DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 87

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Server Spotlight

Lifestyle

Summer Shopping Sprees
Feature
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by snotflower

Welcome back to the Daily Diviner, as well as the start of your summer holiday! As we’re sure you know, summer is the ideal time to shop and experiment with new styles! It is the perfect time to shop until you drop, and no matter if you're on an adventure or practising magic, you're in luck! The Store team recently released the May and June releases, along with the Anniversary Release. Why don't we have a look at everything that was introduced to the store, shall we?

In June, we were blessed with the exciting Pirate Store Releases! It introduced 5 new items: the Smoke Wand Effects, the Pirate Scenery, the Ship in the Bottle Warp Key, the Skull Staff, and the Pirate Broom. They are all a must-have for any cosmetic collector.

Starting off strong, the Smoke Wand Effects brings an ominous feel to any wand. It’s perfect for any dark wizards or someone hoping to sneak around. People will know you mean trouble when they spot the smoke floating around you!

Next, the Pirate Scenery brings the roughness of the seas to your Housing! With rolling hills and palm trees, any pirate will feel right at home. There are plenty of lands to explore for ancient treasures, but best of all, there are ships drifting along the coast. What would a “Pirate” Scenery be without pirate ships?

This new addition to the Warp Key collection, the Ship in the Bottle Warp Key, may be what you’ve been looking for. This ship is as graceful as one can be – it’s almost a shame that you can’t store it next to your bedside to marvel at each night! Yet it’s clear it’s meant to be in your pocket. The magic stored inside this small bottle allows you to travel from town to town with the grace of the ship stored within it.

The Skull Staff is a fantastical addition to this release. It features an intense skull on the end of the staff. Any witch or wizard seen carrying this around will give off a wicked and sinister aura. If I may say, it shivers my timbers.

The Pirate Broom is one of the coolest brooms released this year. It calls for any magical being to take off and fly through the skies. With its intricate designs, it reimagines the pirate ship to live among the clouds.

To wrap it all up, the Pirate Bundle was included in this release! It includes the Pirate Hat, the Skull Staff, and the Pirate Broom. You’ll be ready to sail the seven seas with these under your belt!

Starting on May 18, the Anniversary Sale & Release took off. Other than the 50% off almost everything sale that lasted until May 22, the main thing that was released was the new customisable wand lore.

You can now explore the 42 wood types and 13 wand cores to deck out your wand and personalise it to who you are. For example, a hazelwood wand with a dittany stalk core symbolises a creative, wise, and helpful magician. If you wanted to learn more about woods and wand cores, make sure to check out the in-game store.

The Mystical Store Release may have come out over a month ago, but it’s still as dashing as ever! It featured a wonderful variety of items, from emotes to Warp Keys!

Starting strong, we have the Bucket Hat, a perfect pick for rocking a cute look this summer. Doubling as an explorer’s hat, it’ll make any wearer feel like you’re about to join Kevin on an amazing adventure! Any witch or wizard will practically belong right in a rainforest with this on their heads.

Next up is the Electrifying Wand. It's a very beautiful blue wand with matching bluefyre that curls up your wrist. Just picking it up makes you feel like you're holding the power of the magical world in your hands. Even better, it has both an Alex and Steve version to personalise your experience!

The most exciting part of the Mystical Store Release were the Warp Keys it introduced: the Raven and the Spellbook! The Raven is particularly adorable – it's just a little friend who hangs out on your shoulder! And it's a perfect addition to the Raven collection. On the other hand, the Spellbook is perfect for anyone wanting to increase their magical knowledge. For the first time, you can cast your runes to travel the world!

It seems the most popular part of this release was the Cowboy Emote Pack. This pack introduced emotes like riding a horse or saying “yeehaw” and “howdy”. It’s the perfect buy for this summer!

To top it all off, the Store team released the Clockwork Bundle! You can now buy all of these extraordinary items with just one click of a button. With whirling wheels and glowing clocks, you're sure to impress all of your friends

As always with any store release, thank you so much to the Store team and Artworkers for creating these beautiful items and releasing them to the crowds of Potterworld! They’re the perfect picks to expand your collection and be ready for any outing this season. We can’t wait to see what kind of outfits you put together this summer holiday! Have a magical day and enjoy the rest of the issue!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

The Magic of Minigames
Editorial
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by littledead

Hello lovely readers, and welcome to the Editorial column! Have you ever found yourself looking for something to do between events and gameplay updates? Potterworld has tons of fun minigames you can try out! You might be thinking to yourself: “I’ve tried a couple of games before and it didn’t turn out so well. The learning curve was too hard for me.” Luckily, I have compiled some advice on how to play the different games in order to make your experience more enjoyable!

The Flying game on Potterworld is like the various flying classes, challenges, and quests you can find across Potterworld, except you can compete against other players at any time and sharpen your flying skills! When learning how to fly, always aim for the hoop higher than you think you’ll need to. This is because it's your broom hitbox that crashes rather than you yourself. For those looking for a short, quick game with plenty of thrills to help hone their flying skills, this game is for you!

Some people may prefer to play the 1v1 Arena game! This game only takes 2 people to start. It simulates a duel between you and the other queued person and allows you to practice your dueling skills in a more formal way than traveling to the Dueling Halls. If you’re looking to improve your dueling skills, this game is for you!

The Hide and Seek game allows multiple players to pick the objects they hide as while one player seeks them. The goal for the seeker is to find all hiders while the goal for the hiders is to not be found by the seeker. Some of the best hiding spots involve being hidden in an area that needs parkouring to get to. In this way, hiders can watch the seeker attempt to reach them and run away as needed in order to avoid getting hit by the seeker’s bat.

Party Games is another fun game to play! There are multiple unique game modes within party games, and each has a unique strategy that can help a person win. For example, in Keep the Crown, avoid running in a straight line and try to duck behind cover and climb/jump off objects as much as you can. This makes you harder to hit and thus allows you to gain more points! There are a total of 5 game modes selected at random for you to play, and depending on if you place in the top 3 for each minigame, you collect a certain number of stars. The person with the most stars at the end is the winner. If you're the kind of person that likes variety and to mix things up, this game is for you!

Another game people like to play is Melting Floor. This game requires a total of 4 people. In Melting Floor, each player runs around, and as they run, the floor behind them disappears. Some people struggle to stay ahead of the disappearing blocks in this game, so my best suggestion would be to run as if you were straddling the line between blocks. This is so that if the disappearing blocks catch up to you, then you have that second block to stop you from falling.

The last game you can play is Quabbleball. There are four different positions you can play in Quabbleball: Seeker (looks for the Swippet), Passer (tries to score goals with the quabbleball), Bruiser (knocks passers off brooms to keep them from flying towards the goal), and Defender (acts as a goalie to prevent passers from scoring). This game has a bit of a learning curve, so I sought out May's Quabbleball Tournament Champion, cheddarsoup, for some advice.

cheddarsoup: I would recommend bruiser for new players as it's easy to pick up and its low stakes. Don't quit after one bad game, especially because it takes a bit to get used to everything. If you have questions just ask them either in game chat or message someone. 99% of Quabbleball players are happy to help new people get better. If there's a certain role you want to play, then watch what the people on the other team do in that role. I got a lot better at playing passer by watching what the other team's passer was doing. In the beginning don't worry about winning or losing. Instead, just focus on getting better each time you play. Movement is such an underrated part of the game, no matter what position you play movement is important and part of that goes along with watching more experienced players to see how they use movement to their advantage. Lastly, it's better in the beginning to find one role you really like and get good at that, rather than trying to get good at all of them at once.

A huge thank you to cheddarsoup for taking the time to share those tips with us! What is your favorite game to play on Potterworld? Did you try out any of the tips mentioned in the article? How'd it go? Feel free to share your experiences with us. In the meantime, have fun gaming! This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Calls Beyond the Grave
Server Spotlight
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by snotflower

Greetings, Daily Diviner readers! I recently stopped by Hogsworth, hoping to interview some Professors and students on life around the castle – so much changes after you graduate! Though one change is obvious; the house ghosts are way more interested in you if you can get them in a newspaper that hundreds of thousands of wizards and witches might see. Coincidentally, they’re all looking for help from Hogsworth students. From missing students and portraits to sick Prefects, they’ve all got a story to tell. I’ve decided to collect their pleas in this article in case anyone has spare time to lend a hand!

Basically Beheaded Benjamin, the house ghost for the House of the Brave, has been hanging around outside of the Griffin Commons looking for some help. It’s clear to see why he’s so frantic – the Fat Lady is missing from her portrait! Griffins cannot enter (or leave!) their common room without her.

Benjamin can’t do much as a ghost, but he thinks there are some clues around the portrait on her disappearance. I tried getting a peek myself and noticed that the portrait smells awfully toasty for some reason. I apologised for my lack of time to help and went about my way. I must note I heard some bickering from the Grand Staircase, but I’m not sure if that’s related.

The House of the Kind ghost is Chunky Charles, a beloved spirit of the castle. Though he’s always lovely to chat with, he seemed a bit nervous, which is entirely out of character for him. He’s outside the Honeybadger Commons, just off the first floor, and has some troubling news of the house’s Prefects. They’ve somehow all caught the Dragon Plague, a survivable but long-lasting flu.

They seem to be having a rough time, along with their commons’ plants, which is a part of their responsibilities. Charles is hoping there’s a student or two who could pop in and help keep care of the plants. I took a look myself, and they all seem like plants any second-year student or older can handle. Charles even mentioned he’d lend you a bucket for tending to them!

Francine Cades and some students are having some trouble with a riddle in the Raven tower. You think that as members of the House of the Wise, they’d be able to manage to figure it out, but apparently, this one is stumping them. Francine seemed so lost that she suggested a willing student could ask the librarian for answers, but I’m unsure how much the librarian would help.

Francine told me the riddle is, “What holds all of the answers?” I’m definitely not brighter than a Raven, so hopefully, one of you can help. I don’t know where you’d even begin to unravel this riddle, so perhaps, maybe, the librarian might be the best option.

As I mentioned, the Carnage Count coming to me, a Griffin, for help threw off my day – perhaps my week, my year, maybe my entire life. He managed to corner me in the dungeons, the home of the House of the Cunning, to ask for my service. The Count didn’t seem particularly thrilled to talk to me, and he grumbled something about only doing so because the other ghosts were.

It seems a Serpent student is lost in the maze of the dungeons, though the Count mentioned that he thought it might be better to leave them out there. (Gosh, all of the Serpents I know at least care about each other! What’s up with this guy?) He mentioned something about how they’re trapped behind a statue but wouldn’t say any more. I’m not really sure what he’s playing at, but maybe you can help.

All of the house ghosts agreed to hang out in front of their common rooms if a reader decides to reach out to them. I really do wish I had time to help, but there’s always a new Daily Diviner article to work on. Who else would keep reporting on the news and inquiries of the wizarding world if not for us? I hope instead that someone has time to spare. Good luck to the house ghosts, and may you all have a magical day!

Do you want to be featured in a future Server Spotlight article? Fill out our form here for a chance to be in our next Server Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

History of Pride
Lifestyle
Written by Silquer
Edited by littledead

Hello my dear readers, and welcome to the Lifestyle section of the Daily Diviner! Pride month is in full swing on Potterworld with the Pride Event in Portovenere. As you wander through the town, you may have noticed the many different flags and experienced a small taste of LGBTQIA+ culture through the quests and interactions with fellow players. If you’ve ever wondered about the history of pride culture throughout this month, you need not look further! Let’s discuss Pride history, terminology, and culture so you can appreciate the Pride Event in all of its rainbow glory.

First, let’s go over a brief history of Pride. LGBTQIA+ identities have existed for as long as society has been a concept; they are not new to the world. However, the modern perception of Pride is certainly different and more inclusive than in the past. In the United States, this is in large part due to a pivotal movement known as the Stonewall Riots, a riot organized by the gay community that occurred in New York City in response to a violent raid unjustly made on a gay bar by police. Especially in the United States, this is where Pride became a modern concept. In fact, it is one of the main reasons that Pride month is celebrated in June, which is when the Stonewall Riots occurred.

The Stonewall Riot was the movement that broke the dam of LGBTQIA+ discrimination, as other countries such as the United Kingdom began to celebrate Pride around the time of the Stonewall Riots. Around the world, Pride is celebrated with Pride parades, such as NYC Pride, and smaller community celebrations, such as Potterworld’s own Pride Event. Now you know the origin of Pride month! However, Pride culture is always evolving, and we are living in its history every moment. The best way to learn more about the history of Pride is to educate yourself about current events!

Now that you have a basic understanding of where Pride came from, you might be wondering what the commonly-used acronym “LGBTQIA+” stands for, among other Pride terminology. Some are self-explanatory, but let’s look closely at each letter to erase any confusion. “L” stands for lesbian; “G” for gay; “B” for bisexual; “T” for transgender and all of the terms under the transgender umbrella; “Q” for queer; “I” for intersex; “A” for the a-spec community, including aromantic, agender, and asexual identities; and, finally (but certainly not least) the “+” stands for every unmentioned umbrella term or community not included in the initial letters of the acronym.

There are also plenty of Pride flags to examine. Pride flags are an integral part of many communities for their recognizable colors and an inherent expression of solidarity. Pride flags have been a part of queer culture since the late 70s, the most iconic being the simple rainbow flag that has come to represent so much of Pride. Nowadays, overall Pride is represented by the Progress Pride Flag. If you’ve never seen this flag, I advise looking it up and finding out about the meanings of the colors! In fact, nearly every pride flag has significance behind their colors. If you want to learn more about a certain community under the LGBTQIA+ spectrum, looking at their flag and the meanings behind the colors is a great place to start.

One of the most important parts of Pride is the culture! Pride culture is one way LGBTQIA+ people protest against discrimination, but it is also a beautiful way to show off the community’s great diversity, acceptance, and love. Pride parades are a staple of Pride culture. It is a safe space to get together as one community under the shared goal of celebrating LGBTQIA+ identities and Pride’s role in society. Organizations that help LGBTQIA+ people are also integral to the culture of Pride and keeping it alive. Things like The Trevor Project, which helps LGBTQIA+ people in need, and other communities that show their solidarity for queer people are all part of keeping Pride culture thriving.

Lastly, one of the most important parts of queer culture is the media and art. Both of these things are what brings the community together. Being able to communicate with people who go through the same feelings and experiences is what fosters growth and a solid community. Validation and representation are often displayed through art, from affirming books to stories told through paintings or murals. Art has power unlike any other. Personally, creating and seeing art by others in the queer community has brought me a sense of validation and peace.

That concludes the scope of this article! If you’re still curious about anything Pride-related, I encourage you to dig for more information. All of the information offered here is only cursory, after all, and does not even begin to scratch the complex and beautiful surface of Pride. So do some research, and share your experiences with the world! I hope you have a lovely remainder of Pride month!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Summer Outfit Ideas
Lifestyle
Written by whoohoo
Edited by Snotflower

Hello, dear readers of the Daily Diviner, and welcome to this second Lifestyle article of this issue! Given summer is here, you may be wondering about the best ways to dress fashionably while still being comfortable in the heat. Worry not! I will be giving you some outfit ideas I absolutely adore myself.

We’ll start this article off with some accessories ideas to go with your outfits. The easiest and most well-known ones are sunglasses, necklaces, bracelets and rings. There are a wide variety to choose from and many styles, shapes and sizes!

Jewelry can go with any outfit. There are so many possibilities to style it with your outfits! Sunglasses are good because they can shield your eyes from the bright sunlight. It is a plus if the sunglasses fit your outfit and make that look even better!

A few clothing pieces you could wear are shorts, tank tops, swim clothing, baggy shirts and crop-tops. You can style these items in a lot of different ways, colors and more! You can even complete your look with matching clothes and colors!

Loose clothing is your best bet to stay cool in the warm weather, so anything oversized, cropped, or wide-legged will be amazing to wear! Light-colored clothing is great because it absorbs less sunlight so you won’t be as warm.

A few outfits you could buy from the store could be dresses, like flower dresses, summer dresses and more. Tracksuits are also a good choice!

Since the weather will be much warmer, you may go outside more than normal. The outfit possibilities are endless. You could match your outfits with locations you are going to, like the park or the swimming pool.

Finally, since it may be hot out, make sure to use sunscreen and drink lots of water. Hydration is important, and so is taking care of your skin!

Thank you all for reading this article. My favourite part of this article is the accessories since you can do so much with them! I hope you found something you liked! I wish you all a very nice day and I hope to see you in the next issue.

Status