleep. Except…

Read more of this story by WitheredApollo here!
~*~

Do you know anyone on the server that stands out (cool housing, a museum, active in RP, do something cool outside of PW, etc.)? Nominate them here for a chance to be our next Student Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Fun Spring Activities
Lifestyle
Written by ivyronincheese
Edited by maddinq

Hello lovely readers and welcome back to the Lifestyle section of the Daily Diviner! Today we will be going over some fun activities that you can try out this spring. We have two activities for you and they both involve being outdoors. Without further ado, let’s get into our first activity.

The first spring activity you could try out is outdoor gardening. This is a wonderful activity because you get exposure to vitamin D, which benefits your bones and immune system. Also, it helps boost your mood, meaning that gardening helps fight stress! Something that helps with outdoor gardening are the many types of flowers that you plant in the flower bed. Flowers that I recommend are peonies, tulips, and orchids. The different colors and shapes help bring a calmness to people.

The second activity that you should try is going out for some picnics. There are a lot of fun ways to eat, but few things triumph over the simplicity of laying out a blanket and settling into nature with your close friends and a basket of food. A good picnic only requires three quality ingredients: good people, tasty food, and a solid location. A location perfect for a picnic could be your local park. Something that comes with any picnic is the ability to try out new spring dishes for everyone to try! A spring dish I recommend is Spring Asparagus Salad, crisp spears of asparagus, sweet peas, spring salad mix, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, thinly sliced radishes, and avocado tossed in a light lemon tarragon vinaigrette. Finish with hard-boiled eggs, crunchy nuts and a sprinkle of goat cheese for a deliciously vibrant spring salad. Once you have that down you’ll be able to have the best picnics.

It has been super fun sharing the two different spring activities for everyone to try. You could even combine the two activities together! The way this would work is after working in the garden for so long you can then have a little lunch picnic in your new garden. Thank you guys for reading this section of the Daily Diviner! This has been ivyronincheez reporting for the Daily Diviner.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Ushering in Spring
Lifestyle
Written by Silquer
Edited by kvmw

Hello dear readers and welcome to another cosy Lifestyle article! One of my favorite pastimes in Potterworld is decorating my housing, and with spring finally here, it’s time to decorate! From couches and carpets to outdoor gardens, there is a variety of spring-like ways to embellish your housing. Let’s get started with some of my favorite ideas!

One of the most important aspects of choosing decorations is the colour palette. Without one, the colours may come off as discordant or unorganized. Keep this in mind when using any colour in your housing.

With carpets and couches, this is especially important. Changing the couches to a light yellow or blue is the perfect colour for spring! However, too many colours can clash. Keeping in mind: matching the carpet to the couches is the ideal way to balance your palette. You can even arrange them in a pattern to avoid repeating colours!

Besides carpets and couches are banners. Banners can be used as extra decoration to add a splash of colour to any barren walls. Make sure to not use any clashing colours, and stick to tones that compliment the previous couches and carpets. Position them anywhere that looks bland, but remember not to over-saturate one area too much!

The final piece of adding extra flair is decorative heads. Flower baskets are especially useful in sprucing up those empty tables and desks. Eggs can also come in handy! Hide them in corners and crevices of your house to add some hidden surprises wherever you see fit.

Now that your colours are aesthetically pleasing, it's time to look towards assorted flowers and plants. Spring is obviously a time for growth, and what better way to represent that than an overload of foliage?

The most obvious solution to a plant-desolate home is potted flowers. Tulips, daisies, and lilies are safe options in your housing. Throw in some blue orchids and alliums if you’re feeling brave (and if they match your colour scheme, of course)! And, if you really want a cottagecore look, scattering as many flowers around the house as possible is the best way to go about this. You can never have too many!

Outside of the house, flowers are just as important. Decorate the lawn with plenty of flowers to signify the entry of spring into your housing. It doesn’t have to be just flowers, either. Throw in some bushes and ferns for some variety! If you want to go above and beyond these lawn decorations, you can even create your own garden using food heads and fences. Heads of grapes, lettuce, raspberries, and tomatoes are ideal crops in a homemade garden.

Now that the interior and exterior of the house are sufficiently spring-iffied, there are still a few things missing: specifically, a special DIY touch! DIY projects are fantastic if you want a hands-on approach to your building, and the possibilities are limited only to your imagination!

With your garden and lawn all decorated, there is only one thing left to change into spring: trees! Using DIY methods, you can create your very own swaying cherry blossoms. There are two ways to create these: first, you can change the wood into something darker to match the real-life traits of the wood; second, you can change all of the previously boring leaves into pink blossoms by using pink wool and glass! For a simpler option, you can also build mini cherry blossom trees around your housing.

With a new splash of colour added to your trees, you can start looking for other DIY options. Bushes and hedges work very well when scattered around the housing. The new growth will definitely give off a spring aesthetic, and you can choose between carefully trimmed or overgrown. If you go the overgrown route, use leaves to create vines all around your house or any structures.

The final DIY option involves benches and flower beds! You can build your own unique benches to enjoy the foliage you’ve set up so far. Using fences, trapdoors, and glass panes, you can build any type of bench you desire. Just take a look around you for inspiration! If you want one final touch of manicured lawn-making, look no further than flower beds. Flower beds are easily crafted with raised dirt covered by slabs or trapdoors. You can even put flower beds on window sills!

What do you think of these ideas? I hope you plan to implement some of them into your housing! Either way, the most important part of the season is to be creative, so get started on your build and have fun. Enjoy your spring!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

The Disappearing Chocolates
Original Works
Written by Silquer
Edited by kvmw

Spring meant a few things to the students in Hogsworth. It meant the promise of new warmth, cool breezes, and sitting in the courtyards again. It meant warm days by the beaches and open windows in classrooms. A glorious time, indeed. On the other hand, to the teachers, it meant the annual decorating of the castle and, by association, hiding of chocolate to celebrate spring, which was always met with fond exasperation. It was an old tradition, one many professors had experienced themselves. However, now on the other side, it just meant more work.

This time, the Charms teacher, Professor Celyn, found himself in the halls with a basket overflowing with various chocolates in his hands and the exasperation to match. It was always great for the students, he mused, but something always went wrong with the setup.

This year was no exception.

Celyn went about his route along the halls, leaving chocolate frogs and bunnies in the nooks and crevices, finally coming upon his last chocolate frog and setting it down in the corner of a window.

It was only as he made his way back to his classroom that he felt something was amiss; it was a gut feeling that came from the process going too smoothly, and it made him immediately turn about and check on his chocolate.

He found his first hiding place again, nestled in-between two torches, but found nothing. “This can’t be right,” he murmured. “I’m sure I left chocolate here.”

He continued to the next one, and the next, and still found nothing but an empty wrapper and some chocolate crumbs left. Celyn sighed in defeat; they had been stolen.

But what now? He would have to slink back to the professor of Transfiguration, who would surely sigh at his carelessness. He already dreaded the conversation. It was then that he noticed something off about the chocolate crumbs and wrappers. They snaked along the hall in a jagged pattern, leading down the hall and disappearing around a corner. It was a trail.

Renewed with hope, Celyn started his way along the crumbs and wrapper pieces, gently stepping around them to avoid erasing the evidence. He followed the trail to a dead-end, where it abruptly ended in a final chocolate frog box. Suspicious.

A giggle sounded through the halls. Celyn’s head snapped up, and he looked around for the source. Keen eyes caught the start of another trail, and he began to follow this one too. Through the halls he went, up a flight of stairs and turned corners left and right, until he came to yet another dead end facing a window. The only remains of the chocolate were a bunny-shaped gold wrapper. The conspiracy deepens, he thought as he turned around to find a new trail.

But before he could walk any further, out of the corner of his eye, he saw the flying cloth of a student’s robe and a ghostly, pale figure disappear around a corner. A trail of wrappers and chocolate follows closely behind.

“Ah, the culprits,” he said to himself, and began to follow.

The new lead took him all through the castle, following giggles and whispers and the occasional robe or ghostly tail. The trail stopped at last in a storage room, where Celyn could see through the crack in the door a second-year student and a young ghost together, reveling in their spoils.

He shook his head in silent ire and opened the door with a creak. The student and ghost jumped in surprise at his sudden entrance.

“And what would you two be doing with my chocolate?” he asked, arms crossed with a vexed look.

“Your chocolate…?” the student started. Then it dawned on them with a horrified glance at their giggling ghost friend. “Oh… I’m so sorry,” they said quickly, standing to hold out the remaining chocolate. “My ghost friend didn’t say where it was from.”

“I’m sure,” he replied over the chuckles of the ghost. “Even so, I think it’s only fair that you both help hide them again, don’t you?”

The ghost’s laughs stopped at that as it began to pout, and the student nodded vigorously.

Celyn mused later as he watched the ghost hide chocolate in the high corner of a hallway that it had worked out rather well for him, having two extra hands to hide the chocolate. It seemed that help could come in the most unlikely of places.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

How the Butterfly Gains Her Wings
Original Works
Written by kvmw
Edited by Calliequeen

“Once upon a time, there was a very ugly caterpillar.”

A little girl prances onto the stage, wearing a striped lump of fuzzy cloth.

“She saw a very beautiful fairy and said… ”

Another girl enters the stage, dressed to the height of preschooler finery, complete with a set of iridescent wings that shone. “Hello!” the caterpillar says. “You are beautiful.”

“Thank you,” the fairy says.

“How can I be as pretty as you?”

“You, beautiful? You are so ugly. However, come to the clearing tonight. I know other fairies. They could help.”

“Thank you!” the caterpillar shouts as the curtains close.

A large amount of bustling later, and the stage is once again revealed. Five or so toddlers stand in a circle, dressed similarly to the fairy from before, each with their wings. They look very menacing (or as menacing as pudgy four-year-olds with puffed chests can be) as the caterpillar approaches.

“Hello,” she says. “I would like to be more beautiful.”

The first fairy says, “Complete three tasks.”

“Bring us berries of each color.”

“ROY G BIV!” another shouts.

“Climb to the top of the tallest tree.”

The narrator adds, “And bring a feather from the eagle that resides there.”

“Bring us light as golden as the sun!”

The five fairies walked off the stage, leaving the caterpillar by herself. At once, she begins to sob as the narrator bellows over her, “The caterpillar is left in despair! These tasks seem impossible, but she wants to be beautiful! At last, a few Bowleafs are attracted by the commotion and approach… ”

A pause. The caterpillar stops wailing, but nothing happens.

“The Bowleafs approach… ” the narrator repeats.

A yelp of surprise, followed by a trio of children tumble onto the stage, each wearing a bean sprout hair clip. Parents gasp, and the narrator temporarily breaks character to say, “Don’t worry, just give them a moment.”

At last, the Bowleafs right themselves. All their hair clips have fallen out, but the first says, “What’s wrong?”

The caterpillar heaves out a sigh. “I want to be beautiful. But the fairies are mean! They gave me very hard tasks. I don’t know what to do.”

“What are these tasks?”

“The caterpillar explains the tasks to the Bowleafs,” the narrator says.

“We can help you find berries!”

“Thank you!” The three of them troop off the stage as the curtains close once again.

Once the curtains open, the caterpillar is perched on the rung of a ladder, breathing heavily. “I’m so tired!” she wails. “Climbing up the tree will forever take!”

“Take forever,” the narrator amends. “However, a Phoenix catches sight of her from a nearby tree and swoops down.” Picking up her wand, she mutters, “Leviomora!”

Another gasp—a child dressed in bright red and gold feathers drifts down from the ceiling, held up by wings tied to him with a harness. “Hello!” the boy says, looking ecstatic. “Why?”

“I have to get a feather from the eagle.”

“The eagle will eat you. Let me help!” And with that, he sweeps the caterpillar into his arms, and the two are lifted up as the curtains close.

Soon, the caterpillar is shown to be alone again. The narrator begins with, “Unfortunately, the third task is the most puzzling. How is she to capture a light as golden as the Sun? Her question is answered when a creature appears… ”

The child is brilliantly gold, with a single horn attached to their head, and they sit next to the caterpillar and rest their head on her shoulder. “Are you alright? You are sad.”

“I have to find golden light,” the caterpillar bemoans.

“I am golden!” the Unicorn remarks. “I could come with you.”

The caterpillar grins. “That would be great. Thank you!”

The five fairies appear once more. “Do you have the three items?” one asks, skeptical.

“Yes!” The caterpillar produces a feather, seven plushies, and gestures towards the unicorn.

“The fairies are astounded,” the narrator explains as each of the children’s jaws drop. “They didn’t think the caterpillar could get help—she obviously had—because she was so ugly. This is because fairies are vain. Nevertheless, they sprinkle magic pixie dust over the caterpillar.”

As the fairies toss glitter, the caterpillar collapses and begins to curl up. A nearby tree tosses a green blanket over her.

The fairies laugh evilly. “She is much prettier now! Goodbye!” The curtains close. When they open again, the caterpillar is still hidden by the blanket, surrounded by her friends.

“It has been three weeks,” the narrator intones. “But nothing has happened. At last, they resort to desperate measures.”

“My tears heal!” the Phoenix shouts.

“So does my blood,” the Unicorn comments.

The Bowleafs mumble, before remembering they have no lines here.

“And so, the Phoenix begins to cry as the Bowleafs scratch the Unicorn.” The Phoenix begins to sob, all while dunking a pail of silvery liquid onto the blanket, which rolls off in pearly droplets. Meanwhile, the Unicorn produces what looks like red food coloring, and squeezes out a few drops as well.

The blanket stirs and a beautiful creature is revealed. Her body is now all black, adorned with iridescent wings that feature every color of the rainbow that glow golden.

“And this is how the butterfly gains her wings,” the narrator finishes. “The End.”

The parents can only applaud.

Status