DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 72

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Student Spotlight

Lifestyle

An Eerie Store Release
Feature
Written by Silquer
Edited by Calliequeen

The midst of October is upon us, and alongside the spooky activities of the season, the Store team has released new items to players. The Eerie Store Releases that just recently revealed alongside the Halloween event is full of spooky cosmetics perfect for the season. Let’s take a look at some of them!

The items in this store release are themed after the Halloween event, called the Other World. As you may expect, the items are rather spooky; it is the “eerie” store release, after all!

The first assembly of items is the Button Eyes hat and the Tinted Button Eyes Collection with three different colors. Between these two, there are four button eye options. The Button Eyes hat is a single pair of spooky black buttons. In the Tinted Button Eyes Collection, you have your pick of red, green, or blue buttons to match whichever Halloween costume you’re wearing. They even appear to be stitched on, so they’re perfect for creeping out your friends and looking stylish while doing it!

The next item on our spooky list is The Dragonfly Staff. This darkwood wand is a gorgeous staff with a dragonfly perched atop the branch. This staff is perfect when entering a haunted house, as the dragonfly will stay on the wand with you as you navigate a spook-filled adventure.

The third group of items is the Enchanter’s Broom and Enchanter’s Hat. Take to the skies and feel like a true witch in the Enchanter’s Broom, a curved wooden broom with a cat seated just behind you. The Enchanter’s Hat is similarly-themed, with a cat laying on your head. Both of these cosmetics are ideal for cat lovers, and you can enjoy living out your Halloween dreams with these cats by your side.

The final collection is the Pet Bat Collection. These pet bats are adorably-sized and will follow you on your travels with their tiny wings. Channel your Halloween spirit with these bats beside you! There are two different bats in the collection. It’s up to you to decide which is your favorite between them!

What are your thoughts about these new items? Which was your favorite? Whichever it was, it’s clear that the Store team and all of those who worked on these items put a lot of effort into them. Be sure to check the items out on the store page here! Have a spooky rest of your month!
1665946797857.png

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

The Beginning, Again
Editorial
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by Calliequeen

If you’ve been anywhere on the server in the past month, you’ve most likely heard about the new First Year Experience. It was released on August 16, and I got the chance to play through it about two weeks ago. After hearing about it in the first-ever Droobletalk, I’ve been waiting for a chance to see it all. Unsurprisingly, I adored absolutely everything about it, and this is the perfect time to tell you everything about it!

Keeping it straightforward, the First Year Experience is a new first-year experience. Instead of progressing through the year normally, year one is now a tutorial. Beforehand, it was a struggle to learn how to navigate the server with no prior instructions. New players are now introduced to the gameplay through a questline and graduate to year two after they have everything down.

Playing the First Year Experience without being a new player is quite easy! First, all you have to do is head over to your House commons. From there, you’ll find a bulletin board adorned with white sparkles. You’ll receive a class schedule, and from there, you can teleport to the beginning quest, First Year Struggles.

When you start First Year Struggles, just like in the original version of the quests, you’ll find yourself as a first-year student. You’ll be introduced to Jeremiah, a familiar face to most of us. It turns out, after looking over your class schedules together, you two share every class! As you progress through your first year at Hogsworth, you’ll be introduced to common spells and ideas on the server and get to know what Potterworld’s all about!

Luckily for me, I’m already an expert on everything about Potterworld. Instead of learning how to use Leviomora, I was able to sit back and enjoy the questline (though a refresher is always nice).

The thing everyone can notice, new or old, is how insanely cool the cutscenes are. So far, we’ve mainly just had cutscenes for introductions to events. It was such a pleasant surprise to see so many as I went through each quest. I really hope we can expect to see more cutscenes in the future – they add so much to the storytelling!

Wands at the Ready was a joy to me, but maybe for the wrong reasons. In this quest, you attend Dueling class. After practising on a dummy, the professor invites you to battle another student… who turns out to be Jeremiah. I have to admit, I may have enjoyed beating him a little too much. In my defence, I tried to be fair and only use Vermillio, like he was doing. Yet… Jeremiah took one hit of my Vermillio and instantly passed out. It was awfully amusing. I suppose that there’s a reason graduates and first years don’t duel, huh?

The quest Garden of Magic was a different story. I was hesitant at first – monsters and Herbology had me in the infirmary one too many times – but I quickly fell into delight. The activities required to do in order to tend to the plants satisfied my love for Herbology. I was especially excited to flood the greenhouses to collect gurgle weed and wrinklefig.

And my goodness, when I got to Magically Delicious… Don’t get me wrong, I love Magical Cuisine, but the magical creatures! I loved befriending the griffin, even if it was a stubborn beast in letting me ride it. I didn’t know my heart could fit both it and the dragon, either. I still regret taking some of its scales, but I can’t help wanting to do it again if only to pet it once more. My heart now has a hole without the two of them. I can only pray until we get a magical creatures quest similar to it.

The last quest that really stood out to me was Prideful Potions. Using the brewed potions throughout the quest was so cool. I wish we could make potions like that outside of class, too. My favourite part was the plot, which kept me on my toes. I still cannot believe that the Potions Class quest preceded this; if only we know what we were missing out on.

All in all, it was a fun throwback returning to my first year after over five years, and I wouldn’t pick a better way to do it. I encourage you all to play the First Year Experience, even if you’re an expert like myself. The gameplay is phenomenal, and I cannot wait to see more like it in the future. Of course, I must thank the Game Design team, who never fails to impress. I hope you all have a magical day!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Server-Dedicated ChilliNessa
Student Spotlight
Written by MintyEagle
Edited by snotflower

Welcome back to the Daily Diviner’s Student Spotlight! This column is about extraordinary players and the things they achieve. Today, the spotlight is on ChilliNessa, a long-standing student and Honeybadger!

What initially drew you to Potterworld? And what keeps you coming back? Why?
What drew me to Potterworld was mainly because it was a Harry Potter dedicated server. When I first started playing, I wasn't really as social as I am now so I roleplayed almost every time I logged on. It was also a lot easier to level up and I think that's what kept me. I keep on coming back because each time I do, it feels like a whole new community. I have a feeling I won't be staying off long-term anytime soon.

Do you have any goals for yourself on Potterworld? If so, what are they?
Finish the guardian challenge, graduate, and make more friends!

What is something you're known for on Potterworld? Or what is something you're proud of having accomplished on the server?
I think I am a little bit known for being in the Nox Family, but besides that, I'll offer to make free name designs in global chat! So far, everyone has loved them.

What does a normal day for you on Potterworld look like?
Login, collect my daily reward and vote, do a quest or 2, wait for some of my friends to get on, and sometimes go to a class if there is one going on while I'm online!

Do you have a favorite activity to do on Potterworld? What is it? Why is it your favorite?
My favorite activity would be doing the parkour minigames along with the Library maze. I enjoy the parkours because it challenges me. For the Library maze, I've had it memorized for the last 5 years.

What is your favorite location on the map? Why is it your favorite?
Probably Kings Cross! I love how detailed it is. Also how you can just walk outside and see the Night Shuttle to take you anywhere in London you need!

If you could recommend one thing about Potterworld that you think everyone else should try at least once, what is it and why should they try it?
I would tell them it is Harry Potter related along with the community seems super nice, welcoming, and helpful!

Do you have anything else to add?
Thank you everyone who is a staff of Potterworld for making this server a great place to be<3!

Congratulations and thank you to ChilliNessa! When you see them on the server, give them a big hello. This community is filled with many amazing people, each achieving something new every day! If you have done or are working toward something spotlight-worthy, fill out the Student Spotlight form below and you may be featured in a future article. Thank you for reading the Daily Diviner, and have a magical day!
3aYDRE8.png

Do you want to be featured in a future Student Spotlight article? Fill out our form here for a chance to be our next Student Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Writing 101
Lifestyle
Written by autumnngrace
Edited by snotflower

Hello beautiful witches and wizards! Today I’ve got some advice that will hopefully help you with your writing. If you’re interested in writing, I recommend taking a peek at the Daily Diviner Writer applications! I’ll give a bit more information on that later on. For now, let’s take a look at some tips and tricks for three different types of writing!

First and foremost, we’ll be discussing a few tips to help you write your schoolwork! The first thing that comes to mind is to try avoid rambling. This could cause your professor to mark your grade down. Filler information is one thing, rambling is another! An example of rambling would be going on and on about one specific thing in a topic rather than moving on to the next point. Adding on to this, try not to talk about the same thing for multiple paragraphs in a row. Keep one topic to one paragraph, and the next topic to another!

You should also utilize grammar to the best of your ability! The professor may not give you a good grade if you don’t capitalize your letters or use punctuation. The last tip I have for school work is to keep in mind that large, fancy words aren’t always your best option as they can confuse both your reader and yourself.

Now for some tricks to ensure your sanity while you write Original Works! One of the most important things is to give yourself a lenient prompt. This is so that you’re not following a strict guide throughout your story and keeping room for creativity. Loosely plan out your storyline so that you have a good idea of how you want your story but still have room to add things or take them out as necessary. My last tip for you on original works is that if you’re confused, so is the reader! Make sure your writing is clear and easy to understand.

The last type of writing I’m going to be helping you with is Lifestyle! For example, this is a Lifestyle article. My first and most important tip is to try your best to not make your article look like a list. An example of this would be listing off a bunch of different things that relate to the topic but not going into any detail.

Be sure you don’t make your Lifestyle article seem too unrealistic! Lifestyle articles are about different things in life, so making them seem cartoonish just wouldn’t fit right. Also, remember that you're writing for a variety of readers. Make sure to use words that they are sure to understand. Lastly, be sure you’re not being too monotone! I’d suggest being descriptive and using exclamation points where they’re needed.

I hope you found these tips helpful! Once again, if you’re interested in writing you should check out the Daily Diviner Writer applications. If you do choose to apply, you’ll be asked to write an example article to show us your skills. Thank you for reading this issue’s Lifestyle article, and we hope to have you back at our next publication!

Status