DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 86

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Server Spotlight

Lifestyle

The Daily Diviner is looking for new Editors to join our team! If you're interested, you can fill out an application here!

Prideful Memories
Feature
Written by chail3y
Edited by Calliequeen

Welcome back to the Daily Diviner! As May draws to a close, June is in sight. Now, April showers might bring May flowers but May flowers will bring June’s Pride Festivals! As Pride month nears, I wanted to talk a little bit about what Pride month is and what it means to the LGBTQ+ community.

To start, some of you may be asking yourself “What is Pride month?”. Pride Month is a month dedicated to the celebration and commemoration of the LGBTQ+ community. LGBTQ+ is an abbreviation for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and others.

Pride month is usually filled with various celebrations and events. Specifically, Pride festivals and parades are the most prevalent today. During these festivals, the LGBTQ+ community comes together and celebrates their identities with music, food, decorations, and performances. People of all ages and diversity attend; it is a safe space to be true to themselves.

Now, we have talked about how people celebrate Pride IRL and in person, but how does Potterworld celebrate Pride virtually? The answer is, every year, we hold a Pride Event! In the past, we have had the PotterworldMC Pride Festival held in various locations including, Hogsworth, Diagonal Lane, and Iris Cove. The first-ever Potterworld Pride Event started with just one quest and a few rewards and has since become more in past years. Regardless of the size of the event, it’s a wonderful celebration to watch people be themselves and celebrate on our server. I can’t wait to see that again with the 2023 Pride Festival. I wonder where this year’s festival may be held…

In anticipation of Pride Month, I took the time to speak with some of our LGBTQ+ staff members. I asked them “What does Pride mean to you?” and this is what they said!

“For me, Pride is how we celebrate who we are and use our voices to empower each other. Pride is about unity, no-judgement and the freedom to love and be.” - Shira (0ceqn)

"Pride to me is filled with a sense of safety and home—like hugging your favourite person after a rough day. It's celebration, progress, setback, friendships, pain, relationships, community and so much more. It's realising that who you are and who you love is something only you can define." - Arne (tqrpiar)

“To me, Pride is the opportunity for us in the LGBTQ+ community to be confident in who we are, to celebrate it in honor of living who we want to be, to honor the struggles the community has faced throughout history, and to support fundamental equality and justice for all LGBTQ+ people. It also means the chance for me, alongside many of my friends and family, to be proud of who I am, and to seek comfort in my own identity without feeling masked from the outside. No matter how you choose to celebrate, celebrate Pride with love.” - June (juhin)

“To me, pride means understanding, recognition, safety, and a reminder to always be proud of who and how far you’ve come. You are valid, you are loved, you are important!” - Meg (xMye)

“To me, Pride means being unapologetically myself. It's the ability to express who I truly am in whatever way that makes me feel comfortable and happy, no matter what others think.” - Aviann (AviannTheBird)

I hope that if you celebrate Pride you have a wonderful Pride month and if you don’t that you are supportive and kind to those who do. This was chail3y reporting for the Daily Diviner, and I hope you enjoy the rest of this issue!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

May the Fourth Event Review
Editorial
Written by IChloe__
Edited by littledead

Hello, dear readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! As you may know, Potterworld's annual May the Fourth event will soon be coming to a close. Throughout this article, we'll guide you through the main highlights, delve into side quests, and introduce you to some intriguing characters. So buckle up and get ready for an exhilarating ride!

The event's main questline was nothing short of captivating. From the moment we embarked on our journey, we were transported to breathtaking landscapes and faced thrilling challenges. From Batuu to Naboo, all of the teams spared no effort in creating an immersive travel method that truly enhanced the gameplay experience. Traveling through Hyperspace was fantastic, and I really enjoyed it! As someone who isn't a massive Star Wars fan, I appreciated how all the quests were understandable to those who haven't watched Star Wars. I was able to follow the main story even though I wasn't a huge fan.

Furthermore, the event included an array of engaging side quests that expanded the game world and introduced us to fascinating characters. These quests offered unique challenges and rewards, like event tokens, encouraging us to explore every nook and cranny of the immersive universe. It was enjoyable to interact with the diverse cast of characters, each of whom had their own personality and dialogue- which I must say was cool!

I would also like to add that there was a myriad of different collectibles to choose from! There was a diverse reward system for this event. The options are endless, from your own customized lightsaber, to adorable pets, and even making your own droid! I enjoyed the variety of items you could receive by playing the event; I got my very own lightsaber, and I love it!

As we wrap up this review, we can't help but express our gratitude to everyone involved in making this event a resounding success. The Build team, Game Design team, and everyone else involved had amazing creativity and dedication that shone through in every aspect of the game, from the intricate questlines to the stunning visuals. The event left a lasting impression, and I personally really enjoyed it. Thank you all for reading! Until next time, this is IChloe__ signing off for the Daily Diviner.
1685247073855.png

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Designing the Basics
Editorial
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by Calliequeen

Without a doubt, the Potterworld Staff team is a large part of what keeps the server going. While everyone is a volunteer, they do so much to bring amazing content and experiences to the community. The Game Design team is one of these teams, and they have a very important role. What would we be without quests or events? Without new content? Without Kevin taking us across the world? But, in order to create such feats, they need a team full of creative individuals with new ideas!

If you’re unaware, Jr. Game Designer is the first role in the Game Design team; next is Game Designer and then Sr. Game Designer. Game Designers use custom Potterworld tech to make a variety of content – think GUIs, quests, NPCs, and more! Though it may sound intimidating, don’t be afraid; the team has a system that ensures new members are given plenty of resources and time to learn these new systems.

Once you’ve learned the tech, you can design content for Potterworld! This can be anything from creating quests like the ones seen in Woodshire, making riddles, creating new systems like Reputation, or working on the upcoming Main Storyline.

If you’re interested but still unsure, you’re in luck! I had the chance to interview Strale_Varuluv, who just so happens to be a Jr. Game Designer himself. Let’s see what he had to say about his experience in the role!

Who are you, and what position are you?
I'm Strale_Varulv, also known as Mr Secret! A proud member of the Game Design team as a Jr. Game Designer.

How long have you been on the Game Design team?
I've been on the team for around 9 months.

What kind of things do you like to work on?
We work on multiple things, but my favourite is creating activities and quests for events! It takes some effort, but in the end, when we see how much players enjoy the event, all the effort is paid off!

What has been your favourite project so far?
I haven’t gotten to work on a lot of things, but what I am working on currently is probably my favourite project. It should be released soon, so keep an eye out! :)

What would you say to anyone looking to apply for Jr. Game Designer?
Be creative – that's literally the only thing I can say when it comes to writing the application out. Don't reject some of the coolest event activities ideas because you feel they're impossible to create. Every idea is welcome – show how creative and innovative you are!

Ready to jump into the deep end? Jr. Game Designer applications are open right now!

You must be level 60 or higher and at least 16 years old to apply. If you’re still interested but not 16 yet, there are bypass applications to allow you to show the Game Design Leadership what you’re made of!

As a Jr. Game Designer, this was my favourite application to complete. The highlight is the design test at the end of the application. While it can seem intimidating, sharing and imagining your ideas on the server is fun. It’s rewarding to make your dream a reality, and the application is just the first step of it!

The Game Design team is a fantastic team to work with
. We’re always looking to add new Jr. Game Designers to our team, and it would be great to see you guys as a part of it! Thank you so much to Mr Secret for letting me interview him, and thank you to the Game Design team for all you do! Have a magical day, everyone!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Warp Keys: A Useful Tool for the Well-Seasoned Traveller
Server Spotlight
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by snotflower

Hello lovely readers and welcome to the Server Spotlight column! I'd like to take you on a walk down memory lane for just a moment. Do you remember when you received your first Warp Key? How'd it happen? Some of you may have different answers, as what they look like and how they work has changed a bit throughout the history of Potterworld. Let's explore their history, uses, and appearances together!

Before the Revelius Update, people were able to travel freely around the world to unlock locations. Once they unlocked it, they could utilize their Warp Key bag with only a 3-second cooldown. After the Revelius Update, many locations were locked behind level restrictions, and once you used your Warp Key bag for a specific location, you were given a 10-minute cooldown before being allowed to use that same warp. Luckily, after the recent 1.9.1 Gameplay Update, the cooldowns were removed. This was to make it easier to travel about the map more.

Many people use their Warp Keys to travel between towns. You're able to save up to two different locations on your Warp Key. If there is ever an ongoing event, your Warp Key will also contain a unique warp to the event build! If you're looking to have more than just one unique saved location, Tier 4 Reputation rewards unlock the town's Warp Key location that you can use freely without consequences.

If you aren't thrilled by the look of your Warp Key bag, the Potterworld store has a variety of appearances that you can purchase. My personal favorite is the Backpack Buddy, as it makes your Warp Key look like a fun backpack with a teddy bear sticking out of it. For those of you that want a more magical feel to it, I'd recommend the Spellbook Warp Key. Once you've purchased your own unique Warp Key appearance, make sure to do /warpkey and click the appearance you want in order to apply it!

Potterworld has certainly changed its Warp Keys over the years! Make sure to check out the store to find the right Warp Key appearance for you! I hope you have a wonderful day. This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.

Do you want to be featured in a future Server Spotlight article? Fill out our form here for a chance to be in our next Server Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Pride Crafts for the Soul
Lifestyle
Written by Silquer
Edited by snotflower

Hello dear readers, and welcome to a Pride-filled Lifestyle article! June is the long-awaited Pride month, a time where people who identify as LGBTQIA+ around the world celebrate their identities out loud and proud. Many people choose to participate in Pride parades or local Pride events; however, if you want to bring the rainbow into your own home, decorations are the way to go! From streamers to flags to pins, there are plenty of choices to show off your pride. Here are five of the best ways to decorate your living space for Pride month!

Flowers have been a staple of the LGBTQIA+ community for years. From the very first Pride parades, people would march in the streets with flowers, and rainbow arrangements are common to see around Pride month. What better way to bring the spirit of a Pride parade into your own home than with origami flowers?

Origami flowers are perfect for decorating your living space with subtle Pride flags. These flowers can be made out of many different colors, so you can create the flag of your choosing! For these flowers, you will need different shades of paper, colored pencils for any extra designs, and the help of an online video to create the origami flower you’re looking for. The best place for these flowers would be a desk or a bookshelf, where a splash of color can make a huge difference. You could even hang them from your ceiling with a bit of string and clear tape. Your space will look like a Pride wonderland with these flowers!

Fabric Pride flags are another popular choice. Progress Pride flags are a common thing to see hanging from flagpoles outside houses, and it’s even more common to see someone draped in a Pride flag during a Pride parade. And, if you’ve ever scrolled through TikTok, YouTube, or Instagram, you’ve most certainly seen a Pride flag up on other people’s bedroom walls.

If you haven’t already (or are perhaps looking for another one), Pride month is the best time to hang a Pride flag you identify with up on your walls! If putting up a specific flag isn’t your thing, a simple Progress Pride flag or rainbow flag will do the trick. Combine this with your paper flowers and your living space will definitely be popping with color!

Alongside Pride flags, Pride apparel such as pins, fabric patches, or whole pieces of clothing (take rainbow socks, for example) are a great way to bring your pride outside. Personally, I have seen Pride apparel all around and been inspired by it; rainbow lanyards, colorful stickers on water bottles, and flag pins are all things I’ve seen around. Seeing these colors out and about has brought me a sense of peace and belonging.

If you, like me, want to bring that feeling into your living space, Pride apparel is the best way to go about that! From shoes and froggy or heart pins, all the way to shirts with flags on them, wearing these things can bring a bit of color onto your person. You can shop online or in person. The important thing is to pick out things that appeal to you. As for where to decorate, you can put pins on lanyards or shirts, or wear rainbow shoes with rainbow socks. The possibilities are limitless!

Another option to brighten up your space are paper streamers! Streamers are bright and colorful, and just like the origami flowers, paper streamers can be made in any color and shape that you want. To make the streamers, just like the flowers, you will need sturdy paper of whichever flag you choose and a video on how to make the streamers. You can hang them around your bed, shelves, or on the ceiling. Add fairy lights for extra ambience!

The last of the decorations are desk items, such as rainbow or flag water bottles, pins, jars, or fairy lights! Alongside the bright colors in your space, any sort of Pride-themed knick-knacks will top off these colors with a final splash of variety. You can shop online or decorate things such as water bottles or jars. Once you have your desired assortment of items, scatter them all across your desk, forgoing neatness for color!

What did you think of these decorations? Will you be decorating your space for Pride? If you are, I hope you’ve gotten some inspiration from these ideas. Have a great rest of your Pride month!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Ways to Celebrate the End of School
Lifestyle
Written by whoohoo
Edited by littledead

Hello and welcome to the second Lifestyle article in this issue! I am very glad to see you here, dear reader, for today I have a fun topic for you! Given that the school year has ended, the topic of this article will be how to celebrate your graduation with friends at your very own lovely housing!

For the first option, I say host a party! You can build decorations, make sure to have food and drinks to hand out, and play some music while you and your friends hang out, possibly even invite other people to join in! The more the merrier!

Don’t want to host anything at your housing? You could always go into the server with your friends and explore the various towns and locations! Potterworld provides an array of different locations to explore and so many small details that often go overlooked. My personal favourite to explore would be Walden or Ireland!

If that doesn’t pique your interest, you can always queue for one of the minigames the server has to offer with your friends. If you prefer something team-based, try a game of Quabbleball! Maybe you want to put in some flying practice instead. There are a lot of options and you will end up having a lot of fun!

Although we all know the minigame Hide and Seek that the server has to offer, you can even play it around the server! My friends and I have done this lots of times in the Hogsworth castle, in a town, or even in someone's housing! There are so many spots and places you could play the game. You could even possibly play tag in your housing if you turn PvP and damage on! It is a lot of fun and I for sure recommend it!

Thank you all so much for reading this article, I wish you all a very nice day and I hope to see you in the next one. My favourite part of this article for sure is the playing Hide and Seek in different places on the server! Congratulations on the end of your school year/graduation!
1685298585144.png

Status