DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 83

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Server Spotlight

Lifestyle

Successful Serpents House Cup
Feature
Written by Silquer
Edited by Littledead
Graphic and Render by: Prin_ce

Every quarter of the year, the House Cup is awarded to the Hogsworth House that gained the most House Points in the allotted time. This quarter, the House Cup was awarded to the Serpents, who snuck up on the rest of the houses by taking away the cup in a landslide. To celebrate their success (and plan revenge for the next quarter), let’s take a look at what the House Cup is, how a house wins it, and how to show support for the Serpents!

The House Cup is awarded every quarter, which is made up of three months. The first quarter ran from January to March and wrapped up just a few weeks ago. The cup is granted to the House that has gained the most points during the quarter. These House Points can be gained through classes such as Flying, Dueling, and WizPE. They can also be earned by completing Daily Activities! Gaining House Points is no easy feat, but by working together, it is possible to amass a large number of points. If you are looking to gain House Points to work towards the House Cup, one of the best ways is to gather together a group of your friends and participate in Daily Activities. You’ll rack up points in no time!

Now that you know what the House Cup is, we can take a look at the standings for this quarter. Serpents won with a total of 13,649 points, an impressive number! Closely behind them were Ravens with 11,676, then Honeybadgers with 10,394. Last place was Griffins with 5,415 points. Every house put in a valiant effort no matter the final results. If you want to show your support for the Serpents, you can find the in-game celebration in the Great Hall. Talk to the NPC at the entrance to join in on the celebration.

Once inside the build, you can receive collectables made in honor of the Serpents. I highly encourage you to collect the rewards even if you aren’t in Serpents, as they are custom-made for every quarterly winner. If you’re feeling especially excited about the Serpents winning, touch up your skin with a bit of green or carry your new collectibles around. Be sure to congratulate any of your Serpent friends!

What are your thoughts about the Serpents winning the House Cup? Did you expect it, or was it a complete surprise for you? Either way, I hope you can join me in congratulating the Serpents on a well-deserved win! However, now that the brand new quarter has started, it’s time to start anew and work towards your house winning. Show some house pride and work hard to win the next House Cup in June! Have a happy quarter!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Woof-tastic Store Releases!
Editorial
Written by chail3y
Edited by Calliequeen

Welcome back to the Editorial column of the Daily Diviner! With April in full force and the Spring Event upon us, it’s time that we discuss the paw-some Playful Pups Store Releases. Now, let’s dig in!

Starting with this month's only wearable item, we have a super cute Dog Ears hat! This hat is reminiscent of the Snapchat dog filter and an adorable new hat option. The Dog Ears are also a perfect way to blend in with all the new furry friends that were also released this month.

Dog pets have been long awaited and are finally here! These three new pets for this store release each have an adult and a puppy version! Each dog is very different in appearance - and personality!

The first of these is the Pet Husky! This beautiful dog has a white and black coat, a wolf-like appearance, and a very athletic build. Huskies are very intelligent dogs and are often valued for being friendly and alert. This dog might be the perfect fit for you if you are looking for a very smart dog who is very aware of its surroundings.

The next dog in the line-up today is the Pet German Shepherd. With pointed ears and a sloping back, this tan and black dog is sure to steal your heart. German Shepherds are protective, watchful, and brave. Not only do these confident dogs make wonderful companions, but if you are looking for a protector, then this dog definitely will become your new best friend.

Last, but certainly not least, we have the Pet Golden Retriever! These dogs are very well known for their golden coats and floppy ears. Golden Retrievers are very energetic and confident dogs. They are incredibly friendly and kind, which makes for a great companion. This might be the best choice for you if you want a furry friend who is always excited about everything!

In addition to all the new dog-themed items, there is also a gorgeous new housing scenery! The Cherry Blossom Housing Scenery encaptures all the beautiful florals and sights that we got to see at the Cherry Blossom Festival held at the Mahounoshiro School of Magic. With vibrant pink trees and patches of farmland, this scenery is quite a great addition to the store. Keeping up with the Cherry Blossom theme, there is also a Cherry Blossom Bundle that includes past Cherry Blossom items, and a beautiful pastel pink death effect. The store also currently has a Spring Bundle available with a few of the past spring items!

These new items are all quite fetching, and I hope that everyone finds the Playful Pups Store Releases as exciting as I have! Maybe you have even found a fur-ever friend… This was chail3y reporting for the Daily Diviner, and I hope you enjoy the rest of this issue!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Famous Builder burntbananasplt
Server Spotlight
Written by MintyEagle
Edited by snotflower
Graphic and Render by: Prin_ce and angxlus

Greetings, readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner’s Server Spotlight column. Here, we showcase key parts of the server, whether that be players, events, or Easter eggs. In this edition, we’ll be showcasing proud Sr. Builder and Werewolf burntbananasplt!

What initially drew you to Potterworld? And what keeps you coming back? Why?
I loved the builds I saw on the server and decided that I wanted to be part of the team! I can now no longer leave!
Do you have any goals for yourself on Potterworld? If so, what are they?
I would like to continue getting better at building, but especially finish the cave I want to live in! I like to call it the furry cave because it fits with my wolf persona in rp!
What is something you're known for on Potterworld? Or what is something you're proud of having accomplished on the server?
I think I'm most known for being a Sr. Builder and being active in RP! Go Werewolves AWOOOOOOO!
What does a normal day for you on Potterworld look like?
Log on, think about building, maybe build, log off, repeat.
Do you have a favorite activity to do on Potterworld? What is it? Why is it your favorite?
I love messing around with different things I can build! Sometimes it takes me a long time to think of how to do something, but practicing is good! I love build team!
What is your favorite location on the map? Why is it your favorite?
The Werewolf Shelter in Hogsend because it is where I feel the most at home.
If you could recommend one thing about Potterworld that you think everyone else should try at least once, what is it and why should they try it?
Joining the build team or building a furry cave! Both are worth it.
Do you have anything else to add?
#JoinWerewolvesAWOOOOOO
Thank you and congratulations to burntbananasplt! There are many incredible aspects of this server, all created by the staff and players that it’s inhabited by. If you have done or are working towards something magnificent, fill in the form below, and we may feature you in a future article. Until then, thank you for reading the Daily Diviner and have a magical day!

Do you want to be featured in a future Server Spotlight article? Fill out our form here for a chance to be in our next Server Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Guess the Character!
Lifestyle
Written by whoohoo
Edited by snotflower
Graphic and Render by: CrymsonTM and Prin_ce

Hello everyone, and welcome to one of the Lifestyle articles in today’s issue! Who doesn’t love a quiz every now and then? I know I do! Today I made a quiz about different Potterworld characters and creatures you know and love. It’s your job to figure out who the right one is! Keep track of your guesses, as the answers will be at the bottom. I wish you all a great time, and good luck with today’s quiz!

1. This person wears a classic Hogsworth Serpent uniform, wizard hat, and scarf! They love sending you on little adventures to find different locations every day.
A: Riddle Student
B: Professor Cassidy
C: Tommy Riddle
D: Landon Shaw

2. This person is a ghost from one of the houses at Hogsworth. They are known for accidentally poisoning themselves with their own recipe, causing their death.
A: Carnage Count
B: Chunky Charles
C: Francine Cades
D: Basically Beheaded Benjamin

3. You will know her by her ginger hair, sweet smelling clothes, and ice cream recipes. She owns a shop with her husband in Diagonal Lane.
A: Mrs. Florentine
B: Mrs. Mulpepper
C: Madam Mym
D: Casio Kodak

4. This ghost is usually seen moping around the 4th floor bathroom at Hogsworth. She causes quite a scare when anybody uses the girl’s bathroom!
A: Saddened Sarah
B: Grouchy Greta
C: Crying Cecilia
D: Sobbing Susie

5. This creature is known for slithering around and living in a cave at the edge of Hogsend. Watch out, as it may try to poison you!
A: Bowleaf
B: Emberskins
C: Horned Snake
D: Boomslang

6. This creature is known for being extremely rare, and it’s even more remarkable to have as a pet! One even resides in Droobledore’s office on the 7th floor.
A: Unicorn
B: Phoenix
C: Pyrausta
D: Demoxie

7. This adorable NPC will take you to certain special places. Keep an eye out for his multitude of outfits, which change each time he brings you to a new location!
A: Prefects
B: Hagrid
C: Kevin
D: Droobledore

8. This person owns a toyshop in Hogsend. You meet him during one of your quests!
A: Toymaker Tobias
B: Toymaker Olivia
C: Toymaker Bryan
D: Toymaker Viola

9. This person used to be a student at Hogsworth and later worked in the Hospital Wing until an adventure ripped them away!
A: Madam Lillian
B: Tristan Faltcue
C: Sylvie Wallace
D: Via Oxley

10. This person is known for working at Honeysweets, the candy shop in Hogsend!
A: Caramel Carla
B: Gum Drop
C: Sugar Plum
D: Chocolate Reese

Check below for the answers, and see how well you did! Thank you all for reading and taking this quiz! Did you do well? I hope you all had fun, and I can’t wait to see you in the next issue!

1. The correct answer is C, Tommy Riddle. He is known for giving a new riddle each day. People must find a student across the map at the riddle’s location!

2. The correct answer is B, Chunky Charles. He is the Honeybadger house ghost!

3. The correct answer is A, Mrs. Florentine. Her ice cream shop is at the end of Diagonal Lane!

4. The correct answer is D, Sobbing Susie. Sobbing Susie died at Hogsworth in one of the girl’s bathrooms, and she now haunts that room. If you listen closely, you’ll often hear her crying.

5. The correct answer is D, Boomslang. These creatures give you Boomslang venom and skin, which are great for quests and potions!

6. The correct answer is B, Phoenix. Phoenixes are well known for their tears with healing abilities. One amazing fact about them is that rather than dying, they are reborn. They go up in flames and rise from the ashes!

7. The correct answer is C, Kevin. Kevin is the NPC used for travelling to and around events!

8. The correct answer is A, Toymaker Tobias. He owns a build-a-plush shop in the lower east end of Hogsend!

9. The correct answer is D, Via Oxley. She is well known for becoming a healer and taking you on a questline called “The Rising Healer”.

10. The correct answer is C, Sugar Plum. You will always see her in Honeysweets behind the counter, selling fresh candy!
1681613553344.png

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Ways to Decorate Your Room
Lifestyle
Written by whoohoo
Edited by littledead

Welcome to this Lifestyle article in today’s issue. Today I will be sharing ways to decorate and furnish your dorm or bedroom! These are some designs used a lot, and they have been very common in the last few years.

Tip 1: The first tip of today will be pictures! Who doesn’t love taking photos to remember certain moments with friends and family? I know I do! The easiest yet fun way to fill up your empty walls is to hang up pictures!

Tip 2: You can always hang up more than just photographs on your walls. There are many more items possible to fill your walls with, like paintings, flags, lights, posters, shelves, and more.

Tip 3: If you love nature, you can even incorporate plants or flowers inside your room! Flowers, for example, are Daisies, Roses, Orchids, Daffodils, and a variety of others that can practically be placed anywhere you want.

Tip 4: Similar to the flowers, there are various other types of nature you can decorate your room with, such as plants! The most well-known plants for this are bonsai trees, snake plants, English Ivy, spider plant, fake leaf vines, and much more!

Tip 5: You might have some empty spaces besides seating areas or your bed. This can easily be fixed by placing pillows. You can use bed pillows or decorative pillows for this!

Tip 6: You have finished decorating the walls, seating areas, and perhaps even the empty corners of the room. Yet the floor is still rather plain, you can easily fix this by placing a rug, or multiple, down on the floor.

Tip 7: If you love reading, you might need a spot to place all those books. I know I have that problem, and the best way to solve it is by buying a bookcase.

Tip 8: Don’t want to sit at your desk or on your bed? Get a couch! You can decorate the couch with pillows and blankets, and it is a cosy spot to sit or lay on!

Thank you all so much for reading this article! I hope you discovered some new things to help you decorate your bedroom/dorm room! I wish you all the best of luck and hope you have a beautiful day! See you in the next one!

Status