DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Student Spotlight

Lifestyle

Appreciation of Winter Waltz Past
Feature
Written by Silquer
Edited by snotflower

Hello readers, and welcome to the seventy-fifth issue of the Daily Diviner! We are nearing the start of winter, and for Potterworld, this means that the beloved Winter Waltz is just around the corner as well. To celebrate the start of the winter holidays, let’s take a look into a few of the past Winter Waltz events in preparation for the upcoming Winter Waltz event this year!

One of the older and more iconic Winter Waltz events was hosted in the magical school of Dormunstrad. This icy castle is found in the far northern reaches of Europe, where freezing temperatures and snow are abundant, especially around this time of year. This made the castle of Dorumnstrad the perfect location for the Winter Waltz event in 2019.

The build for this event featured the stone castle in all of its glory as players explored and helped the headmaster unfreeze the castle by forging bluefyre, a magical fire that could be crafted from items around the castle. The halls of the castle were decorated with garlands and trees, a cozy sight for all. Just beside the castle was a massive river, frozen over from the cold temperatures. A boat was even stranded on the ice! Although the main quest was to unfreeze the castle, there were many puzzles scattered about the build. Most notable was an Escape Room that required players to help students escape from frozen classrooms. This made for quite a memorable event!

This event also had many unique collectables. The Bluefyre Wand Appearance, the many returning hats, and the Scarf of Perseverance were just some of the many rewards from this event. Another one of my favorites was the portable Snowman Bag. I’m sure some players are still selling these old items if you’re ever curious to see what they looked like!

Only two years ago in 2020, the Winter Waltz event was hosted in Mahounoshiro, a gorgeous castle set in the heights of Japan. Located on an island, the harsh cold and glorious sights made this school an obvious choice for a Winter Waltz. The building was decorated in classic wintery garlands and other ornaments, and players were given free rein to explore the unique classrooms and campus. One of the highlights of this build was the main courtyard, filled with cherry blossom trees and many side quests.

These quests ranged from helping out people of the school, from gathering items stolen items from the castle’s tree by the grinch predictise to building snowmen in the side courtyards. There were many side quests as well, scattered all across the build. This made it thoroughly enjoyable to explore the wide build created for the event.

Finally, some new collectables in that event included the pink fan wand, scarves, and banners. The wand is a personal favorite cosmetic of mine, one which I still use on occasion two years later. Another highlight of the collectables were the many Choco Hop cards available during the event. There were many different cards to collect, making the event worth playing even after completing the main quests.

The final and most recent Winter Waltz took place in Castelomagia, one of the most ambitious Winter Waltz builds to date. Castelomagia was a massive golden pyramid in the midst of a wild forest and home to countless students. It was based heavily on the Incan Empire. This build was massive and beautiful, featuring a wide campus and a large school inside and underneath the pyramid.

The main quest involved being sorted into one of four houses, and many of the side quests involved exploring and helping students around the school. One of the most creative quests was based around searching for disappearing Conuckos, as well as helping and caring for a bird of your very own. This was a fascinating and fun concept. Like the previous Winter Waltz in Mahounoshiro, there were many Choco Hop cards to collect as well!

Speaking of collectables, there were many to collect at this event. There were four different bracelets given out depending on your Castelomagia house. The highlight of the rewards were the special Conucko Wands, which were a wonderful reward for our hard work. One of the most unique collectables was a pendant of the Sun God Inti, which can be carried around as a memento of the Castelomagia Winter Waltz event.

Which Winter Waltz of the past was your favorite? Mine, personally, will always be Mahounoshiro, as I can remember long hours spent completing that event to the fullest. Even if you haven’t experienced any of those events, no need to worry! The next Winter Waltz is only weeks away, and there is no better time to start making memories than the present. I encourage all players to keep an eye out for news on this event’s release date, and have a magical winter season!
I1KTuts.png

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

A Drifting Melody
Editorial
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by Silquer

It’s time to go over our favourite time of the month: the recent Store Release! This month, the Store Team released the Music in the Air Store Release. These items are music- and sky-themed, bringing in the holiday spirit and spreading sunshine (and rain). With so many fantastic items, we’ll have to jump into this review right away!

Let’s start off with our musical items! I was surprised to find out how much I adored this part of the release. My heart has been filled with these mellifluous wands and hats!

The melodic spotlight shines on the Treble Clef Wand! And must I say, I’m head over heels for everything I see. This wand comes in two colours: white and black. The cherry on top is the glimmering wand tip, whose colour compliments the wand you choose. We have not seen different options for store releases in a while now, and I forgot that having options make everything so much more special to me! As someone who grew up on treble-clef instructions, I’m glad the Store Team chose it over the bass clef.

The Store Team also released Music Note Wand Effects! If you’re getting the Treble Clef Wand, you must get these effects as well. You can’t waltz around without the complete music set! I do wish they produced a little jingle, but it’s easy enough to make up your own little song.

Rounding up this half of the release, the Headphone hats were the perfect addition. They come in a beautiful variety of red, blue, yellow, and green. My colour-choice needs have officially been met with these hats. Now is the perfect time to match your in-game character with the headphones on your own head. Not to mention they’re super stylish!

The sky-related releases are boisterous! Rain or sun, these cosmetics are a perfect recollection of the weather outside. You’re sure to make a scene with any of these items!

We were gifted with a new pet and guardian this month! Now, the sun can follow you around or protect you from danger! If you’ve completed the Guardian Challenge, an intense set of challenges found in Headmaster Droobledore’s Memory Walker, this sun will be “bright” next to you at all times! All in all, these personal suns are a dazzling addition to the store.

Next, the Cloud Broom is a thing of dreams. Float across the skies on the comfiest broom known to wizardkind. Better yet, while it's always in a downpour, you never will be! It’s not your fault if your least favourite classmate, unfortunately, is under you while you whizz around school, right?

Finally, the Atmospheric Staff is my favourite item in this Store Release. It’s dressed in the perfect stormy weather palette and features a storm cloud at its tip. Even when you’re not fighting enemies, you’ll find it handy. The attached weathervane even seems enchanted to show where the wind blows.

The Music in the Air Store Release wasn’t the only thing the Store Release pushed out this month. A month ago, gift cards made their timely appearance. With the season of giving now rolling in, they couldn’t have planned this more perfectly. They’re perfect for anyone – that friend you know adores the server? A fashionista who needs to pick their style but you don’t know what it exactly is? Even your mother, who keeps asking what you want for the holidays, will appreciate learning about Potterworld gift cards!

The Store Team killed it this past month. I’m determined to get my hands on these whimsical releases as soon as possible. That’s not to mention the upcoming December release and Winter Waltz items. The holidays are indeed the best part of the year. Thank you to the Store Team and Artworkers for creating terrific releases without fail. I hope you all have a magical day, and I’ll see you next time!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Studious Vxmpirisim
Student Spotlight
Written by Silquer
Edited by Calliequeen

Hello dear readers, and welcome to the Student Spotlight column for this issue! There are many different types of players on Potterworld, from hardcore old players to new players that are trying to get their footing. Vxmpirism, a Raven and player for about five months and our student spotlight for this issue, is somewhere in-between these types. Let’s see what their Potterworld experience has been like!

What initially drew you to Potterworld? And what keeps you coming back? Why?
I was originally sent here by a friend, and it quite intrigued me, since I just love Harry Potter or anything similar. I kept coming back because the server actually makes you do things that are fun and related to Harry Potter itself, take the quests for example, or classes. I also just think the server itself was well made: Nice texture pack, well built and everything worked well.

Do you have any goals for yourself on Potterworld? If so, what are they?
One of my goals is receiving an O+ for an assignment in a class, preferably a writing assignment, since I myself am a writer, so I can gain house points for Raven! And ofcourse for my own ego ;)

What is something you're known for on Potterworld? Or what is something you're proud of having accomplished on the server?
I haven't quite accomplished something yet.

What does a normal day for you on Potterworld look like?
I usually start off doing reputation tasks, while doing a chest run for my daily so I can stock up on items. After that I look to see if there is something else to do, like a quest, if not, I usually go do a class or just leave.

Do you have a favorite activity to do on Potterworld? What is it? Why is it your favorite?
I like doing reputations!

What is your favorite location on the map? Why is it your favorite?
Keeping it basic, I really like the Hogsworth castle! I think it's well made and it just looks so cool, and it gives me the perfect harry potter vibe that just makes it fun to run around in.

A big thanks to vxmpirism for sharing their interests on the server! All players, new and old, should follow their example and make the most of the academics and quests on Potterworld. As always, if you would like to be featured in a future issue of the Daily Diviner, please fill out the form below. I hope you have a great time exploring all that Potterworld has to offer!
vxmpirism.png

Do you want to be featured in a future Student Spotlight article? Fill out our form here for a chance to be our next Student Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Fall Arts and Crafts
Lifestyle
Written by MintyEagle
Edited by snotflower

Hello, readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! For many, it’s autumn and will soon be transitioning into winter. As the trees are preparing to go dormant, their leaves are changing into beautiful yellows, oranges, and browns and falling to the ground. Instead of raking them up and putting them in a sad plastic bag, why not turn them into art? We have gathered up some of our favorite crafts to share with you using fall leaves!

In a few countries, Thanksgiving, or some version of it, is a stable part of autumn. One of the most iconic images for the holiday is turkeys! Although they make a great meal, they are also very cute. In order to make your own turkey, you just need a couple pieces of paper, markers, googly eyes, glue, and leaves!

First, you need one of your papers as a background to glue the leaves onto. Try to put them on in a way that the stems of the leaves are toward a central point with the tips sticking out. When you feel like you have enough, you can start making the other parts. Draw and color in a head, body, and beak along with the wattle, the red thing on its chin, on the second paper. Then, you can cut them out and glue accordingly. Finally, put the googly eyes on and you’ve got a turkey!

The cold weather means you have to bundle up, usually in flannel and jeans. Although they look amazing on their own, it’s sometimes nice to spruce it up a bit. Making a necklace out of the autumn leaves is a great option when you have a small budget but want to look cute. Plus, when you’re done with it, it decomposes very quickly!

All you need is a bunch of leaves, string or yarn, and a needle. When it comes to leaves, make sure that they are already pretty sturdy, so that when you stab them, they don’t fall apart. Measure the string so you know that the necklace will fit without choking you. Then, put the string (and needle) through the leaves and tie it off at the end. Put it on, because you now have a new fashion piece!

Soon, it will be the end of fall and the beginning of winter. One benefit of winter, at the very least, is when the major holidays show up! People always have their wreaths up at this time of year, so why not jump on the bandwagon? Luckily, the autumn leaves are still sitting there, waiting to become an art project.

The main part is going to be cardboard, along with the leaves, glue, a sharp object, and whatever else you would like to decorate it with. You need a somewhat small piece of cardboard that has been cut into a circle. If you can, cut the middle out so it’s donut-shaped. Then, like in the first project, glue to leaves on. You should have enough to cover the entire front with nothing poking out. To finish, you can add on anything from bows to pinecones to make it extra spectacular!

That’s all the crafts we have today, folks. If you’ve made any of them, which was your favorite? Are there any you would like to try? Thank you for reading the Daily Diviner, and we hope that you have a magical day!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Housing Decorations for Winter
Lifestyle
Written by whoohoo
Edited by Silquer

Hello readers of the Daily Diviner and welcome to the second Lifestyle article of this issue. We all love the winter weather and seasonal Potterworld events that are coming up once again, and this is why today’s article is about decorating your housing on the server for the winter season!

To start with, snow is a big part of winter, so of course, I have to mention using snow as a decoration for the ultimate winter vibe. As an example: you can put snow on the roof, or add piles of snow around your housing plot. You can also build snowflakes floating in the air, around your house, or even on the ground. Building snowmen around your house is also a great idea! It will make the winter atmosphere stand out. If you want, you can build a whole snowman family too.

In addition to the snow, every housing is able to have a scenery around it that you can use to match with the rest of your build on your housing. You can buy them at the store or even with voting tokens from voting every day. There are some winter-themed ones you could use to match with the winter decorations on your housing. If you aren’t sure which scenery to use for your housing, you can change them at any given moment using your house elf, so you can always test which ones fit your housing more. If you haven’t bought any yet, you can always go to the in-game store to see what they look like in-game so you are sure you are buying the one you want!

Want something you could also use to run around with your friends? I would suggest making an ice skating rink! If you have a body of water in your housing, you could turn it into a frozen pond or lake and ice skate on that with your friends. You can even play tag on it to make it even more fun!

Of course, we also need to make the place a little cozy, and we need something to brighten up the place. For that, I would suggest lights! You can make floating candles, lanterns and more to have your housing look as cozy as ever!

Now of course, there is also a holiday in winter, which is Christmas. If you aren’t sure what to build on your housing in the winter time, you can always decorate it for Christmas by building Christmas-related things, such as Christmas trees, Christmas garnets and more! There are of course also more winter holidays, so you could decorate your housing in their theme too!

Thank you all for reading this article and I hope you liked the ideas! I can’t wait to see what you all do with your housing for this season and I wish you all a great day! See you next time!

Status