DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Student Spotlight

Lifestyle

Potterworld’s End-of-Year Wrap Up
Feature
Written by Silquer
Edited by Calliequeen

Hello magical readers, and welcome to the final Daily Diviner issue of this year! It looks like 2022 has finally come to an end. Potterworld has had an amazing twelve months this year, from magical events to fantastical updates. As the server enters the final stretch of the year and approaches the beginning of a new one, let’s take a final look back on the entirety of 2022 for Potterworld.

One of the most anticipated parts of Potterworld’s yearly routine is the seasonal in-game events. The event rotation starts in early February with the beloved Valentine’s Event. This year, it was held in Ancient Greece where the mythological Greek god and goddesses are running rampant. In this event, players interacted with mythology by helping out Pandora, giving offerings to the temples of the gods, and helping the gods and goddesses in quests. The map and rewards were the most memorable part of this event, and one of the best events in recent Potterworld history.

Just after that was the Fairy Spring Mini-Event. Although smaller than traditional events, exploring the Fairy Grove was still a magical experience, shrinking players down into fairies to explore the meadow and help the fairies. After spring came May, and with May came the May the 4th Event! This event allowed players to venture into a far-away galaxy full of starships and swords made of plasma. Rounding off these early-summer events was Potterworld’s 8th Anniversary Mini-Event, a short-and-sweet event celebrating Potterworld’s long history.

Next came one of the biggest events of the year: the Pride Event. The Pride Event, celebrated during Pride Month in June, ran all month long and celebrated the many identities and sexualities under the LGBTQIA+ umbrella. This event featured pride flags, rainbow-colored quests, and so much more. The Pride Event was the best of what Potterworld has to offer: a strong community of acceptance and a wide array of colorful expressions.

Moving into the colder season, the final events of the year began with the Butterbrew Carnival hosted in Hogsend. This carnival had plenty of animal-themed quests and plushies to collect, as well as a giant petting zoo. Of course, we can’t forget the delicious butterbrew! Just after that was the second most recent event, the Other World Halloween Event. This one tasked players with exploring two very different worlds and completing quests in-between them! As for the Winter Waltz event, well, you’ll just have to explore that one for yourself.

Beyond events, the Potterworld staff team was hard at work updating the server and adding in new features for players. Earlier in the year, one of the most exciting updates involved the minigames on the server. Specifically, a brand new game called Soulshard Wars! This game functioned similarly to a familiar game from a different server, but with a magical twist that makes it completely unique. Another minigame that made a triumphant appearance this year was Quabbleball which, after a long hiatus, made its return to the server better than ever.

One of the largest updates of this year was the release of the long-awaited Reputation update! This update consisted of two phases that brought in brand new content across the server’s towns and villages, giving players of all levels new opportunities to gain new rewards and grow in reputation. This update was certainly one of the highlights of the year.

The Game Design team also worked hard on quests within the server. The Rising Healer Questline, featuring a brand new, spectacular build from the Build team, was among one of the best quests of the year. More recently, the First Year Experience was released, updating first year quests. Check out all of these quests if you’re looking for something fun to do in your free time!

Some smaller server changes involved an update to the Warp Key Bag system and GUI, which were changed to be more user-friendly and interactive. There was also the addition of Bizbo Bags, a new system of storage that can be found in the Great Hall! Finally, among these small changes was the Guardian Update, which featured several new Guardian cosmetics and in-game changes. The recent Choco Hop cards rework is also worthy of note.

Finally, the staff departments of Potterworld have been hard at work this year. The teams underwent many changes in the past (for more details, you can always read past Features from the Daily Diviner), including the disbanding of Potterwatch, the Inquisitors, and the Seer team. However, there were many new openings, and the staff team welcomed many newcomers and talented people into the staff community. We also can’t forget the people who have left, as their contributions are just as important.

Among these teams, there have been many activities throughout the year hosted by different departments. The amazing and talented Store team has been hard at work releasing new store items every month, creating something brand new to enjoy and look forward to every first week of the month. The Academics team has also been hosting Weekly Academics Assignments, allowing the community to engage actively with their academics. Of course, the Arena team has contributed greatly to the community with their dueling and flying competitions, and the Community Engagement Events hosted by the now-disbanded Inquisitors cannot be overlooked either. Finally, the monthly art challenges given out by the Art Discord have been an amazing part of this past year as well.

The final major department updates from this year were the releases of the Scribe team’s official Potterworld wiki, featuring mobs, locations, and other assortments of lore from the Lore team, as well as the beginning of the official Potterworld TikTok account. The TikTok can be found here and the wiki here!

Looking above at the many accomplishments over the course of 2022, it can be no exaggeration to say that this year has been jam-packed with fantastic updates, events, and departmental successes. I hope everyone has had an overall magical year on Potterworld, just as I have. Here’s to another fantastic year!
3jqUPDN.png

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Winter Workshop
Editorial
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by Calliequeen

The Winter Waltz is creeping around the corner, and its spirit is in the air. While the Game Design team is hard at work perfecting the event, they’re not the only ones getting ready! The community is spending all hours of the day making sure everything on our end looks the best. Today, I interviewed some players to discover what steps they’re taking to shine at the Winter Waltz.

Mckenna (xokenna) has been actively playing Potterworld for the past year. Her favourite activities are attending events and role-playing, putting her in the perfect position for the Winter Waltz.

“I've been busy making lots of skins for myself and others for the upcoming event!” she told me. “I've also been updating my housing so that it looks more festive and up to date.”

Creating skins and decorating housings are popular with any event, though the Winter Waltz always takes the cake. When it comes to skins, Mckenna is working on Christmas-related skins as well as outfits for the formal dance. For her housing, she’s planning on putting up a decorated tree and lights around the outside of the house.

When it comes to the event, Mckenna’s looking forward to the trip. “I want to go to a fun location and learn about the local wizarding community there,” she said. “I can't wait to see what the Game Design team has in store!”

M4 (ItzYahBoiM4) is no stranger to the Potterworld scene. You’ll often find him playing on the server in his free time, and though this will only be his second Winter Waltz, he’s super excited.

If you visited Castelomagia, you most likely saw M4 there. While there were various minigames to choose from, he often did the elytra courses. “I used to watch [YouTube] and grind elytra,” M4 said. “I used to grind like 900 tokens every day.” The mere thought of gathering that many Snowflakes in a week makes me tired!

While he’s working hard to finish up the semester at college, M4’s been busy with preparations. “I have my skin ready, and I’m also making skins for my friends,” he said. He plans on working on both holiday skins and waltz skins.

Once he has the time, you’re sure to see him on the grind! M4 is on the lookout for any new mini-games released with the event. If his determination last year told us anything, he’ll also be a beast this time around.

Ivy (x_Ivy) is a frequent skin creator on Potterworld. During the past two years she’s been playing on Potterworld, you’ve most likely seen one of her skins. She’s yet to miss a Winter Waltz event and doesn’t back down from a challenge.

I was surprised when she said, “I am deciding what skin I want to wear this year.” As someone always on top of things, I thought she would already have picked the perfect outfit. If she’s still debating, what hope do we have?

My anxieties were soon quelled. “I have a green holiday dress and a light blue holiday dress to pick from,” Ivy told me. “I might pick the light blue one because it goes with the French hat.” Of course – the only roadblock is choosing between two fantastic outfits.

Regarding the event, Ivy is looking forward to the location and the mini-games included, and I’m right there with her. “I’m hoping to see some new mazes. I’d also love to see a new dropper themed around the schools of the past.”

I was hyped about the event, but these three managed to excite me even more. While I don’t have time to design new skins or decorate my dull housing into something festive, I’m looking forward to seeing everyone else get creative! The Winter Waltz will be here soon, so there’s no time to take a break from preparations. I can’t wait to see you all there! Happy holidays and we’ll see you next year!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Spectacular Student TheRealYTBoy17
Student Spotlight
Written by MintyEagle
Edited by snotflower

Greetings magicians; welcome back to the Daily Diviner and Student Spotlight column! Although we are a tightly-knit community, we are still filled to the brim with amazing people. The Student Spotlight is dedicated to showcasing the great achievements certain players have gained. This edition, the spotlight is on TheRealYTBoy17, a student on a steady path to graduation!

What initially drew you to Potterworld? And what keeps you coming back? Why?
I was server-browsing until this server caught my eye.

What keeps me coming back is 1: the quests and 2: the friendly environment.

Do you have any goals for yourself on Potterworld? If so, what are they?
Graduate in 2022.

What is something you're known for on Potterworld? Or what is something you're proud of having accomplished on the server?
nothing. I'm just an ordinary schoolperson in Hogsworth. :)

What does a normal day for you on Potterworld look like?
Server Voting, Daily EXP, Daily Riddle, and any quest I can start/finish up.

Do you have a favorite activity to do on Potterworld? What is it? Why is it your favorite?
I don't have a particularly favorite activity. I love everything about it. :)

What is your favorite location on the map? Why is it your favorite?
Hogsend. It's my favorite because of all the stuff you can do there (e.g. reputation)

If you could recommend one thing about Potterworld that you think everyone else should try at least once, what is it and why should they try it?
Try and do the Chest Run (you can find them in the Miscellaneous section under Daily Tasks). It's challenging but fun :D

Do you have anything else to add?
PW IS AMAZING!!

Thank you and congratulations to TheRealYTBoy! Potterworld is filled with many great players, and we would love to shine the spotlight on them. If you have done or are working towards something grand, fill in the Student Spotlight form below and we may feature you in a future issue. Until then, thank you for reading the Daily Diviner, and have a fantastical day!
5O8WPGB.png

Do you want to be featured in a future Student Spotlight article? Fill out our form here for a chance to be our next Student Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

What Holiday Cookie Are You?
Lifestyle
Written by autumnngrace
Edited by snotflower

Hello to all of you little cookies! In this Lifestyle article I’m bringing you a delicious quiz on what kind of holiday cookie you are. Well, what are you waiting for? Take the quiz and find out!

Which of these things would you rather do at a sleepover?
A. Read with your friend in comfortable silence in front of the fireplace
B. Watch a scary movie
C. Play games all night (Could be an online game, board game, card game)
D. You could do whatever. You don’t mind

What’s your favorite season?
A. Fall
B. Winter
C. Summer
D. Spring

Where would you rather go on vacation?
A. Paris to see the Eiffel Tower
B. Alaska to see the Northern lights
C. To the beach with your friends
D. To a cozy mountain home

If you could meet any of these celebrities, who would you meet?
A. Ariana Grande
B. Billie Eilish
C. Chris Hemsworth
D. Ryan Reynolds

What is your true Hogsworth house?
A. Raven
B. Serpent
C. Honeybadger
D. Griffin

What is your favorite dog breed?
A. Husky
B. Doberman
C. Golden Retriever
D. Pitbull

And now for the moment you’ve all been waiting for, the results!

If you chose mostly A’s, you’re a Hot Chocolate Cookie! You’re most likely a very kind and cozy person. You’d probably enjoy more chill things and prefer taking it easy over doing something crazy.

If you chose mostly B’s, you’re a Candy Cane Cookie! You’re most likely not super social and all around a pretty cool person. You’d probably rather stay inside alone than go out with friends and would rather eat in than go out to eat.

If you chose mostly C’s, you’re a Snowman Sugar Cookie! You’re most likely pretty social and uplifted. You would probably jump at the chance to go out with friends and all around have a pretty good vibe.

If you chose mostly D’s, you’re a Gingerbread Cookie! You enjoy being social but also value time to yourself, and you are a sweet but spicy kind of person. If you were invited out you’d be a little on the fence. You would probably go sort of hesitantly but end up having a good time.

Thank you so much for reading one of this edition’s Lifestyle articles. I hope you enjoyed it! Share with us what type of cookie you got and if it was accurate or not; we’d love to hear about it. Until next time, cookies!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Magical Ways Against the Cold
Lifestyle
Written by whoohoo
Edited by Silquer

Hello and welcome to the second Lifestyle article of this issue. Since it is getting colder lately, I will be telling you a few ideas you can use to stay warm during the cold weather using magic!

For a wizard or witch, their greatest resource is a warm spell, especially during the wintertime. Because it is very cold most of the time, people are always looking for the best ways to keep themselves and their friends and family warm. Now, this spell isn’t invented yet, but it could be in the future! This spell would warm you up when you are cold. You can invent this spell yourself, or help someone else to invent it so that everyone could use it to make sure they never get cold again! I think one of the best places to use this spell could be at your house, a friend’s house, or even in public when it is really cold or if there is an event going on. You could also always use fire-related spells to warm up the area around you. For example, the Flamonstrum spell is perfect. However, most fire-related spells should be cast with care, as they can wreak havoc and destruction behind when cast.

Fireplaces, who doesn’t love them? You can light them in so many ways with a lighter or just with sticks and leaves like a real scout. Of course, you can use magic to light them too! There are multiple spells for this. For example, you could use Ignis or Incendo. You could use them to light your fireplace, but as before, it should always be done with care, as it can go wrong and turn very dangerous if you aren’t careful.

Now, you can invent something that warms you up, but you can also wear it and look amazing at the same time! You could enchant a hat, cap or any other clothing item that would heat up your body and wear it to guard against the cold. You would only have to put it on to warm yourself up, and when you are warm enough, you can always take it off again! Of course, it would have to be enchanted with care to make sure it doesn’t become too warm, and it would have to be able to figure out the temperature around it to calculate how warm it would have to make your body warm!

I want to thank you all for reading this article as always. I liked the enchanted clothing item the most in my opinion. What did you like the most out of these, and which one would you use the most? I can’t wait to see you when the next one comes out! I hope you have a great day.

Status