DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 70

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Student Spotlight

Lifestyle

Miscellaneous

The Spooks Are Upon Us!
Feature
Written by chail3y
Edited by Calliequeen

Welcome back to the Feature column of the Daily Diviner! Today I am bringing you some spook-tacular news regarding an upcoming event. Halloween is beloved to many, and Potterworld Halloween events have a history of being frightful AND fabulous. This year will be no different. I am delighted to give you some of the enchanting details.

Over the past few weeks there have been several spine-chilling rumors floating about the halls of Hogsworth. Game Designers have been suddenly disappearing, and a few have reappeared with very strange experiences. Most of them won’t speak about anything other than “Another World”. All we know as of now is that this event may not be your ordinary event, however there will be main and side quests as well as plenty of scary collectables!

I got the opportunity to speak to TeknoPsycho about the event, and this is what he had to say.

We have heard that GD members have been going missing recently and the few that have reappeared have been talking about "another world". Could we get a statement on what this may mean?
Those Game Designer members aren’t lying, this event is truly ‘Out-of-this-world’ and you can truly get lost very easily if you don’t be careful. A lot of them have come back from this other reality scared and frightened, most of them paranoid about what lurks around them, even in the safest of times. The other night, I heard one of them gasp for air in the middle of the night begging to keep their eyes, not sure what that means… but after coming back from this so-called ‘Other World’, most of them have never been the same…
Are you able to give us a clue about the theme of the event?
Imagine a place that at first glance feels so bland and boring, yet at the turn of a hinge turns into a place of your dreams - anything and everything you’ve ever wanted or wished for seems to be coming true! What you don’t realise though, this place is playing you like an animation on loop, a space so wicked and cruel with means to make sure you stay forever in their domain…
Is there word yet on Kevin's Halloween costume this year?
Kevin is very secretive when it comes to their outfits, they travel around the magical universe looking for mysteries and surprises so they’re constantly busy. Although now that you mention it, Kevin did send me a postcard the other day and they seemed to be enjoying themselves in their fabulous bright raincoat and boots!
Are there any other ghoulish delights about the event that you can share with our readers?
There will be plenty of opportunities at this year's Halloween event to experience a true fright! We have quests that can freak you to the core, activities that baffle your noggin in the creepiest ways, and rewards that enhance one’s halloween delight - so be sure to look out for those neat pieces of content, make sure to also look behind you…
Do you have any additional comments to share with us today?
We’re trying to make this event as spooky as we can and we encourage all attendees to dress up in my most horrifying outfits and costumes!

The event is going to be one you shouldn’t miss, so keep your eyes peeled for this release! We also have some breaking Daily Diviner news! We have just gotten word that a popular horror celebrity is coming to our very own London this October! Kevin wont share much, but I promise you're all in for a treat.

I want to give a huge thanks to TeknoPsycho for taking his time to share all of this with us today! I hope that this article could give everyone a little more insight into what is coming with the upcoming SCREAMTASTIC Halloween on Potterworld. Thank you for reading and be sure to look out for this upcoming release. This was chail3y reporting for the Daily Diviner, and I hope you enjoy the rest of this issue!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Arena’s Scintillating Season 3
Editorial
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by kvmw

Hello lovely readers! Welcome back to the Editorial column. This year, the arena community has kept its competitive spirit, raring to go as we dive into the final leg of Potterworld's third season of the Arena! In Season 1, we had oPitfed_, Invisibilia, and cczz as our season champions, and in Season 2, _Navyy, Enzologies, and egg_AV took the crown. Who will triumph this season? Only time will tell! But first, let's look back at the different challenges and players that have dominated Season 3.

There have been many nail-biting tournaments this season, with the competition being more ferocious than ever! During July, August, and September, there have been numerous tournament winners for both flying and dueling. Victors have been varied between tournaments, with tillquila being the only competitor with multiple tournament wins this season. To those out there looking to improve their skills, she says, “The best way to improve is to practice! Whether it's attending challenges and tournaments, or just dueling others in the dueling halls, both are great ways to get better!”

The challenges this season are being tracked a bit differently than in past seasons. Previously, you would have to go to the Dueling Halls to check your arena score where the top 8 people would be posted. Now, it is being tracked by a spreadsheet that lists each individual that has earned a score. To earn points towards your arena score, you would need to score in the top 4 of a challenge. First place earns 4 points, second place earns 3 points, third place earns 2 points, and fourth place earns 1 point towards their arena score. By being able to see each individual’s score on just one spreadsheet, you can see just how many points you need to claim the ranks and become the next Arena Season MVP. This season, the competition is high as players are only a few points away from claiming the top spot for each category: Overall, Dueling, and Flying. Those who are in the top spot now may not be there next week, so stay tuned as people continue to fight to be the top dog!

This season, the Arena team released three new maps that were pirate themed: Squalus Cove Flying Course, Pan’s Flight Flying Course, and Submerged Dueling Arena. In the Submerged Dueling Arena, you fight amongst sunken ships, seaweed, and giant boulders, whereas the flying courses feature pirate ships and famous landmarks like London’s Big Ben or Squalus Cove’s harbour.

I cannot wait to see what the Arena team brings us next. I heard there may be a revamp of the Dueling Halls coming soon. Stay tuned to hear more about our winners from Season 3! As always, have a wonderful day. This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.
aG8Yies.png

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

The Butterbrew Carnival
Editorial
Written by x_Ivy
Edited by Compost__King

Hello lovely readers and welcome back to the Editorial section of the Daily Diviner! Today we will be discussing the Butterbrew Carnival, which mixed both the butterbrew and summer carnival events together. To go to the event, players spoke to Kevin outside the Great Hall and were taken to the butterbrew build in Hogsend. Our article will go over the event in detail, the quests, along with butterbrew champions, plus the petting zoo, and lastly the rewards that are available during the event. Let’s go into the event itself.

The Butterbrew Carnival added extra builds to this year compared to last year's build. The changes that were brought to this year's event were the petting zoo and the carnival game stands. Another wonderful thing that was added was the Brewing Battles, and the winner was the Bloomsbury Batch! One aspect of the event that I enjoyed was the carnival games. Each day you will get six game tokens from Carnival Kevin, which can be used to play any game you want. My favorite game was the fossil hunting game! For this activity you get sent to a cave where you run around for about a minute, finding as many fossils as you can, then take them back and get them refined to reveal a piece to some plushies. Once you have each plushie piece you can collect that plushie. The petting zoo is a house point competition, where you purchase feed from Natalie using any event tokens you had and feed a creature to earn points towards your house.

The rewards of the event are always my favorite to see so I can decide what I want to purchase first. Along with purchasing rewards, each carnival game has its own five collectables. One set of collectables from a game booth is panda heads that are really cute! The exclusive rewards that can be purchased are available to new players who haven’t done the butterbrew event before.

To conclude this article, I want to say how much fun the Butterbrew Carnival is. To mix two events together is really great. I’d like to thank everyone for reading and enjoying this piece of the Daily Diviner. What was your favorite part of the Butterbrew Carnival? This has been x_Ivy reporting for the Daily Diviner.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Reputation King tqrpiar
Student Spotlight
Written by Silquer
Edited by snotflower

Hello dear readers, and welcome back to the Student Spotlight column! Reputation has been released on Potterworld for over a month now, and over that time, players have spent a lot of time raising their level and Reputation score. However, there is none more passionate about the Reputation leaderboard than tqrpiar, or Arne, a staff member on the server and our Student Spotlight this issue!

What initially drew you to Potterworld? And what keeps you coming back? Why?
I originally joined the server because I was server hopping with friends and well, now I'm here! and I keep coming back well.. because my friends are here and I'm a Lead! It's honestly a little place to call home and I have a lot of valuable friends and things to do here, so I just keep coming back because I adore it :)

Do you have any goals for yourself on Potterworld? If so, what are they?
Stick around and help out as much as I can! I feel a bit silly filling this in as a Leadership member :p
Besides that, once Batch 2 of reputations comes out, get those rewards! I'd generally just like to stick around as much as I can and help out to my best ability as a staff member. I'd love to make more permanent Academics tech that can be used and enjoyed by future ""generations"" of Staff!

What is something you're known for on Potterworld? Or what is something you're proud of having accomplished on the server?
I think at the moment, my #1 spot on the Reputations Leaderboard! I'm the first person to have officially finished Reputations and having obtained Tier 5 in all towns! I'm more than definitely showing off the lovely cosmetics I got from it because it was a month of both dying and doing the run twice a day. I'm not aiming to remain on the leaderboard because that's a bit too energy-draining, but I'm most definitely happy to have stayed on the first spot for so long and being first with all cosmetics.
Here's an array of screenshots of my progress/final scores! https://imgur.com/a/29xuHHN
What does a normal day for you on Potterworld look like?
Log on, do my daily voting, do my staff work that I need to do when online and chit chat around! I don't have any content to play, so usually chat around. Except when events happen!
When reputations was happening, I'd do my morning reputation run first which took about 40 minutes. I'd log off for a bit afterwards to do things IRL and would log on later on in the day. I'd just kinda do the same as usual, chit chat, tech work, host a class, etc. and then my reputations would reset and I'd do yet another run!

Do you have a favorite activity to do on Potterworld? What is it? Why is it your favorite?
Events! I think they're just super engaging and super enjoyable to do. Standing behind it from a Leadership position a lot of work and time goes into events and I find it so enjoyable to officially go and check them out with the rest of the playerbase. I'm not in a testing position though we sometimes run over tech with the GD Leads, so I still have that surprise element of the entire event when it happens. I honestly think they're just one of the best things we have and I really enjoy themed stuff- so yeah!

What is your favorite location on the map? Why is it your favorite?
Appleby Village, it's simply just one of the cutest towns we have in the map and I'd love to see more happening around it! It used to be Rushstone, but Reputations made me go insane seeing the same towns over and over... so Appleby Village is my saviour!

If you could recommend one thing about Potterworld that you think everyone else should try at least once, what is it and why should they try it?
Hmm, I'd honestly just suggest people to run through quests in general, but I'd suggest participating in the Winter Waltz event when you can! Winter Waltz is honestly one of the most impressive and definitely the biggest event we have on the server, so it always just hits so differently. Especially with Christmas and New Years being near, it just feels so jolly and fun to do. Everyone wearing skins to fit the theme, they're just the best.
Second to that, unfortunately not possible anymore, was the Hunt and RP events! They're super puzzly and enjoyable, so I feel like they were another type of content to enjoy which was super cool to see :)

Do you have anything else to add?
Honestly, again I feel a bit silly filling this in as Leadership, but I'm pretty proud of my placement in Reputations! That's what the main thing of this honestly is for me! Lotta people tell me to stop flexing but it did take a solid month to just finish this and I'm kinda glad it's over! <3

A huge thank you to Arne for sharing his time with Reputation! It’s amazing to see the accomplishments of the players on the server. If you’d like to share something you're proud of or are working towards something spotlight worthy, please fill out the form below for a chance to be featured in one of our next issues. Enjoy the rest of your day!
KYSMbFl.png
Do you want to be featured in a future Student Spotlight article? Fill out our form here for a chance to be our next Student Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Back to School Shopping in Diagonal Lane
Lifestyle
Written by MintyEagle
Edited by snotflower

Greetings, magicians, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! With fall rolling in, it’s time to head back into the classroom. This means, of course, all students need school supplies. Although we all have a bunch of pencils and half-filled notebooks laying around, what about other goods that we can’t find at home? Well, thanks to the shopkeepers at Diagonal Lane, it’s now easier than ever to get everything you need. From shoes to magic wands, supplies can be bought as cheap and convenient as possible. These are some of the shops you can buy your supplies from!

Everyone knows how hard it is to be a first-year student. Thankfully, there are plenty of stores that can help you on your Hogsworth journey. Arguably, the most helpful is Jollivander’s, the best place to buy a wand in the United Kingdom. The shop is run by Mr. Jollivander, and he lets you test your new wand inside (thank goodness that he knows a couple of cleaning spells). On your trip, you can also go to Madam Mym’s Robe Shop. Once you go in, she’ll measure you quickly and give you your student robes, which you can then trade to get robes of your house colors.

Now, you have your wand and your robes. However, you still need books! At the Boundless Books bookshop, you can buy all kinds of helpful books, like a quest journal or a list of recipes. You can also buy a Rememberball, a magical orb that will help you remember your tasks, and a bookbag to store all of your readings. Potions is one of the most common classes, so you’ll need a nice cauldron that doesn’t break easily. The best place to find one is at Quirky Cauldrons, where you can buy a cauldron small enough to fit inside your house.

After that, if you would like to take a short walk into Carket Market, you’ll soon run into the Carket Market Owlery. There, you can purchase your own owl, or you can borrow one of their owls to send a piece of mail. It’s a win-win for everyone! At this point, you probably have a lot of stuff in your pockets. It would be an absolute nightmare to have to carry these things around. Luckily, Stowe & Parkers Magical Bags is around to save us with their large stock of Beaded Handbags, a mysterious pouch that lets you put almost anything you want for you to retrieve later.

As you can see, there are plenty of amazing stores for Hogsworth students of all ages to visit. You’re able to get wands, robes, books, and so much more from the small businesses on Diagonal Lane. Plus, they’re able to give you the items and services you need in a very short amount of time. The best part is that all of them are easy to get to: just one hop on the Knight Shuttle and off you go! Thank you once more for tuning into the Daily Diviner, and we hope to see you again soon!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Which Daily Diviner Member Are You?
Lifestyle
Written by Silquer
Edited by kvmw

Hello readers, and welcome back to the Lifestyle column of the Daily Diviner! Like a well-oiled machine, the Daily Diviner chugs on throughout the year, posting new issues bi-weekly. But have you ever wondered what the Daily Diviner team is like? You’ve come to the right place! To shed light on the personalities of the team, let’s take a quiz to determine which member of the Daily Diviner team you are!

You find yourself running in a horror movie. What do you do?
A: Trip over your own feet
B: Run faster
C: Look for a place to hide
D: Trash talk the monster chasing you
E: Outscare the monster

In a single word, what would people describe you as?
A: Busy
B: Sarcastic (in a funny way!)
C: Quiet
D: Confident
E: Chaotic

A deadline is coming up! You…
A: Listen to the sound of the deadline passing you by
B: Get the work done
C: Lightly Procrastinate
D: Wait until the last second
E: Rush to finish your many projects

What is your favorite activity on Potterworld?
A: Exploring new places
B: Quests
C: Minigames
D: Events
E: Hanging around the Great Hall

The best place to write or edit is…
A: In a cafe
B: Anywhere, as long as you have headphones
C: The library
D: At the kitchen table
E: With friends

What is the best crewmember on a ship?
A: The captain
B: The cabin boy
C: The barrelman
D: The first mate
E: The cook

Your favorite cosmetic pet in Potterworld is the…
A: Pet Rubber Duckie
B: Pet Otter
C: Pet Jade Dragon
D: Pet Balloons
E: Pet Star

Here are the results:

If you chose mostly A, you are MamaDuckie or Creme_de_Creme! You are hard-working and swamped with work, but always willing to lend a hand.

If you chose mostly B, you are kvmw or MintyEagle! Although on the shy side, your jokes and wit are always appreciated.

If you chose mostly C, you are Silquer (me) or snotflower! You are quiet and sweet with a deep dedication to your work.

If you chose mostly D, you are x_Ivy or Compost__King! You are confident in your identity, and any kindness you receive is returned tenfold.

Finally, if you chose mostly E, you are SnowyKitty or Calliequeen! You are friend-oriented and fun-loving, with a penchant for chaos.

With our quiz concluded, I hope you have a better understanding of the Daily Diviner team and what personalities go into making our team run! Please say hello if you see any of us around; we’d be happy to chat. Have a great rest of your day!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Town Tours: Greenshore Harbour
Miscellaneous
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by kvmw

Hello lovely readers and welcome back to our town tours! We have visited so many towns together, and I hope you have enjoyed reading about them as SnowyKitty and I have enjoyed visiting them. Thus far, we have visited Hogsend, London, Suthedge, Griffin’s Hollow, Ireland, and Haggleton. Each of these towns has had its own unique curiosities. Greenshore Harbour’s most prominent curiosity is not necessarily the town itself, but rather the creatures that have started to infest the island: dragons. To get there, I travelled by boat, arriving at the most populated part of the island.

The town has many quaint houses and shops. However, the most notable and the most dangerous part of the island is the abandoned Dragon Testing Facility. Founded by Lazarus Crowley as a part of one of the ministry’s magical creature research programs, the lab soon took a darker direction. Crowley wanted to use the facility to test various creatures for their aptness in being used as weapons of war. No one knows the results of such experiments as the facility is not only dangerous to travel to but also closely guards its secrets.

The island also is a hub for biologists and researchers as half the island is covered in dense forests, rich with life. The other half of the island is dedicated to the main town and the outlying farmland. Unfortunately, the dragon testing facility has caused a lot of chaos for local farmers as the dragons being tested broke out of the facility. They now roam wild and burn down the outlying houses, barns, and crops. This makes it especially hard for the island to produce its own sources of food, relying more on imported goods from other towns. One of the townspeople, Fenrir Draconov, used to own a business that supplied and supported local farmers. However, since the dragon breakout, many fled the scene, causing Draconov to lose most of his customers and leaving his business in shambles. In fact, many farmers have either moved back to the mainland and away from Greenshore Island or have moved back into the city and taken up different jobs. Only a small fraction of farmers dare to continue to grow crops with the dragons loose.

The dragon facility has been causing so much havoc to the townspeople that we at the Daily Diviner are asking for assistance on behalf of these people. Please find out what is going on at the facility. There are rumours of secret journals, laboratory results, and investigative secret clues hidden around the facility. If you are brave enough to look and find out what is going on there, please visit Greenshore Harbour!

Make sure to keep on your guard as the island is riddled with wandering dragons. Personally, I would give this town a 5 out of 10 rating. This town used to be so full of life, where the local farmers would harvest freely and travellers would wander about the island and explore the hidden ruins. Now, with the testing facility and the recent dragon breakout, people are too frightened to wander far from home and any non-magical visitors need to be escorted by a witch or wizard. It seems like a heavy burden to live here, knowing that you constantly have to be prepared for a dragon attack.

Thank you, dear reader, for listening as we journeyed through each town. I hope you have a magical day! This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.
qPZulp3.png

Status