DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 84

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Server Spotlight

Lifestyle

The Daily Diviner is looking for new Editors to join our team! If you're interested, you can fill out an application here!

Getting Excited for May the Fourth!
Feature
Written by Silquer
Edited by snotflower
Graphic and Render by: Prin_ce and Lukeius

Hello dear readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner. May 4th is almost upon us, which means it is time for Potterworld’s beloved May the Fourth Event! This is one of the most anticipated events of the year, and it always rolls around during May, just in time for the celebration of a certain famous sci-fi franchise. The May the Fourth Events of the past have always been a big hit on Potterworld, but what can we expect this year? Let’s have a look, shall we?

To begin with, for any of you who are unaware, May the Fourth is a day set aside to celebrate all things space and sci-fi. This is because the name sounds strikingly similar to a phrase spoken in the popular sci-fi film series Star Wars. A quick search will tell you all you need to know about the origins of this day! People often celebrate May the Fourth by watching their favorite galaxy-themed films, dressing up in cosplay, and spending time with friends arguing over the canon of their favorite movies and shows. Potterworld, on the other hand, celebrates a little differently with their very own themed event!

In the past, these events have taken place in galaxies far, far away… In 2021, the event began with a ship named the Centennial Hawk whisking players away to a far away galaxy. While in this event, players were challenged to an Escape Room. With the Star Tokens gained from this quest and the seasonal Star Wars-themed minigames, players could also build their very own Plasma Blades! However, the best part of this event was the many plushies players could buy from the in-game store.

In 2022, Potterworld once again welcomed the Centennial Hawk onto castle grounds. Players were called to join the fight between the Imperials and the Rebels! Unlike 2021’s event, 2022 May the 4th featured a brand-new currency: Baskir. Baskir could be used to get certain gear items. In my opinion, the best part of this event was the opportunity to build your own companion droid!

This leaves us to wonder: what will 2023 May the Fourth be like on Potterworld? Well, I have it from an inside source that old content will be returning to the event! What could this mean? On the more speculative side, it could mean that the classic Star Wars minigames are returning, potentially with some new and old maps. What about Plasma Blade and droid building? We’ll have to wait to find out!

Two new quests will also make an appearance. In past years, quests have immersed players into the galaxy and sometimes its conflicts. Only time will tell what the Game Design team has planned for us! I, for one, can’t wait to see what adventures we are called to go on.

Wow, that certainly is exciting! What did you think? Are you as hyped as I am for the May the Fourth Event? I hope so! It’s sure to be a fun-filled joyride through the galaxy. Be sure to keep an eye out on the forums and in the Discord announcements for more information regarding the event and its release date. Get ready for an event filled to the galaxy’s brim with star-themed adventures!
nMA1thT.png

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Upgrading the Arena
Editorial
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by littledead

It’s already that time of the year – Arena Season 1 has come to a close! The Arena team has been thriving in this new year and blew it away this first quarter. My favourite part is the new releases that come with the new season. Season 2 started with a bang, and an Editorial is a perfect time to review these recent changes! Let’s go over it all, shall we?

First and foremost, let’s look at the new maps! This season, we’ve been introduced to four new maps: a Woodshire Flying course, a Mustafar Star Racing course, and Wigtown Quabbleball and Dark Prison Dueling Arenas.

The Woodshire Flying course is beautiful, taking you on a ride around the treehouse and through the famous castle. It’s a shorter map, but it has a lot of quick turns and a few smaller-than-standard hoops. Who am I to complain, though? I’ll take it slow just to admire the town.

The Mustafar Star Racing course fits right into the Star Wars theme. Admittedly, I have never watched a Star Wars film in full, but I have seen Solo and the first season of The Mandalorian! It has great vibes, and I enjoy the AT-STs that litter the course.

The Wigtown Quabbleball Dueling Arena is just my kind of map. It’s on the smaller side but perfect for audience viewings! You can see the entire course from anywhere in the stands, even with a short render distance. I might meet my demise shortly, but at least I’ll get a show beforehand!

The Dark Prison Arena is by far my favourite of the four maps. It’s a shame we haven’t had a Dueling map here before! The graveyard makes the perfect atmosphere for battling to the death, and the looming building makes you feel like you have nowhere to go. Like the Wigtown map, it’s small but has excellent hiding spots. I can’t wait to see it in action!

The Dueling Halls have got an upgrade! The two new features both surround the previous champions. Upstairs, in the Arena trophy case, you can find the complete history of the previous Potterworld champions, from monthly Tournament Winners to Winter Waltz Tournament Winners. Honouring our past is essential, and it’s good to know who you might need to defeat one day! As well, the Season Winner NPCs can now be customised. Each winner can write a message for their NPC to say. Now’s your time to discover what goes on in their competitive minds!

There’s been a few general updates too! I’m pumped for the new Dueling Challenge style: random teams. It’s as simple as it sounds – you’ll be paired up with a random teammate to duel with. You cannot make teams ahead of time or change them after they’re made. I think this will be a fun way to get paired up with players who may duel differently than you do, but I’ll admit, the chance to be carried is a big plus too!

Upcoming updates that aren’t quite here yet, but will be coming out in the next few weeks, are some decorations and Arena shop items! There’s no information on what Arena’s planning for their Hub and Lobby decor, but new Arena shop items will be rotating in and out in mid-May. Keep your eyes out for them!

If you’re new to Arena and their competitions, #Arena101 on the Arena Discord may be the place for you! The Arena team has been working on this channel for the past month and releasing tons of helpful information. This season, they plan to continue focusing on Talents and Spells that can be helpful in duelling. Make sure to check out the Arena Discord and #Arena101 here!

I can’t wait to see how Season 2 comes around! It’s always a blast hopping into Challenges, and I’m looking forward to playing on some of the new maps and trying the new Dueling Challenge type. Thank you so much to the Arena team for working on these updates, and good luck to all of you in Season 2!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Spring Event Wrap Up
Editorial
Written by IChloe__
Edited by Calliequeen

Hello, dear readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner. This year's Spring Event has just concluded, and with that comes an event review! Without further delay, let us dive into the article.

Let me begin by pointing out the beautiful buildings. Upon entering Mahounoshiro, I was amazed. The Japanese architecture was stunning and took my breath away. I think we can all admit that this is outstanding work by the Build team, and we should all be very proud of them! Throughout the event build, there was an eye-catching level of detail, from the cherry blossom park to the outer edges of Mahounoshiro.

Regarding the event's features, eggs could be collected throughout the map at a variety of locations. There were four egg types: yellow, pink, blue, and green. Each type of egg could be turned into Zenia to unlock unique collectibles. I thought this was a wonderful feature for the event to have and made for tough decisions. Unlocking all of the special collectibles by collecting eggs was certainly a challenge, but it brought depth to the event and was incredibly fun!

There were many different collectibles you could collect throughout. However, some of my personal favourites were the Lucky Cats and the Sakura Picnic Basket! The Lucky Cats came in various colours, so everyone could pick their favourite fuzzy friend. The adorable springtime collectibles like the Sakura Bracelet and Wisteria Flower were absolutely stunning and made a wide range of diversity.

Moving on, I'd like to talk about the dog shelter, which was a key location during the event and featured two quests! The quests provided by Daisuke and Akiro were both amazing and provided another pleasant aspect to the event. Daisuke's quest was my favourite! Players found families for unadopted dogs based on their characteristics- they even named them. As for Akiro's quest, it helped clean up the area after the pups at the shelter had too much fun. The items brought back would be rewarded with eggs and event tokens! Neither quest disappointed, and it was very entertaining!

The Spring Event was a tremendous success, and I personally had a great time participating. The stunning Japanese architecture of Mahounoshiro, collecting eggs, unlocking unique collectibles, and the quests around campus made this event one to remember. I want to express my gratitude to the Build team for their incredible work in creating such a beautiful and immersive event. Additionally, the Game Design team did an outstanding job crafting a fun and challenging experience for everyone to enjoy and play.

As we look forward to the next event, I am excited to announce that the upcoming May the Fourth Event is sure to be a blast. With new challenges, exciting quests, and amazing rewards, it's an event you won't want to miss. Stay tuned for more information about this exciting event, and get ready to celebrate May the Fourth in style!

That's all for now! Until next time, this is IChloe__ signing off for the Daily Diviner.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

3D Arithmancers
Server Spotlight
Written by whoohoo
Edited by Calliequeen
Graphic by: Prin_ce

Hello, dear readers of the Daily Diviner! Welcome back to the Server Spotlight column. In this issue, we'll be diving into the 3D Arithmancers, including what they are, what they do, where you can find their work, and even how to become one yourself!

We have multiple Arithmancer teams, which are all a part of the Media department. We have Skin Arithmancers, 2D Arithmancers, and 3D Arithmancers, who all make some form of digital art for the server. They are the real artists of the server! Today I will only go into detail about 3D Arithmancers.

3D Arithmancers make renders for the server, which get used in Daily Diviner issues, social media, and website posts! Renders are pictures and wallpapers that include Minecraft skins, but they make them look lively.

You can find their work on Potterworlds social media accounts, the website, and even the wiki!

Does this all sound very fun and would you want to do it yourself? Click here to go to the applications and apply to become a 3D Arithmancer!

Thank you all so much for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day. I hope you learned something new about 3D Arithmancers and that you enjoyed reading about them! See you in the next issue!

Do you want to be featured in a future Server Spotlight article? Fill out our form here for a chance to be in our next Server Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Big Screen Snack Ideas
Lifestyle
Written by MintyEagle
Edited by snotflower

Good day, magicians, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner. Imagine that you’ve sat down to watch a film, but you soon feel your stomach rumbling. You don’t want to eat an entire meal, but you also aren’t in the mood for bland crisps. However, there are still plenty of snack options for movie night!

Popcorn is a classic, of course, but there are ways to make it tastier! For example, you could drizzle it in smooth caramel, which will harden on the pieces and make them much sweeter. You could also throw chocolate in your popcorn, which would make them melt, helping your snack have that extra warm taste. Even butter and salt would make your food more magical!

If you have some time before the movie starts, you could bake your own sweet treats! For those who are new to baking, brownies are very easy to make and shouldn’t take up a lot of space. When you’re watching a movie with friends, cookies are a great way to share without having to bring out the silverware. Finally, if you’re on your own, mug cakes are great as they’re quick, simple, and you have one portion all to yourself.

Cold treats are a great way to make your movie extra refreshing, especially when it’s a hot day. The quickest way to go about this is by having one big scoop of ice cream—easy and effective. If you’ve got some on hand, popsicles are amazing to add some fruity flavour. However, if you have more time to spare, you could make yourself a sundae, complete with chocolate syrup, caramel, whipped cream, and nuts.

Although everyone can agree that snacks with movies are a winning combination, it could be a bit difficult to figure out what to eat. However, with our tips in hand, you may be inspired to make something truly delicious. Until then, thank you for reading the Daily Diviner, and have a magical day!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Tips for Editors!
Lifestyle
Written by chail3y
Edited by littledead

Hello, dear readers! Welcome to the Lifestyle column of the Daily Diviner. Today, we are talking about editing! Have you ever been asked to edit someone's writing but felt like you weren’t equipped to do so? Fear not, because in this article I’ve compiled a list of tips that will turn you into an editing master!

Tip 1 - Read!
When you are going to edit an article, you need to make sure that you read the content thoroughly. Before making any changes or suggestions, read the content all the way through at least once to understand its purpose and tone. It usually is pretty noticeable if you haven’t read something all the way through before editing, and it not only makes your life easier but also creates a better product.

Tip 2 - Positive Attitude
Always keep a positive attitude when editing someone’s piece. For most writers, their work is a very personal thing. It is the writer's work first and foremost. You never want to make them feel bad for making mistakes or needing improvement. I have always recommended using the compliment sandwich approach. Basically, your feedback should come with something positive at the beginning and at the end. By doing this, you make it clear that even though there are places to improve, there is a solid foundation to start with! Additionally, be flexible with the writer. Adapt to the writer's voice and style while still maintaining clarity and coherence.

Tip 3 - Three-Pass System
You are probably asking yourself, what is a three-pass system? Well, it’s a great thing that I am here to explain! This system is in place to help you to focus on smaller chunks of editing at a time. It also makes it easier for writers to accept changes! The three-pass system works like this:

Pass 1 - Overall Structure and Content
Pass 2 - Paragraph Development
Pass 3 - Spelling, Grammar, & Style

Tip 4 - Clarity is Necessary
I recommend being incredibly clear in your feedback. If you provide clear and concise feedback to the writer, it will be a smoother process for all involved because it eliminates excess confusion and back and forth between the editor and writer. Try explaining exactly why you are suggesting changes and offer examples of suggestions for improvement in cases where you feel like it could help clarity.

Tip 5 - Stay Organized
My last tip for all of you is to stay organized. You should always keep track of the different projects you are working on and their deadlines. Using tools such as calendars or project management software goes a long way in staying on top of things. It is also important to keep track of the tone and type of piece you are editing, especially when you have multiple pieces at once as it can change how you edit!

If you have found these tips interesting and think you might want to try your hand at editing, you should consider applying for Daily Diviner Editor! I have included a link to the application here!

If you want to know more about what DD Editors do before applying, you should know that they edit all articles before being published in the Daily Diviner. Editors are knowledgeable about different types of writing and are skilled in grammar. They check articles for quality, consistency, and accuracy.

I spoke with Daily Diviner Leadership for their advice to future applicants and this is what they said!

Head of Media - Emily (Ralie)
“Make sure to carefully write your application and include plenty of detail. We can't wait to welcome new faces onto the team! Good luck to all applicants!”

Assistant to Head of Media/Daily Diviner Lead - Danielle (MamaDuckie)
“Advice for a future Daily Diviner Editor? There’s no such thing as the perfect editor. There will be times when you won’t catch everything. You can try to prevent that by reading over the work multiple times, out loud, in enlarged text or backwards to prevent missing something in someone’s work. However, remember that even famous and published works have mistakes and typos, so don’t let it discourage you. Anyone can be an editor if they’re willing to put in the time and practice for giving feedback and helping polish articles for publication.”

Daily Diviner Advisor - Silver (Silquer)
“As an editor, don't be afraid to admit when you don't know something! Looking things up (grammar or otherwise) and learning is part of the editing experience, and it will only help you and your writer grow.”

I hope that even if you don’t apply, you learned a little bit about editing today. This was chail3y reporting for the Daily Diviner, and I hope you enjoy the rest of this issue!

Status