DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 89

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Server Spotlight

Lifestyle

Art Under the Summer Sun
Feature
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by snotflower

Hello and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! With summer in our court, it’s time to get into the festivities that come with it! With no school in session, now’s the moment to relax and enjoy the fun. For me, these hot days make me think of one thing: I have more time to create! This is to be expected; I’m a part of the Media department, after all. But there’s an outlet the department provides, whether you’re eager to create more art or just want to do a fun craft: the Monthly Art Giveaways!

The Monthly Art Giveaway is hosted by the Media Leadership team. Every last day of the month, a new prompt is posted on the forums. Don’t check the forums often? No worries! You can keep up-to-date with current giveaway news through #announcements on the Potterworld Discord!

Any type of art form you dabble in is allowed to be submitted. Whether it be a digital or traditional drawing, photography or rendering, or even writing, you’re welcome to participate! The only thing you can’t change is the prompt.

The final thing you need to keep in mind is where you can submit it. To enter your artwork into the giveaway, you must post your submission on the Art Discord, which you can join here! In the appropriately named #monthly-giveaway channel, you just need to post your work along with your IGN in order to enter.

Submissions are due two days before the end of the month. The winner is randomly selected and announced on the final day of the month. They’re rewarded 150 Potter Points and 100 House points! Quite a steal, if I do say so myself.

For the month of June, the prompt was “celebrating pride”. The winner was Euflora, who made a beautiful painting showcasing Pride at Portovenere, the recent Pride Event. I loved seeing all of the ways she incorporated the theme into her piece! I personally adored the collectables she dressed up her character with, especially the Pride Dragon Plushie. It was easily the best cosmetic of the event, and it really deserves more fame, in my opinion.

The July 2023 Monthly Art Giveaway was posted a week ago, and for this month, the prompt is “summer activities”! It’s an appropriate prompt, as July is the hottest month of the year for us in the Northern Hemisphere. I’m already dreaming of the fun things you can do during summer! Of course, you could visit the beach in a trendy new swimsuit, but how could you pick that over travelling into the woods and camping? Neither of those has the excitement of amusement parks, though, or the variety of shopping at the mall. There’s just so much to choose from!

If you’re looking to participate, remember to jump into the Art Discord to get to know the competition before joining. There’s no harm in submitting, and you might even win! Submissions close on July 29, so make sure to have something in by then! You can learn more about the current giveaway here.

I can’t wait to see everyone’s submissions! And, honestly, learning about the Monthly Art Giveaways has got me excited. Maybe you’ll see something of mine later this month…?

Thank you to the Media Leadership team for hosting these giveaways! Have a magical day and enjoy the rest of the issue!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Drooble’s Order Update
Editorial
Written by MintyEagle
Edited by Calliequeen

Greetings, magicians, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner. Over a year ago, Drooble’s Order came out as a subscription service that players can purchase to receive exclusive items and features. Recently, the Store Team brought a major update to Drooble’s Order.

With the update, buyers can get access to a bunch of newly-added perks. The most awaited addition was the Drooble's Order broom, a design that was chosen from a player poll. Being a part of the Order doesn't just grant you a bunch of cool collectables, but also gives you priority on the Potterworld Discord and is placed higher on the player list than non-subscribers. Finally, you can now opt in or out of using emojis on the server chat. You can change this setting from the subscriber GUI.

If the broom didn't get you excited, wait until you hear about a few other perks subscribers will receive. Buyers will receive a star icon next to their username in chat and in the player tab. There is a Droobledore-themed hat and wand appearance, matching with the new broom. Along with the wand, you receive the Droobify spell, which makes Droobledore appear and launches fireworks. You can also have a pet Drooblebaby walking along with you during adventures. On top of all this, there is still so much more that comes with Drooble’s Order.

If you’re thinking about subscribing to Drooble’s Order, you can go to the store on Potterworld’s website, or do /store in-game. Once there, you can choose between a one-month, three-month, and six-month subscription. Now, your purchase can renew itself by clicking to see more details on Drooble’s Order and then choosing to subscribe.

Thanks to the Store Team for working hard to make all of this possible. Also, due to player feedback, Drooble’s Order is as good as ever. If you have any suggestions, let us know. Make sure you check out Drooble’s Order! Until then, thank you for reading the Daily Diviner, and have a magical day!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Highlighting Our Team
Student Spotlight
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by littledead

Welcome back to the Server Spotlight category of the Daily Diviner! Today, we have an exciting team overview for you – it’s on our own team! I think we can all agree that we’re the best team to review our team, without a doubt. You see us produce a lot of content every other week, but how much do you really know about our team?

For starters, our team is separated into two roles: Editors and Writers. As you could expect, they’re pretty straightforward.

We start with our Writers, who create outlines before writing articles. Most of us write an article every issue, but some write less and others write more. It’s all up to how we’re feeling week-to-week.

Editors are truly the backbone of the team. While they only work with finished articles, our publications would be in a ruined state without them. In just a few days before a new issue, they work with Writers to finalize the articles they’ve written.

We also have an additional rank, Producer. They’re the only reason we’re able to get stuff done on time, quite honestly! We have four Producers in total, including our Advisor and Lead. They each lead a different article category and develop future article ideas.

Everyone else only sees our finished project, but we’re constantly working behind the scenes. Luckily, we have a pretty set schedule to get stuff done.

First, usually on a Friday, the Producers assign articles to Writers. We have until the following Wednesday to work and design our outline for whatever we were assigned. Each of us has our own style of writing outlines. It might be boring for school essays, but we have fun adding quirks to our notes!

After outlines, we get a week to write our articles. There’s nothing special about it unless we’re setting up interviews and consuming content to write them better. After that week, we send our articles to our Editor. In the four-day editing period, there’s a lot of communication that happens between each Writer and their Editor. While they’re amazing at catching small grammar mistakes, it’s also their job to bring our article to life. As a team, we finalize an article we’re both proud of.

The articles are finished and ready to go by the end of Friday. A Producer reads over the article to catch any final mistakes and confirms it’s up to standards. Then it’s time for publishing!

The Producers create the forum post and add the fun colours you can find in every article. They make sure the graphics are in place along with any links that need to be coded into the post. After it’s all good to go, they publish it and send out the announcement in #media-updates on Discord.

That all sounds pretty interesting, right? You’re so wanting to join our team now, right? Well, you’re just in luck! We currently have Editor applications open here, and we’d love to have you a part of our Daily Diviner family. While Writer isn’t open, they both have the same requirements: you must be at least 14 years old, be level 51 or higher, and have a Discord and Google account.

It can be daunting at first – so much communication can be a lot. Don’t worry, we get it. But as a team that chats every day, it’s easy to relax when you’re surrounded by friends. I cannot think of a closer team than the Daily Diviner team.

The entire Staff team is a special experience, but constantly working on creating issues as a team is something else entirely. We love sharing our work with you all, and we hope you’ve enjoyed learning about our team! From us to you, thank you for supporting the Daily Diviner, and may we see you again.

Do you want to be featured in a future Server Spotlight article? Fill out our form here for a chance to be in our next Server Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

The New Magician’s Travel Guide
Lifestyle
Written by Silquer
Edited by bluecherub

Hello dear readers, and welcome back to the Lifestyle column! With most schools out for the summer, many new players may be overwhelmed as they enter Potterworld for the first time. After all, there are so many quests, people, and locations to discover! If you are among these new players, this article is for you. As for the experienced players: this is a great opportunity to brush up on your knowledge. Here are some helpful tips for exploring Hogsworth and surrounding areas!

Hogsworth is a big castle, so it can be difficult to find your way around. There are countless halls, secret passages, and hidden nooks. Thankfully, there is a simple way to go wherever you need to at any time: Prefects. You can find them in nearly every major location in Hogsworth, and they offer fast travel to many locations you might frequent while questing or exploring. If you are unsure where to find one, the most easily-accessible Prefect is just inside the Grand Staircase entrance. On the other hand, if you enjoy the journey more than the destination, you can speak to Scarlett just outside of the Great Hall to get directions for locations such as the Library, the Common Rooms, and other fascinating destinations.

The world map outside of Hogsworth can be daunting in size, but there is a way to travel instantly! Fire Dust Travel is a quick and convenient way to travel across the map to any town that you have previously visited. To get started, the Great Hall has a fireplace with a small golden pot. Once you decide on your destination, you can step into the green fire and find yourself halfway across the world. Some time ago, players would have to use Fire Dust Powder to travel. More recently, all players can travel for free, so there is no reason to delay getting out into the world and experiencing everything!

One of the first cities a new player can explore is London. You might not guess this just from looking at the map; it’s so far away! However, the journey can be made shorter with the help of Hogsend’s train station. Speak to the Conductor on the station platform to take the train. Once in London, simply exit the train, explore platform 9 ½, and go through the secret exit to enter the Unmagical world of London! Now, you have access to one of the biggest locations in Potterworld, and you can return to Hogsend from the train at any time.

While in London, you might want to explore. Unfortunately for new players, London is one of the largest locations, and it can be challenging to learn your way around. Diagonal Alley, King’s Cross, and St. Merlin’s Hospital all seem so far away from each other. New players are in luck; the Knight Shuttle is here to help! The Knight Shuttle is a purple bus just outside of King’s Cross Station that allows you to fast travel to some iconic locations in London. You can use the bus to travel anywhere you need to in one of Potterworld’s largest locations!

This final tip is for those who want to stop and smell the roses as they travel. Brooms are a wonderfully useful tool when journeying to brand new towns and discovering new places. You can craft them by questing and slowly upgrade to better speeds. Although progress will be slow at first, as you upgrade your broom, you will be able to get around much faster! Here is one small bonus tip: use your Warp Key! You can use the Warp Key to choose some of your favorite or most frequented destinations without needing Fire Dust or any other transportation. Combined with a trusty broom, the Warp Key will make traveling much easier.

Now armed with some of my best tips to get around Potterworld’s vast map, how will you get around the server? Be sure to enjoy exploration, and certainly don’t be afraid to get lost every once in a while. You can always warp back somewhere safe. Happy travels!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Things To Do On Potterworld
Lifestyle
Written by whoohoo
Edited by snotflower

Hello, dear readers of the Daily Diviner, and welcome to the second Lifestyle article of this issue! With many of us in the middle of summer, you might find yourself with extra time on your hands. If you’re unsure what to do, worry not! In this article, I’ll give you some ideas to do on Potterworld when you are bored!

First, doing quests can be a lot of fun. You can complete them alone or with a friend. People are always around to help or just hang out! Quests are located all over the map, and they are a mix of exploration, puzzles, fighting and more. Each school year, including graduate, has quests bound to it. You can unlock more quests by levelling up.

Another fun activity is attending classes. My favourites are definitely Creative Writing and Flying. There are a multitude of other topics as well, and you can learn about a variety of different topics! When you complete a class, you also earn Academic Credits, which you can trade in for Gold or Experience. There are scheduled classes that are hosted at the same day and time each week, and there are also surprise classes throughout the day! You can do /nc in game to see the next scheduled class, or check the Calendar on the website for the Class Schedule.

Another possible option is to go exploring. I have heard from a lot of people that this is fun to do, and I also personally enjoy it. You can travel the map on your own or with a group of people. Exploration is really great because you can find details in the builds and admire them. You can also find places to relax and just hang out in. My favourite places to explore are definitely Walden and Rushstone!

Next, I’d suggest trying some minigames on the server by using the /games command and choosing a game to queue up for. A few different games you can pick from are Hide and Seek, Arena 1v1, Flying, Melting Floor and more! You can complete minigame dailies in /daily for House points, Gold and Experience!

You can also simply choose a spot on the server and host your own version of these games! Maybe you could play hide and seek in Diagonal Lane or tag in the Great Hall. Duelling in the Dueling Halls is also a great way to practise your duelling skills and have a great time!

Finally, your housing is your own personal place where you can build and store items. You can access it by doing /home in chat! You can change the scenery and do whatever you want with it. I personally love building and just hanging out with my friends on my housing. You can also own your own shop where you can sell items. Plus, you can buy from other players’ shops at their housings, which you can visit by doing /housing [IGN].

Thank you all so much for reading this article. I hope you have found some new things you can do on the server. My favourite parts are definitely housing and exploring. I hope you all have a nice day, and I’ll see you in the next issue!

Status