DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Server Spotlight

Lifestyle

Another Successful PW-tober
Feature
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by bluecherub

Hello lovely readers, and welcome to the Feature column! For those of you that may not know, the WizNetworker team plans, organizes and posts content onto Potterworld’s various social media platforms as well as hosts serverwide giveaways and contests. Usually, the WizNetworker team hosts a giveaway each month with a different theme. Using the theme, students submit various artworks in order to be entered into the raffle.

This past month has been especially unique as instead of a singular prompt for the month, the WizNetworker team released a new prompt each day during the entire month of October in celebration of PW-tober!

Some of you may be wondering, ‘What exactly is PW-tober?’ PW-tober is Potterworld’s version of Inktober. Some of the prompts included in PW-tober include potions, shadows, the Dark Forest and a sea creature! To enter, people used various mediums to convey their artwork. Some people built something in Minecraft and took a picture of it, some used watercolors, some rendered, and more! Each day had something new.

The wonderful thing about PW-tober is that if you chose to submit your artwork each day, you were automatically entered into a raffle for each day that you completed your art piece for the prompt. The only rules were that the art had to be your own and your art for the day’s prompt had to be submitted by 11:59pm PST that day. The winner would receive House points and the opportunity to pick between a wand model or a hat model to use and wear in-game.

The winner of this year’s PW-tober happened to be a player named trashdotcom! They submitted a new watercolor that they had painted for each of the 31 days of PW-tober. One of my favorite submissions of trashdotcom’s is of a corgi going trick-or-treating. What a cute and clever dog!

I hope you consider joining in on the fun next year as PW-tober is an unforgettably fun experience. Tune in this month for November’s Monthly Giveaway! The theme this time around is ‘prehistoric’. In the meantime, have a wonderful day. This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

The Jurassic Age Is Upon Us
Editorial
Written by whoohoo
Edited by LMNJ

Welcome, dear witches and wizards, to this new Editorial article! I am grateful to see you here once more. Today we will be talking about the Jurassic Store Releases! I will cover each item and more!

The items released for this month were mostly all themed from the Jurassic age, with an exception for the raccoon pet. These store releases are perfect for people who love raccoons and dinosaurs!

The list of new pets are: Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Velociraptor, Pterodactyl and the Raccoon. As you can see, they are mostly dinosaurs. The Stegosaurus pet is a mostly coppery red colour, with the bottom and its feet being brown. It has a few yellow spots on its sides. I like this dinosaur because it looks like a potato with spikes on its back, and I think that is adorable.

The Triceratops is mostly blue, mixed in with yellow, which reminds me of the diamond and gold ores in the game. It makes it stand out, yet it looks beautiful at the same time. It has cute little horns.

The Velociraptor pet is green, with the details on its back being a darker green and the bottom of his neck and belly being white. This dinosaur has razor sharp teeth and claws and I always thought it was cool because of that, thus making it my favourite dinosaur since childhood.

The Pterodactyl pet is different shades of yellow that complement the other perfectly, looking almost the same shade at first glance until you look closer. This pet also came with its own broom variant, which is the same but bigger and looks just as amazing!

The pet Raccoon looks like a normal raccoon you can spot outside in the wild, yet it captures the animal perfectly and makes you love and adore it as much as you can! I like raccoons because they look cuddly, even if they are often not.

The other item released was a new housing scenery, called Prehistoric Scenery. The housing has a gate that is inspired by the Jurassic Park movies gate. It has a volcano, a meteor and a T-rex statue! I am very excited to get this housing myself.

The last item of this release is the Dino Wand, it is shaped like a purple dinosaur with blue details over it. There is a golden circle and small stars around its head and it is absolutely adorable!

I love all of these items, but the wand and the Stegosaurus are definitely my favourite ones from this release! I think this release is mostly made for people who love dinosaurs, with a hint of love for raccoons. I cannot wait to obtain all of these items!

Thank you all for reading and I hope you have a Jurassic day. Make sure to check out the releases yourself to see what they are! Which one is your favourite?

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Giant Spiders and Delicious Candy
Server Spotlight
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by Calliequeen

Hello lovely readers, and welcome back to the Server Spotlight column! Do you remember back when you received permission to head into the Dark Forest for the first time? How about when you first got to visit Hogsend? What were those experiences like for you? I remember being terrified of being attacked in the Dark Forest. The forest is filled with such ferocious creatures, and some of them love to attack in swarms. Just thinking about it causes a shiver to go down my spine.

I got to talk to a second year student at Hogsworth who told me about their recent experience in the Dark Forest. The Grounds Keeper had been struggling to keep the arachtellas- or giant spiders, if you're not up to date on your Magical Creatures Studies- off campus grounds. Now, this student told me that they brewed the arachnicide themselves, which is a testament to their academic experience to know how to do such a thing in the first place, before finding the arachtellas' nest, fighting off the onslaught of territorial spiders and planting the poison. I was quite stunned that the student before me was not only trusted with such a task but had survived to tell the tale! The intelligence, bravery, cunning and loyalty of these students never ceases to astonish me.

As I continued talking with this second year student, they told me how they were recently given permission to visit Hogsend. To get there, the second year students must go to the boathouse on school grounds where they row across the lake to the town. They told me how they went there to check out Honeysweets, the local candy shop. If you are lucky enough, Sugar Plum, the owner of Honeysweets, may teach you how to make some delicious sweets yourself!

From having adventures in the Dark Forest to shopping for candy, the second years seem to be having the time of their lives. I cannot wait to see how these students turn out. As the next generation, they certainly have a bright future ahead of them. This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner, signing off.

Do you want to be featured in a future Server Spotlight article? Fill out our form here for a chance to be in our next Server Spotlight!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Creative Conjuring: How to Use Combat Spells in Your Daily Life!
Lifestyle
Written by yakko__
Edited by Calliequeen

Greetings, Daily Diviner readers! In this article, I’ll be showing you how you can level up your spellcasting creativity at home! I’ll be focusing on combat spells today, but you can use these hacks to help you come up with your own ideas. But what is a combat spell? As the name suggests, it’s any spell that you’d use in a fight or duel. From Vermillio to Devoronox, the options are vast. But what about our readers who don’t fight? What’s the point of learning these spells if you’re never going to use them? That’s where this article comes in! A surprising number of combat spells can assist you with your daily life. To start off, let’s talk charms!

Charms
Baulectrium is a spell that electricutes your opponents with lightning, but with a lightning rod, it can serve as a renewable energy source! Hook up batteries to these lightning rods, and they will be recharged–for non-magical electronics, you won’t have to worry about buying batteries ever again.

To trap your enemies, Immobilio will halt anyone in range. Of course, if your enemies are household pests, it will work just as well! For any parents reading, if your children are getting themselves into danger or poking around things they shouldn’t, cast a quick Immobilio on them to give you time to catch up!

On the topic of freezing, our final charm is Blizzix. This spell summons snow! Summer heat getting to you? Having trouble keeping your food and drink cold on a picnic? A temporary blizzard can help you out!

Jinxes
Our first jinx is Risiomento, which causes uncontrollable laughter. Are you or one of your friends feeling down? Risiomento will boost your mood! Be careful, though! Uncontrollable and unending laughter is…well, it’s no laughing matter!

Next up is Obscurio. This jinx summons magical energies that will block your target’s view. How can that be used in your daily life, you ask? Easy! Have you ever been out and about and seen someone you didn’t want to talk to? Casting Obscurio before they notice you opens up an easy escape. No more awkward social interactions, thank you! For anyone with roommates that won’t turn the light off when you want to sleep, cast Obscurio on yourself. Just remember to cancel it once you’re ready to start your day!

Our final spell, Leviocorpum, is surprisingly useful. For a few seconds, this spell will levitate the person it’s been cast on. Need a stool? Not anymore! Leviocorpum will ensure that you have no problems reaching high shelves. For our shorter readers, if there’s a seat that’s a bit too tall for you to get onto, have this spell in your arsenal. Lighten up–literally!

Wow! I bet you’d never thought about using combat spells for these situations before. It’s important to be creative and use your imagination. It doesn’t matter what a spell was meant to do. All that matters is what you can use them for. Have fun, try something new, and show off your creativity! Just remember the most important rule of experimentation: stay safe! Be sure to never use these spells to hurt anyone in a non-combat situation, and always be ready to cancel these spells. Better to be safe than sorry!

Now, you’re ready to level up your casting. You’ll never know all the ways you can use spells until you’ve tried!

Status