DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 67

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Student Spotlight

Lifestyle

Miscellaneous

What’s In Store For This Year’s Butterbrew Event?
Feature
Written by kvmw
Edited by Calliequeen

As August begins, ushering in the month of the first Roman emperor, International Clown Week, and the Perseid Meteor Shower, Potterworld too will be celebrating its annual Butterbrew event! Once every year, the community comes together to toast one of Potterworld’s most famous drinks, and this year is no different. The staff team has been tirelessly working to make this event as special as possible, and I can’t wait to give you a little teaser of what is to come, so let’s dive right in!

Most annual events are centered around a theme, and this year is no different. Beyond the obvious “butterbrew,” the additional concept is “carnival!” Players will have the opportunity to participate in one such celebration, which will feature a variety of festival classics: food, drinks, games, animals, and much, much more.

While in the carnival, there will be two one-time quests for players to complete, one of which will involve introducing the player to the festival, and the other solving an escape room. Additionally, there will be several repeatable quests, all centered around the concept of carnival games! Completing any quest rewards the player with event tokens, which can be exchanged for limited-time collectables.

Though I can’t give too much away on the topic of rewards, along with the usual banners, scarves, and spells, there will be several carnival games with special rewards! There is also another special item, the Butterbrew Trophy, which is unique because although you can purchase this collectable, there’s a much more exciting way to earn this memento.

“What is that?” you may wonder. Well, this event features two competitions: one focused on brewing and the other themed around a petting zoo! The former is where players can earn a Butterbrew Trophy, and though I can’t give away all the gameplay details, I will inform you that teamwork is an essential skill for victory. As for the petting zoo competition, all I can say is that House Points are on the line, so be sure to try your best!

Of course, an event would be incomplete without a fantastic setting, and I’m pleased to say that the build team has not disappointed. The atmosphere is cozy, with signs of the celebrations taking place all over the town this event takes place. There’s so much to explore and have fun with, and I can’t wait for you all to see it!

From our brief glimpse into what’s to come, I hope that you, the reader, are excited about the upcoming event! I would like to thank the teams involved in the event for their fantastic work and encourage readers to invite their friends to participate or befriend some new ones, for there are plenty of opportunities in this event to have fun with other players.

That’s all from me, so I’ll see you next issue: the Butterbrew Special Edition that will be released alongside the event. Until next time!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Minigames and Minimaps
Editorial
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by Compost__King

Hello, lovely readers! As you may have seen, we’ve had plenty of exciting content coming from all our teams recently. Though, most of all, we can always count on the Build team to release something themselves! This past month, they have put a new plan into action. Every quarter – that is, every three months – minigame maps will be rotating to add variety to our games. From new maps to revamped maps to even returning maps, there’ll be something to look forward to! Let’s check out the ones they’ve added in July, shall we?

Melting Floor is a simple game where the floor, well, melts below you. You have multiple levels to survive and the goal is to be the last one standing. Two returning maps were introduced: Common Rooms and Underwater.

Common Rooms allows you to visit all of the Houses with each level. As you reach your impending doom, you’ll fall through the floor of the Great Hall.

Underwater is a tricky one, because how can the floor melt underwater? With a little work of magic, you’ll go into the depth of the ocean. You start in a coral reef and slowly sink to the sea floor. Peaceful jellyfish are your audience as you jump for your life!

A classic game of Hide and Seek turns anyone into an intense competitor. On Potterworld, you disguise yourself as a block to stay out of sight from seekers. Now, you can find the best hiding spots with these new and updated maps!

Boardwalk is a returning map that takes you to a beachside resort. Hide among the sand or make your way into one of the adorable shops that sit upon the coastline. Don’t get distracted by the fun souvenirs – you don’t want to get caught!

The Burrow is a new map that takes place at the Dwelling. During your quick trip, you’ll find that the abode is as homely as ever. With the mess that’s always left behind by the Weaselby family, it’s perfect for Hide and Seek. With so many places to hide, it’s difficult to find the best one!

Flying is an easy broom race and it’s the perfect minigame to train for flying competitions or classes. With one new map and one returning, there’s room for new challenges!

Zip through the Dark Prison to escape dementares in the new map Dark Prison Escape! You start at the top floor and whizz around to avoid the tight security that kept you locked up there in the first place. Get to the finish line to safely escape, but be quick! The boat to Greenshore Harbour leaves soon!

Coastline is a returning map that has you spin around a lively beach. Halfway through, you duck under the sea and make your way into an underwater cave. Make sure to watch out as you soar through the lighthouse!

Soulshard Wars is a competitive game that takes place in the skies. You and your team must protect your soulshards and be the last ones standing. In this rotation, only one new map was added.

Jungle looks exactly as its name suggests. Several overgrown islands float between the clouds. Each one contains an ancient ruined building, hinting at a deeper story. What kind of battles will you fight?

Battle your friends in 1v1 Arena! This minigame is perfect for practice for upcoming duelling classes and duelling challenges and tournaments. The maps for this rotation are plentiful and mainly contain revamped maps.

The maps Great Hall, Mysterious Manor, Passages of Revelation, and Quabbleball Pitch make their way back to the server! These four arenas have been revamped for this July release. You can battle in the Hall of Prophecies and the Malfins’ garden, or even an esteemed game field.

Relive the Winter Waltz from this past year at Castelmagia! Gold and purple adorn the duelling classroom with grand statues standing at each end. Make your school proud and show Brazil what Hogsworth students got!

Griffin’s Hollow is a returning map. Travel to the middle of England to a closed-off street of the legendary town. Be careful though! Nonmagicals cannot see any magic! Finish your opponent off swiftly in order to stay hidden.

Quabbleball is a classic game that every magical student knows about. Take to the field and battle other schoolmates to score and catch the golden snidges! The Build team added a new map for this quarter.

Quabbleball World Cup is a giant stadium, bringing you right into the World Cup from earlier this year. Put on your nice boots and flying gloves as you relive the epic battle between Bulgaria and Denmark!

Minigames just got a lot more fun! Thank you to the Build team for giving us these wonderful maps. I hope to see you in a future minigame! Have a magical day!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Reputations are Here!
Editorial
Written by x_Ivy
Edited by Compost__King

Hello lovely readers and welcome back to the Editorial column of the Daily Diviner! Today we will be discussing some new in-game content, called Reputations, that was released on July 10, 2022. Without further ado, let’s get into the first part of the article!

So what exactly was released in the first phase of Reputations content for Potterworld? The first thing to note is that Reputations is repeatable gameplay content for all towns on Potterworld! Reputation is a system that allows you to increase your ‘reputation’ with towns across the map by completing simple tasks. In the first phase some noticeable towns that have this repeatable content are London, Griffins Hollow and Tristmoor. Many more towns are to be added to the list in the near future!

So we’re all wondering what exactly Reputations is, and I will gladly share that with you! Each town will have six residents that need help, thus giving you six quests to complete every 12 hours. The six skills being used are Cooking, D.A.D.A. , Divination, Herbology, Potions and Transfiguration. To complete most of these quests, especially Herbology and D.A.D.A. you will need to gather mob items and plants of a certain level. Now on to our last topic, the rewards that are given from each town!

So what exactly can you expect from these rewards given in each town? Well, every town has at least a basket of town items called “Welcome Care Package” as your first reward. The other rewards are an XP boost to mobs near the area, and even a Legendary Gear Piece. The last reward that can be earned is a housing scenery of the town or a collectible for that town! That’s all for the prizes, let’s end this article!

In the end, Reputations is a whole new gameplay for Potterworld, and players are loving every moment of it. I can not wait until Reputations phase 2 is released. This has been x_Ivy reporting for the Daily Diviner, until next time!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Mell’s Magical Balls
Student Spotlight
Written by ohKeira
Edited by kvmw

Hello readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! Today, we will be focusing on someone who took the Potterworld community by storm with her fabulous magical parties: Woohoo, more commonly known as Mell Krum. Without further ado, let’s see how this project came to be!

As we are all aware, you host unique magical balls! Could you tell us how you came up with that idea? Was there something special that sparked your inspiration?
While I was with my friends in a Discord call, I realized that other than Community Engagements, there weren’t any other events on the server. I asked my friends if there were small housing events that are hosted by players on the server that I was unaware of, to which they replied that it wasn't as common as it was a while before I joined back on the server. I, a girl with big dreams and hopes that enjoys making other people happy, decided to plan an event. My partner and I were building a castle at the time, so we continued to go forward with that and waited to see how it would turn out. I decided it would be a ball that everyone could attend, and all you had to do was wear a fancy outfit, and you were free to attend. I sold some guest lists and VIP tickets, or for people who wanted a small present in the mail afterward for 5 and 10 gold. I never knew it would have kicked off as much as it did. Seeing people continue to ask me if I would do another one, I kept throwing them. I find them fun to do, and I'm glad other people see them as fun as well.

That sounds super unique! Do you think it was hard to execute and put your plan into action? How did you manage to build hype and grab students’ attention?
It wasn't too difficult since most of my back-then friends helped me figure out how to have everything run smoothly. I advertised in Trade chat about the time, place, and when tickets would be available for the balls. Most of the time, my friends would add-on to those messages saying it would be worth it, making people PM me in-game and asking what it was and what it would be. Right now, I still send the message in the trade chat. I also tell people I know have been attending them for a while in a discord server that I'm hosting another so they can sign-up if they like.

The idea sounds super creative, so I am not surprised it grabbed on so quickly! If you have any questions about this server or the parties in general, feel free to contact Mell#9638 on discord. Once you got all the planning done, where did you decide to host them? Did any place call out to you?
The idea for these balls came along while my friends and I were deciding what to build on the second floor of a castle at my housing; one of my friends pointed out it could be a ballroom, so we made it one. This idea helped to spark the idea to do the balls as an event in the first place since we joked we could get matching princess skins and throw fancy parties like in the Netflix show Bridgerton.

I love how you were able to take real-world inspiration and put it into something on Potterworld! What happens at these balls? Does something that makes it stand out from other balls or Community Engagement events?
Most of the time, we would all hop into the Discord call. There is a text channel where people can send song suggestions that I or any other Krum member will add to the bot, which would play music. It started with just a dance party where people could roleplay with other people, though now we do minigames from time to time for small prizes like collectibles or a free ticket for the guest list or VIP ticket for the next ball. We also ensure everyone is having fun by opening and closing the ball in the house chat so that people not in the voice channel still are included. We have a small bar-type area with a bartender to hand out drinks and snacks inside and on one of the two balconies. We also have a small VIP area above the bar-type area and a dance floor with enough tables to hang out. People are also allowed to explore the castle if they wish.​

I’ll have to attend one of these someday! ! If someone else wants to start a project on Potterworld, whether it be similar or different, do you have any advice?
A few people already asked me for advice, to which I just tell them to do it if they have fun with it or if it would look or sound like it would be fun. I also told them that if they needed any help, I would always be available to help or attend anything if they wanted me to.

With that, our interview comes to an end! I would like to thank Mell so much for her time, and I hope that you’ll go to check out one of these balls for yourself, I know I will. Be sure to keep an eye out in the Potterworld Trade Channel or at /housing woohoo. This is Keira, signing off!

A note from the Producers:
Going forward, our Student Spotlight column will no longer be by nomination! Instead, if you wish to be featured you must fill out the form below yourself for that chance.

Do you want to be featured in a future Student Spotlight article? Fill out our form here for a chance to be our next Student Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Which Ice Cream Flavor Are You?
Lifestyle
Written by Silquer
Edited by snotflower

Hello dear readers, and welcome back to the Lifestyle column! With the summer temperature at its peak in many parts of the world, lots of people turn to cold treats to keep their minds off of the oppressive heat. Ice cream is one of the best options when it comes to cool desserts, and you might be wondering: which ice cream flavor best matches your personality? We will be answering that question in this quiz! Let’s get started.

It’s summer vacation. The sun is out, and the breeze is warm; where do you spend the day?
A: At the park with a picnic blanket
B: On the docks
C: On the porch
D: Inside, out of the heat
E: At the beach

The best summer weather is:
A: A cool day with a strong breeze
B: A humid day that’s comfortable to sit outside in
C: A cloudy day, without a lot of sun
D: A warm, rainy day with cozy thunderstorms
E: A hot day, perfect for spending a day at the beach

Which of these is your favorite location?
A: Gnollberg Port
B: Longbay Landing
C: Greenshore Harbour
D: Squalus Cove
E: Seaside Cottage

When it’s hot out and you need to cool down, you:
A: Lie down and do nothing
B: Drink lots of water
C: Sit in the shade of a tree
D: Stand in front of a fan
E: Accept the heat and suffer through it

Choose your favorite type of flavor!
A: Creamy
B: Rich
C: Salty
D: Bitter
E: Sweet

What did you think? Here are the results:

If you answered mostly A, you are vanilla ice cream! You enjoy the basic simplicities of life but are always open to a sweet surprise as well. Change isn’t your thing!

If you answered mostly B, you are chocolate! Like vanilla, you can find pleasure in the simplest aspects of life but with a bit of variety and extra spice added in.

If you answered mostly C, you are cookies & cream! You are the quirkiest of the bunch and like to do things your own way. Trying new and creative things, despite the opinions of others, is what you do best!

If you answered mostly D, you are mint chocolate chip or chocolate chip! You are the most practical and thrive best by listening to your head and staying out of the heat.

Lastly, if you answered mostly E, you are strawberry! You are sweet, full of vitality, and perfectly willing to squander away your summer at the beach. You also have an eye for beauty, and any lovely scenery is where you are happiest.

Are you happy with your results? I hope so! If you think your ice cream flavor wasn’t on here, feel free to choose for yourself which one represents you best! Experiment with different flavors to see which one best fits you. In the meantime, be sure to stay out of the heat, and have a great rest of the summer!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Town Tours: Griffin's Hollow
Miscellaneous
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by Compost__King

Hello lovely readers! I hope you have enjoyed touring the towns thus far. My personal favourite has been Hogsend. You can always find a glass of Butterbrew that will bring back fond childhood memories. This past week, this Daily Diviner writer visited Griffin’s Hollow all the way from Diagonal Lane! The journey itself was unlike any other town. While using the Fire Dust network, I was apperated into a house that looked as if a tree fell on it and vegetation had grown over it for nearly 20 years. It's quite the creepy entrance for any wizard. However, knowing that the Porter family died here made it the sight simultaneously depressing and dreary. While it made my entrance into the town quite interesting, I will say that the town’s rich history makes up for it.

For all of you readers that attended Hogsworth, Griffin’s Hollow is the birthplace of Garroway Griffin, one of the founders of the wizarding school. Ignatius Pendrell, the youngest brother from the tale of the three brothers, lived in Griffins Hollow with his Cloak of Concealment. Alfric Drumeldore himself and his family took refuge here after his father was arrested and imprisoned. Even the murder of the Porter family took place here! Fun fact: there is an enchanted obelisk near the town centre that was charmed to look like the Porter family, but only to magicals. Some of the wizarding world’s most renowned people have once lived here. You feel as though you walk amongst legends as you move around the street, and yet, the town itself looks to be the most mundane, boring town you’ve ever seen. Could it be that some of the most magical things often appear to be the most ordinary?

The people that live here are the most kind, warm, and jovial people you will ever meet, especially to new people. The townsfolk riddle you with stories of their festivals, tales of myths and legends past, and exploits of people who have come and gone. It gave me a different perspective on the Porter house. I revisited the house before I left, and I noticed something that I didn’t notice when I first came to Griffins Hollow. Yes, the house may be overgrown and in ruins. However, there are messages, hidden by magic, of encouragement for Henry. There are messages to continue forward, even in the darkest of times; messages of gratitude for defeating the dark lord and giving the wizarding world hope; even messages of how his and his family’s story has inspired and brought families closer together.

For those of you looking for work, some of the locals have taken out advertisements looking for assistance! Bethany Bernauer has taken out an advertisement for a personal investigator. Her sister died recently and she wants to confirm that there were no sinister motives behind her death. The local priest has also taken out an advertisement. The ghost that lives underneath the graveyard next door has been causing more havoc than usual. He is hiring an assistant to help him rein in the ghost while he focuses more on his priestly duties. While you are traveling, be wary of emberskins and bowleafs! The bowleafs are guardians of the trees, whereas emberskins live in the burning town nearby. Rumor has it, Bethany Bernauer’s sister died from the venomous bite of an emberskin.

If you love the wizarding legends of history or in general love things that give off Halloween vibes, this town is a must-see! I would give this town a 8 out of 10 rating. The townspeople are so lovely and the history of the place is rich and thrilling. Some of the greatest wizarding legends have once lived here. However, it is also notably dangerous. The emberskins certainly keep the townsfolk on their toes. Keep an eye out for our next edition! We will be visiting another town. Remember to never judge a town by its cover! This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.

Status