DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 74

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Student Spotlight

Lifestyle

PW-Tober Raffle Conclusion
Feature
Written by MintyEagle
Edited by Calliequeen

Greetings, readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! Every October, the WizNetworker team hosts PW-Tober, where players have the chance to win amazing prizes! This October, players got to submit their art to the Art Discord server, following a daily prompt. At the end of the month, everyone that participated is put into a raffle to get the chance to win a Ghost Pet or the Devil’s Pitchfork!

With all of that said, congratulations to Enzologies for winning the raffle! Throughout October, they did pixel art with lemons being their main theme. Each day, they drew the fruit and added a few things on top to make it look spectacular! Check out their prompts down below!

Although we can only have a single winner, everybody did an amazing job! Thankfully, we have a couple of honorable mentions lined up, all of them being fantastic in their special way.

Hopecute23 was also fully committed to their drawings and builds, even adding their own lore to each piece! Check out one of their filled-to-the-brim-with-effort submissions.

Player skyvbean submitted beautiful renders and builds, all with fantastic lighting! Their renders were so aesthetically pleasing!

Finally, mn614 drew every submission carefully by hand and labeled it with graceful handwriting! Another masterful art piece that was submitted!

Although we couldn’t include everyone in the article, we would like to thank everyone for participating! If it weren’t for the artists in the community, we never would’ve been able to host this. Once again, congratulations and thanks to Enzologies! Thank you for reading the Daily Diviner, and have a magical day!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Extending a Wand
Editorial
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by Calliequeen

A new quarter means a new Arena Season! The 2022 Season 4 release turned out impressively expansive– so much so that it has been named the Arena Expansion Update. There have been a lot of significant changes throughout the Arena Team, and the Daily Diviner is the perfect place to digest them!

The Duelling Halls experienced the majority of this update. The Arena Team revamped the build and added a new Arena– but this is only the start. NPCs were added, which sounds minor, but has been a request by the community for a few years now. Players can now check out the Tournament NPCs for the recent tournament winners and the Season Winner NPCs, which show the previous season’s winners.

“Rooms galore!” is a straightforward description of the Duelling Halls expansion. You'll find two main rooms when you spawn in the main build. To the left is the Arena Token Shop, and to the right is the Arena Museum. The Arena Museum holds information on classic games along with seasonal ones. There’s plenty of information about Challenges, Tournaments, and the Arena Team!

This update expanded the Duelling Halls’ Arena selections as well! Besides bringing in new Dueling Arenas, the Arena Team upgraded the Room of Training from its measly Room of Requirement layout. It now holds three sections: a practice Arena, a dummy testing area, and the Target Practice Room. All three are perfect for developing your spell set, learning the ropes of PvP, and working on your aim!

The team reworked a handful of maps used in challenges and tournaments. The Arena Team focused on implementing community feedback as they went through current maps. They’ve brought changes to 6 Duelling Arenas and 2 Flying Courses. Make sure to check out the forum post for more information!

Even players who aren’t a part of the Arena community will know about this change: Arena has renamed their staff roles. Now you’ll find Arena Squires, Arena Masters, and Arena Grandmasters. Previous Arena Masters have become Arena Grandmasters, while Arena Squires who were out of the trial phase have become Arena Masters. While this system has always existed, these roles allow players to better differentiate between the Arena Team members.

Included were a few miscellaneous updates as well. The Arena Discord was updated to include a #notices channel, a #discussion channel for community feedback, and a feedback form for more direct opinions. The Arena Protocol will soon be posted to the forums for public access, allowing for transparency about criteria for essential decisions during challenges and tournaments, along with a detailed rules list. The last note was that the Arena Token Shop had all prices lowered. We can also expect new items for the shop within a few days!

Updates are exciting, and it’s clear the Arena Team has put in the work this season. As a tight-knit team, they are the reason that challenges and tournaments are so fun. So why not join? Even if you’re not the best duellist or flyer around, creativity is essential for being an Arena member! It’s the perfect way to break out of your shell and discover an exciting community filled with competitive players. All you have to do is be at least 14 years old and level 61, so what are you waiting for?

The Arena Expansion Update has been nothing but spectacular. While I’m not personally a big Arena fan, these updates have tempted me to join a challenge or two. Thank you so much to the Arena Team for creating excellent content, and I’ll see you all in the next issue!
arenaeditorial.png

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Hide-and-Seek-lover Smallhailey44
Student Spotlight
Written by whoohoo
Edited by Calliequeen

Hello readers and welcome back to today's article in the Student Spotlight! Taking the spotlight for this issue, we'll be interviewing Smallhailey44! Smallhailey44 is an amazing Honeybadger, who's been a player since December 2020.

What initially drew you to Potterworld? And what keeps you coming back? Why?
Honestly, I don't know what first brought me to the server but ever since I started playing, its been hard to stop. Especially because of all the friends that I have made on the server and just the community of the server itself.
Do you have any goals for yourself on Potterworld? If so, what are they?
I want to eventually become a part of the staff and help others on the server like so many people have for me.
What is something you're known for on Potterworld? Or what is something you're proud of having accomplished on the server?
I'm not sure if I am really known on the server, I have started talking more in the chat and people might know me from that.
What does a normal day for you on Potterworld look like?
I would get on and start by voting and doing my riddle, then I might play some hide and seek before finding something to do. I also will help people if they need me to.
Do you have a favorite activity to do on Potterworld? What is it? Why is it your favorite?
My favorite activity has to be hide and seek, we tend to have a lot of fun conversations in the chat and it's just a fun time.
What is your favorite location on the map? Why is it your favorite?
My favorite location is the Seaside Cottage because it's right on the water and has a ton of sand around it plus it's secluded which I like.
If you could recommend one thing about Potterworld that you think everyone else should try at least once, what is it and why should they try it?
I would recommend that they try and get involved because the community is great and being involved is so much fun and amazing, especially because you can make some friends along the way.
Thank you all for reading today’s article. If you see Smallhailey44 in-game, be sure to say hello to them! Keep in mind that if you want your own Student Spotlight, you can fill out the form anytime. I hope to see you next time!

Do you want to be featured in a future Student Spotlight article? Fill out our form here for a chance to be our next Student Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Word Scramble Fun
Lifestyle
Written by autumnngrace
Edited by snotflower

Hello to all of you beautiful readers! For this Lifestyle article, I’m bringing you a Potterworld themed word scramble. It’s up to you to try and figure out what the words are! You may be asking, how would this even work? How will I know what the unscrambled words are? The answers will be hidden at the bottom of the article so that you can unscramble them in peace.

Now let’s get into it, shall we? I’m going to put the scrambled words here. If you get stuck, you can always check the solutions at the bottom, but hopefully you won’t have to do that. Happy unscrambling!
  1. Teprnse
  2. Refi sdut
  3. Radk Ofrets
  4. Huredtnlfhsa
  5. Docuarln
  6. Lcuraokor
  7. Elbuabqallb
  8. Yswtseeonhe
  9. Ritnwe wazlt
  10. Nmuahrsipo
Once you think you’ve figured it out, you can look below this message and unhide the answers.

1. Serpent
2. Fire dust
3. Dark forest
4. Thunderflash
5. Cauldron
6. Aurorlock
7. Quabbleball
8. Honeysweets
9. Winter Waltz
10. Animorphus

Well, how many did you get right? It doesn’t matter whether you only got one right or all of them as you did great regardless! I hope you had tons of fun unscrambling these words. It sure was fun to think of them. Thank you for reading this Lifestyle article, and we hope to see you next edition. Ciao!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Recipes to Gobble Up with Turkey!
Lifestyle
Written by Silquer
Edited by snotflower

Hello dear readers, and welcome to the second Lifestyle article of the column! Thanksgiving is just around the corner for Americans, and turkeys are already flying off of the shelves and into freezers to prepare for the big day. However, you may be wondering what to do with all of that turkey. Look no further, as the recipes compiled here are perfect side dishes for a traditional turkey dinner! Even if you are unfamiliar with Thanksgiving, stick around for some delicious recipes to spice up an old turkey dinner.

Let’s start with a classic: creamy mashed potatoes. For this recipe, you will need 5lbs of russet potatoes, ¾ cup of butter, 1 package of cream cheese, ½ cup of half-and-half milk, 1⁄2 teaspoon of salt, and 1⁄2 teaspoon of black pepper.

To start, peel and cut the potatoes. Bring a large pot to a boil over a stovetop and put the potatoes in for 30-35 minutes or until they are tender and mushy. Then, drain the potatoes in a strainer and put them in a dry pot. Mash the potatoes over low heat using a masher and turn off the stove when they are completely squished. Add the butter, cream cheese, and milk, then continue mashing until the mixture is combined and fluffy. For the final touches, sprinkle on salt and pepper. Enjoy this creamy dish for large tables of friends and family alike!

The second recipe is a classic in my family: roasted butternut squash! For this recipe, you will need 1 large butternut squash, 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil, 1 ½ tablespoons of maple syrup, a bit of salt, ¾ teaspoon of cinnamon, and ½ teaspoon of black pepper.

First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then cut the squash into small cubes. Once cut, put the cubes into a bowl and drizzle them with the olive oil and maple syrup. Sprinkle in the salt, pepper, and cinnamon and spread the cubes onto a baking sheet. Bake the cubes in the oven for 15 minutes. Take them out, adjust them, and put them in for another 10-15 minutes. I hope you enjoy this delicious take on classic baked squash!

The final recipe is my personal favorite: mini pumpkin pies! There are two parts to this recipe: crust and filling. For the crust, you will need 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, 3 tablespoons of cold shortening, 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ cup water. For the pumpkin filling, you will need 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg, a pinch of salt, ½ cup and 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree, 2 tablespoons of milk, 2 large eggs, and freshly whipped cream.

To make these pies, combine the butter, shortening, flour, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Blend the ingredients together with a spatula. Once the ingredients are combined, sprinkle the water on top. Then make the dough into a ball, press it into a disc, and chill it in the fridge for 20 minutes. While that’s cooling, it’s time to start work on the filling. Firstly, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Take out the dough from the fridge, roll it out into a circle, and use a round cookie cutter to cut out as many pie crusts as you would like. Fit each dough circle into a cup of the muffin pan. Make sure to grease the pan or use wrappers to make sure they don’t stick! Divide the filling into each of the pie crusts. When the oven has finished preheating, bake for 10 minutes, turn the heat down to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and bake for another 10 minutes. These pies are perfect for sharing after a hearty meal!

That concludes the recipes for this issue. What did you think? Will you make any of these at home to accompany a turkey dinner? I hope so! With these new dishes added to your Fall-cooking repertoire, I wish you all a great rest of the autumn season.

Status