DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 71

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Student Spotlight

Lifestyle

PW-tober Tidings
Feature
Written by Silquer
Edited by snotflower

Hello my lovely readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner for a brand new issue! October is here, and for Potterworld, this means the Halloween event, spooky housing decorations, and our very own PW-tober. Potterworld-tober, or PW-tober, is the WizNetworker-run art challenge that lasts the entire month of October. Here’s what you need to know to join in on the challenge!

First of all, what is PW-tober? This art challenge is inspired by the famous Inktober, an art challenge that consists of thirty-one prompts for every day of October. Prompts are usually Halloween-themed, and PW-tober includes some Potterworld-specific prompts as well! All artists are welcome to create for the prompts. Each one is specifically designed to be ambiguous and open-ended. Digital art, traditional art, writing, animation, renders, and more are all valid forms of artistic expression in PW-tober!

You may be wondering, what did last year’s PW-tober look like? To start, there was a special channel made in the official Potterworld Art Discord for all artists to post their work. Some of these prompts included “Butterbrew”, “Dark Follower”, “Sweater”, and “Skeleton”. In fact, all of last year’s submissions can currently be found in the archived channel in the Art Discord. Simply scroll to the bottom of the text channels and you will find the archive. Take a look at past submissions to get a taste of what PW-tober is all about!

Now that you know all about PW-tober, you might be asking how to participate. Simply check out the announcement made recently by the WizNetworkers! The only thing you will need for each prompt is your creativity and the courage to share it. Be sure to join the official Art Discord to see October’s prompts and take a look at other people’s work too! The best part of PW-tober is being able to share your work while also recognizing and learning from the talent of others.

I hope you all have learned something new about PW-tober! I hope all artists (and non-artists too!) will consider taking up the prompts this October. I, for one, am excited for an art-filled month to improve and share my work. Have a wonderful October!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Flora & Fauna Store Releases and Bizbo Bags Review
Editorial
Written by MintyEagle
Edited by Calliequeen

Hello once again, readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! Thanks to the Store Team, the Flora & Fauna Store Releases have come out for the players to purchase. As well as this release, you might've also seen a new shopkeeper pop up on the server. His store is called Bizbo Bags, and he sells all kinds of magical cases to store items when your inventory’s full. Although you can judge them for yourself, here is my opinion on these new items.

Let's dive into the Flora & Fauna Store Releases first! This whimsical release will make you swoon for the adorable Frog Hat and the boisterous Pet Baby Elephant. Both of these are adorable and will satisfy your need for animal-themed items. If you love plants and want to show off your flamboyancy, the Nature Death Effects are definitely for you! The Faun Hat and the Ringmaster Staff both look striking, as well. This store release is full of fun goodies for everyone!

Now, let's move on to Bizbo Bags. It was a great idea, but I don’t think it held up as well as it could have. It would be nice to be able to put them in chests. Although, I do love that you can now combine them into one backpack to make it easier to carry. I suggest that the book bag is added to Bizbo Bags as well.

In conclusion, although they could be improved, I feel like they are both great bargains. Check them out whenever you get the chance, and don't forget to thank the Store Team for keeping us on our toes and coming up with exciting items to add to the server. Thank you to everyone who worked to make this possible and to you for reading the Daily Diviner!
7J0Ik3m.png

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Future Lore Keeper LorekeeperLathos
Student Spotlight
Written by MintyEagle
Edited by snotflower

Welcome, readers, to another edition of the Daily Diviner’s Student Spotlight! This week, we have someone with an incredible work ethic who is very determined to make it onto the Lore Team: LorekeeperLathos!

What initially drew you to Potterworld? And what keeps you coming back? Why?
It had to have been me just being absolutely obsessed with anything related to the Harry Potter series some years back. That's around when I found the server but I didn't play much and eventually that HP itch came back. So I decided to visit again recently and restart with all the new stuff! Besides the great quests and classes, it's really the awesome community that has me wanting to stay. It's not too often that I find a server with such welcoming people, even less often that I feel comfortable enough to interact with them.

Do you have any goals for yourself on Potterworld? If so, what are they?
I HAVE ONE GOAL AND ONE GOAL ALONE. TO JOIN LORE TEAM AND APPEAR AS (Lore Keeper) LorekeeperLathos IN GAME! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-

Ahem, what I mean is that I wanna try for Lore Team! I know it's strange for someone who's just joined but I've been falling in love with the creative decisions on the server and want to add to it myself whatever way I can. Unfortunately so far the hardest part of that has been rushing towards level 65, but I'm almost there! There are other things I'd love to do though, interacting with the community more, joining roleplay events, trying to teach classes, and possibly applying to be a writer on the Daily Diviner (Wink wink nudge nudge). They're all pretty lofty goals for me that will take a while, but I'm looking forward to every moment working up to them!

What is something you're known for on Potterworld? Or what is something you're proud of having accomplished on the server?
Being so new I'm not exactly known for much of anything I'd imagine. The closest to something like that, has got to be people commenting on my IGN. Being LorekeeperLathos has gotten small attention from people supporting my goal of double Lorekeeperness or just yelling L O R E at me, which I always appreciate.

Accomplishments are in a similar box, haven't really been on long enough to do anything too grand. For me, at least, the greatest thing I've done has been my O+ works. I know plenty have gotten many O+ assignments and greater amounts of house points but having already wracked up 4 from the few classes I've been to has been giving me a lot of pride and confidence in my writing!

What does a normal day for you on Potterworld look like?
It's nothing too special! I just start by logging in the earliest chance I get, in order to start on or continue any quests I have. Usually there's some leveling or other grinding mixed into that part of the day. From there I tend to wander around and just do some exploration in areas I like, typically Hogsworth and Diagonal Lane. It's around this time that I also try to join in minigames, I'm not very good at any but it's always fun! Classes are usually the highlight of the day, I try to join any that come up but tend to shy away from Flying or Dueling cause I'm just not very good at them...

Do you have a favorite activity to do on Potterworld? What is it? Why is it your favorite?
It definitely has to be joining classes and doing the creative assignments. I always have a great time in classes regardless of if they have a creative option or not, but I love being able to take a prompt and use the notes from the lesson to make something new. Even if I'm not taking up the option, I always find classes with notes to be the most fun for me. It just fulfills my love of learning!

What is your favorite location on the map? Why is it your favorite?
It's been a real tossup between Hogsworth Castle and Diagonal Lane, both have amazing memories and horrible ones, 3+ hours spent going in circles in Diagonal Lane will do that. Despite this I absolutely love Diagonal Lane, first off the amazing recreation of various shops and landmarks left me in complete awe when I first saw them. The color in the area is just so vibrant and fun to run around in, it's quests, although tedious due to my inability to follow instructions, give it a sense of movement and life, while recent quests have shown me more and more of the stories and lore of it's various shops and subareas. This has completely made me fall in love with the place and now I go there just to look at named shops and imagine what these places would be like while investigating places I've done quests in.

If you could recommend one thing about Potterworld that you think everyone else should try at least once, what is it and why should they try it?
It's not something you can try, but I gotta start this off by saying again that if you're looking for a great community with welcoming and friendly people this is the place for you. Now, I think everyone should just take a stroll in there favorite area and explore the nooks, crannies, and npcs! Even areas and people you don't interact with while questing. The little or hidden details you can find make the already amazingly crafted world feel that much fuller and more incredible.

Do you have anything else to add?
Thanks to the people behind the scenes and on the server that make all of this possible! This first week on the server has been just the best experience I've ever had on a minecraft server and it's all thanks to you all, so thank ya again! <3

oh also

MOM DAD LOOK IM ON THE NEWWWWWS (maybe-)

Thank you once more to LorekeeperLathos, and good luck on your mission to become Lore Keeper! We are all very proud of the accomplishments everyone has been achieving on the server. If you have done or are working towards something extraordinary, fill out the Student Spotlight form below to have the spotlight on you in a future article. Thank you once again for tuning into the Daily Diviner’s Student Spotlight, and we hope you have a great rest of your day!

Tn3pw6z.png

Do you want to be featured in a future Student Spotlight article? Fill out our form here for a chance to be our next Student Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Tips and Tricks for Decorating Your House for Halloween
Lifestyle
Written by MintyEagle
Edited by snotflower

Hello once again, readers, to the Daily Diviner! As many of you know, Halloween is one of the better (if not the best) holidays of the year. It’s the perfect occasion to decorate your house, but what if you don’t know where to begin? Well, we’ve grabbed some of our favorite crafts to make your home extra spooky!

One of the more simple DIY decorations is a fake spiderweb. The only things you need are string or yarn, tape, and a pair of scissors. First, you want to cut the string into pieces of all different sizes, but they should be around the length of your forearm. Then, you can tape them together (or tie them if you’re that good. I would suggest square knots as they’re very strong) into the shape of a cobweb. Finally, tape it wherever you want!

It’s not a true haunted house unless you have ghosts! In order to make a spooky friend, you need a large sheet or a piece of fabric of any color and pattern, markers, and scissors if you’d like. To start, in the middle of the fabric, you need to draw two circles for the ghost’s eyes and one larger circle for the mouth. If you want to, you can cut the circles out with the scissors. Just like that, you’ve got yourself a ghost best friend!

Halloween is a wonderful time to celebrate the dead, which is a great cause to make your own fake graves! All you need is a large rock and paint. Then, you can simply paint words on the stone. Although you can paint the traditional name and dates, you can add whatever you want to the grave.

Last, but not least, are magical potions! You’ll need some kind of clear container, water, and food coloring. First, put water into the container. Afterwards, add a bit of food coloring into the liquid so it turns into a spooky color. If you would like, you can experiment with adding other things like glitter and cotton balls as well. Finally, you should put a top on the container and put a label on it. Just like that, you have yourself a spooky potion!

That’s all we have for decoration tips, folks! When you get the chance, you should try these out. If you did make them, what was your favorite one? What other crafts do you suggest? Thank you for reading the Daily Diviner and we’ll see you soon!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Budget Recipes for Students
Lifestyle
Written by Silquer
Edited by Compost__King

Hello dear readers, and welcome to the second Lifestyle article of this issue! If you’re a student, or have just recently graduated from Hogsworth (or some other school), you may find yourself with a smaller budget than usual. It can be especially difficult to find meals that fit your tightening wallet. To remedy this, here are my three favorite budget recipes for post-grad Hogsworth and non-magical college students!

Let’s start with a breakfast meal of scrambled egg toast topper! For this recipe, you will need: 4 eggs, 2-3 tablespoons low fat milk, salt and pepper, and 2 slices of whole wheat bread. To start making your eggs, prepare a medium-sized frying pan and place it over low heat. Crack the eggs in a separate bowl and add the milk, salt, and pepper to the mixture. Whisk the ingredients with a fork, then pour the eggs into the prepared pan and stir slowly.

When the eggs start to look scrambled to your taste, plate them on top of the toast slices and enjoy your protein-filled breakfast!

This second recipe is popular among all students: vegetarian ramen! For this simple ramen, you will need: an 80g pack of instant noodles, 1 or 2 finely chopped scallions, ½ head pak choi, and 1 egg. To cook this yummy alternative for instant ramen, simply boil the packaged noodles as you would normally and add your desired amount of flavor packet.While your noodles are cooking, simmer the egg for 6 minutes. Once it’s cooked, run it under water and peel the shell.

Put that aside for a moment, because in the final minute of cooking, you will add the chopped scallions and pak choi. Pour the noodles and vegetables into a bowl, then chop the egg in half and place on top. Make sure to get the timing right! You can also add chili sauce for extra spice. Eat your tasty fill of this quick and easy ramen!

The final recipe is a tried and true recipe for a delicious chocolate microwave mug cake! For the mug cake, you will need: 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, ¼ tablespoon baking powder, 3 tablespoons whole milk, 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, and 3 tablespoons of semi-sweet chocolate chips. You can add a splash of vanilla extract if you have it! This may seem like a lot of ingredients for a budget cake, but trust me: once you have these ingredients, you won’t run out anytime soon.

Making the cake is simple. In a 12 ounce microwave-safe mug, add the dry ingredients and mix them together in the mug. Then, add the milk and vegetable oil, as well as vanilla extract. Mix in some chocolate chips and microwave for 90 seconds. Let the cake cool for a few minutes, and congratulations! Your comfort-cake is complete. Try not to splurge too much on this quick, delectable treat!

Which recipe sounded the most delicious? The mug cake is my personal favorite, as it has helped me through many late-night and stressed study sessions. I highly recommend you try these recipes out, even if you’re not a student (or have plenty of money to spend on ingredients). Sometimes, the simplest recipes are the most delicious. Enjoy your thrifty cooking!

Status