DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Special Edition: Butterbrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Welcome, one and all, to the yearly Butterbrew Event! I will be your tour guide through the streets of Hogsend this year as we celebrate butterbrew in a spectacular carnival. I can assume you’ve seen the bright orange flags of the town from here, so without further ado, let’s get started down the main streets.

Mind your step going through the archway, and say hello to Kevin as you pass our lovely mascot by! Welcome to the heart of Hogsend. In celebration of this year’s butterbrew celebration, we’ve decked out the streets with streamers and flags of orange and white. Ornaments and garlands decorate the buildings as well, meticulously placed. I’m sure your senses have immediately picked out the smell of butterbrew spice, too. It’s thick in this area, the scent of which is leading us to the Broomsticks Inn over to the left of the town square.

Through the many carnival stands (we’ll get to those in a moment) and through the double doors is the pride of Hogsend, the Broomsticks Inn. Dimly lit, cosy, and slathered in orange and white, our inn is the place to go for the finest butterbrew in the country. Just smell that delicious spice in the air! Oh, and the food is to die for. The inn provides us with our meals all festival long, so make sure to stop by here when you’re starting to feel hungry. There’s plenty of food and butterbrew to go around!

Follow me just outside, where we will revisit the many carnival stands scattered on the street sides. To our right is Casimir, who is running a balloon popping stand. Test your aim for special balloons of your own! Just further up here is Violet, with her minigame of Ingredient Drop. Get enough game tickets at this stand, and you may just win a special plush panda to accompany you through the carnival. Let’s go further up the street and take a right, down here… aha! There’s Rory standing at the food-eating contest table. Test the gusto of your stomach at this table to win some food-themed rewards!

What do you think of Hogsend so far? Well, it’s time to explore just beyond the town limits. We passed the local farmers running these stands on our way in.

Just outside of the town, under the deep orange trees of the forest, is the rest of the carnival. Over here, we have the petting zoos! In this pen are the fuzzy flufflepuffs, over there are the lively lunarcalves, and by the river are the mischievous otters. The benches and tables nearby are perfect for enjoying a snack while watching the animals play.

Looks like we’ve run out of things to explore, but I’m sure there are many quests and activities scattered around that I haven’t shown you. Nevertheless, I hope you’ve enjoyed our tour of the Butterbrew Event! Please enjoy wandering around our town for the remainder of the event. Have a great time at the carnival!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Hello lovely readers! The Butterbrew festival is quickly approaching, and the students of Hogsworth are eagerly awaiting to fill their stomachs with a delicious sip. I would like to share with you, dearest reader, some glossed-over details about this fragrant drink. The story of how Hogsend came to be the home of butterbrew is a tale that is not often told.

Our tale starts with a young boy named Hans Bauer. Hans Bauer grew up in Munich, Germany, learning the family brewery business. They would exclusively make bitter drinks for festivals like the Oktoberfest. However, Hans grew tired of this tradition and wanted to make something sweet that people of all ages would enjoy.

He went to work at once, tinkering with various flavours and ingredients in order to make the perfect brew. He went through about 200 possible flavours until he arrived at the combination of cream soda, vanilla ice cream, and a drizzle of butterscotch that is the butterbrew we know today!

I would now like to introduce Mary Collins, Hogsworth's resident historian! Let's see if she has information to tell us regarding the renowned Butterbrew festival.

Hiya Mary! When was the first time you tried butterbrew?
Well, I've been drinking butterbrew for a long time, but the first time I remember having it, I was having a bad day. I was about 4 years old and I was having fun playing with my dollies. My parents wanted to go to the festival but I wanted to stay home. I remember crying and dragging my feet, hoping that they'd turn back around and give up. However, they persisted, my dad carrying me on his shoulders so that we could arrive faster. As soon as we got there, my dad set me down while my mom went to grab us some butterbrew. At first I refused to drink it because it was the source of all my problems, but after some prodding from my mom, I gave it a try. It was like all things sweet and happy, bundled up into a single sip – and I had a whole mug of it! I remember continuously asking for another after I finished each drink.

Wow! It seems like you have some special memories from the festival. Do you know how butterbrew came to Hogsend?
Yes! Not many people know, but Hans himself was invited personally by the owners of Broomstick Inn. They were wandering the streets while on vacation during the Oktoberfest when they came across his newest invention. Not many people were adventurous enough to try the drink, but they did, and they were so impressed that they sent him a boat ticket, gave him an address, and requested that he come straight here to Hogsend! He wasted no time and immediately left for the Broomsticks Inn. Ever since, Hogsend has always been home to the famous refreshment.

I would like to thank Mary Collins for her time. I certainly learned a lot about butterbrew! I can already tell this year's festival is going to be a memorable experience. In the meantime, have a lovely day! This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Hello my dear readers, and welcome to this article of the Butterbrew Special Edition! While exploring the carnival, you may find yourself in need of a cool treat to chase away the heat with. What better way to get out of the sun than to sit under a tree and eat some cold butterbrew-themed desserts! Here are some recipes you can make yourself and enjoy during the festival.

The first is a simple-to-make butterbrew ice cream. You will need: 2 ¼ cups chilled heavy whipping cream, 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk, 2 oz butter, ½ cup sugar, and 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract.

To start, in a pan over medium-low heat, combine the butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and only ¼ of the whipping cream. Stir carefully for fifteen minutes, then set aside as soon as it becomes a sauce. Then, in a stand mixer, whip the rest of the cream and add the condensed milk once it has thickened. Whip again until the mixture is thick and smooth, then pour in the cooled sauce and mix until combined. Pour it into a paper-lined pan, let it freeze overnight, and there you go! Butterbrew ice cream ready for eating after a long day at the carnival.

The second recipe is butterbrew ice cream sandwiches. To make the sandwich cookies, you will need: 1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 large eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 box of butterscotch pudding powder, 2 ¾ cups of flour, and 1 cup each of white chocolate and butterscotch chips.

First, mix the butter, brown and granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a stand mixer. In a separate bowl, whisk the salt, baking soda, and butterscotch pudding powder, then add it to the wet mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips, mix well, and chill in the freezer. Spoon small cookie-sized balls onto a baking sheet and bake the mixture for 9 minutes at 375 Fahrenheit. Make sure they’re baked all the way through before taking them out! When the cookies are finished, let them cool on a cooling rack. To make the sandwiches, take two cookies and smush vanilla ice cream in-between! If you want an extra butterbrew-y sandwich, switch out the ice cream with the butterbrew ice cream above!

The final recipe is a scrumptious butterbrew milkshake. You will need: 2 cups vanilla ice cream, 1 cup whole milk, and 2 tablespoons of butterscotch pudding powder. This recipe is super simple. All you need to do is put all of the ingredients in a blender for thirty seconds to a minute (be careful not to over-blend it) until it’s smooth. After blending, immediately put it in the fridge and let it cool. Once you’ve deemed it cold enough, take it out and pour the shake into a chilled glass and enjoy this portable drink!

What do you think? Do any of these recipes stand out to you? I hope you try at least one of them! My personal favorite is the milkshake. It’s quick, easy, and the perfect drink to bring to the carnival. Good luck with your baking, and have a great rest of your time at the carnival!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Hello lovely readers and welcome back to the Daily Diviner Special Edition! The Butterbrew Festival is an event hosted every year where we get to celebrate the delicious drink with some exciting activities. Today we will go over three of the best activities that you can do at this year’s Butterbrew Festival. Let’s jump right in!

The first activity that we have suggested is a butterbrew dunk tank! The idea of sitting above a container of butterbrew, waiting for someone to hit the target is a thrill in itself. There are so many things to do with a dunk tank, such as daring your friends to take turns sitting in the chair while everyone throws pumpkins at the target. When someone finally hits the target, the seat will drop, sending your friend plummeting into the butterbrew and leaving them all sticky.

The second activity that we have lined up for you is bobbing for apples! It’s a traditional activity at most festivals, but this time we’re switching the water with butterbrew! In the end you will get sticky, but that’s part of the fun when you’re bobbing for apples.

The final activity that we have planned for you is juggling containers of butterbrew. This is more simple than the other two activities listed above. This activity can be enjoyed by everyone as even if they don’t know how to juggle, it can be an exciting learning experience! The most containers that can probably be juggled are three. It’s always fun to try new things even if you’ve never juggled before.

Alright, lovely readers, this is the end of the article and the end of our activities. Which of the listed activities are you most excited to take part in at the Butterbrew Festival? I know that I’m excited to trick my friends into taking part in the dunk tank. This has been x_Ivy reporting for the Daily Diviner!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Good morning, night, and day, remarkable readers! Welcome to the Daily Diviner’s butterbrew-themed Special Edition. In this article, we’ll be diving into an exciting Mad Libs! For those unaware of what Mad Libs is, it’s a game where readers get to fill in the blanks to create their own story. I’ll add what type of word would work best for the blank! Don’t worry if you’re still confused. I’ll give an example for the first couple of blanks. Let’s get started!

The atmosphere was ___(Adjective. Ex; giddy) as she ___(Verb. Ex; pushed) through the crowd. The scent of butterscotch and ___(Your favorite butterbrew ingredient! Ex; cinnamon) wafting through the air was sickly sweet and somewhat nostalgic, thoughts of past Butterbrew Carnivals held here plaguing her mind.

Her feet dragged her through the bustling crowd ___(Adverb), stopping and stalling at every booth she set her eyes on. There were so many games to play, with lots of butterbrew-themed prizes! She was ___(Adjective) to see what prizes she could win. Before she knew it, her feet- with a mind of their own- stalked into the line for a game of ___(Your favorite carnival game!)!

The game proved to be (a/an) ___(Noun) as she hoisted her giant prize and headed off to her next location, going wherever the crowd seemed to travel. She found herself in the rides section and felt her heart thumping in excitement! She rushed forward to claim her spot in line for the most ___(Adjective) ride.

After the ride, she settled down on a bench, feet too tired to trek on. Digging through her bag, she found that she could not find her ___(Noun)! Where did she have it last? Could it be by the rides? Or perhaps by the carnival games? She decided to retrace her steps. With utter determination and a heart full of ___(Noun), she searched high and low.

After what seemed like hours, she finally found what she had been looking for. Her heavy heart eased, and ___(emotion) filled her once again. At last, she could continue exploring the ___(Adjective) Butterbrew Carnival!

That’s all for that fun Mad Libs activity! What did you think? Was it fun? Thank you for reading this article in the Daily Diviner’s Butterbrew Edition! If you have any other fun activity ideas for future articles do feel free to reach out to a Daily Diviner Producer- or any of the Daily Diviner team! Read you next time in the Daily Diviner!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

When Huang Kailing lands smack dab in the middle of neon lights and flashing displays, she is a little confused.

Okay, not just a little. Really, really confused.

She checks the chopstick in her hand, studying the dragon-shaped gold carving entwined around the top. It’s definitely not the wrong warp key—she has heard Professor Xie boast of its intricate craftsmanship many times and knows its details by heart—but why had it brought her here?

Kailing glances around, studying the area around her. There are several signs advertising butterbrew, and in between stalls selling the drink are what appear to be several…games. It looks remarkably like a carnival, and nothing like the place for a final exam.

Opening the letter tucked in her pocket, she reads:

Your objectives are:
Win 10 carnival prizes
Obtain the Butterbrew Trophy
Gain a friend and their contact information
Failure to do so before the festival’s end in three hours will result in your expulsion.
Professor Xie

There is no mistaking her mentor’s immaculate calligraphy, so Kailing eyes the game directly in front of her: Whac-a-Niffly. She’s quite bad at the game, but there’s nothing magic can’t solve, so she marches forward, and with a wave of her wand, the mallet hovers next to her.

She presses the start button. Immediately, toy Nifflies begin popping out of the holes, but the hammer smacks them on the head the moment they appear. The number in front of Kailing quickly climbs into the thousands, and by the end of the sixty seconds, everyone nearby is staring at her in amazement.

“Is that enough for a prize?” she asks the worker standing nearby.

“Um, ma’am,” the woman stammers. “You’re not supposed to use magic to win. I’m sorry—”

“There is no issue. May I try again?”

“O—of course!”

Kailing is not nearly as successful the second time, only managing to hit ten Nifflies. With a sigh, she rolls up her sleeves, ready to try again.

. . .​

Ten-plushies-stuffed-unceremoniously-into-her-bag later, Kailing finds herself at the brewing station, listening to the rules of the competition. Her team, consisting of her and two strangers named Alex and Oscar, will have access to any of the ingredients they can manage to collect in the ten minutes given to preparing the beverage. The best drink will be awarded the Butterbrew Trophy.

With a ring of a bell, the competition begins.

Her teammates put her in charge of mixing the actual drink as they scour the carnival for the necessary ingredients. This turns out to be a mistake because—well, Kailing hasn’t actually ever had butterbrew before. But still, she did not expect things to go this horribly. The final product—at least, according to the judges—tastes nothing like the original drink.

“I am very sorry,” Kailing said after the results were announced. “I have never had the pleasure of tasting butterbrew before, so this is completely my own fault.”

Oscar simply bows and leaves, but Alex stares at her with some amusement and asks, “You participated without trying the drink?”

Kailing flushes. “It is part of my final exam.”

Alex raises a single eyebrow and laughs. “How ‘bout this—I take you to drink butterbrew and you tell me the full story. Deal?”

“Alright.”

. . .​

“I take it you don’t like it?” Alex asks, chortling at the look of disgust on her face.

“It is much too sweet,” Kailing says.

They shrug. “Yeah, it’s pretty sugary, but that’s part of the appeal. Obviously not for everyone, though. What would you change?”

After a moment of thought, she says, “I would add cardamom and nutmeg to make it a little more complex. The ice cream is unnecessary, given that the cream soda already provides vanilla flavoring. The whipped cream is quite nice though, and—why are you smiling? Am I saying something incorrect?”

“Oh, no, no. You’re doing great. Do you want to go back to the brewing competition?”

“I—what? Now?”

“Yes! You have a final exam to complete, don’t you?”

“I mean, yes, but don’t I need more preparation? I have barely—”

“Nope! Your idea was fantastic—and besides, you have me with you. This can’t go wrong!”

“I—if you say so,” Kailing stammers, and lets herself be dragged away.

. . .​

After the results are announced and the two are given the trophy as their prize, Kailing approaches Alex. “Thank you for your help today.”

They glance up, mindlessly spinning the golden cup in their hands around a finger. “Oh, you’re still here? I thought you would have fled with your trophy already.”

“I’m not quite done yet,” Kailing admits. “I, um…needyouraddress.”

“What was that?”

She flushes, and repeats, with her hands balled at her sides and teeth gritted, “I. Need. Your. Address.”

“Oh my,” they say, placing a hand on their chest. “You actually care about me. Unless…” Their eyes widen comically. “You’re trying to murder me! Oh my god, please don’t do it, Kailing! Please! Have mercy on poor Alex, who dedicated a whole hour of their day to helping you! Please, please, please—”

“Shut up,” Kailing snaps. “This is for my exam. I need the contact information of someone.”

“Someone?” They smirk, waving their wand, materializing a quill and piece of parchment out of thin air. “Or, perhaps…a friend?”

A silent staredown ensures. Eventually, Kailing breaks and groans. “Yes, I need the contact information of a friend. Are you happy now?”

“Quite.” Alex hands her the sheet of parchment, where their address is scribbled. “I hope to hear from you soon. Let me know how your graduation goes, okay?”

She smiles and tucks the page carefully into her bag. “Of course.” Taking the other chopstick—this time with a phoenix pattern—from her pocket, she takes a deep breath and waits. Almost immediately, Kailing is jerked forward, speeding halfway across the world.

. . .​

“Welcome back.”

“Professor Xie.” Kailing bows. “I have completed your task.”

“As expected,” the elderly woman says. “Do not believe yourself to be lesser because of the supposed simplicity of your final—there is no one in this school who does not recognize your talent in magic and academia. No, I assigned you this task to see how well you would adapt to life outside these walls, and you have performed wonderfully. Did you enjoy yourself?”

Kailing does not hesitate. “Yes.”

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

“Reyna!”

The woman’s head groggily turned to face her husband, who was bouncing with excitement. “Vincent? Why are you up? It’s 6 a.m...“

“I know, I know, but I’ve had a breakthrough,” his mysterious nature piqued the interest of Reyna, who seemed eager to see why he was excited. “I found the perfect butterbrew recipe!”

Reyna’s eyes lit up with the news. “Oh honey, that’s amazing! Maybe we can finally make some sales, and-“

The woman was interrupted by a knock at the door. Vincent hobbled his way over to the door with his cane and opened it.

“Hello, my name is Cade. I take it you are Reyna and Vincent Gilbert?” They both nodded, and the young man continued. “It seems you are overdue for your recent shop shop payment for the month. Does that sound accurate?”

It only took a few seconds for the couple’s happiness to be destroyed. Vincent looked defeated, letting out a sigh. “That would be correct, yes. We’ve had some trouble lately, but I'm positive business will improve soon.”

“If not, I'm afraid that your brewery will, unfortunately, have to be shut down. You will have one more week to submit your payments.” With that, Cade closed the door and left. Reyna looked like she had seen a ghost as Vincent anxiously paced back and forth.

“We’ll be fine, dear. I know that it won’t come to closing the brewery.” She gave her husband an affectionate smile, and embraced him in a hug.

“I know. I may have an idea of how to save the brewery.”

“And what could that be?”

Vincent’s smile shifted, “Sabotage. Brew and Buy is our main competition, correct? Ever since they came in, our sales have dropped tremendously.”

“That is true…but what if we get caught?”

“We won’t, I promise.”

Reyna frowned, but she finally decided to give in. “Fine. We can gather some materials, but nothing permanent.”

With that, the couple went their separate ways. While Reyna went to get lemons and salt, Vincent went to buy markers and red paint. Only a few hours later, the couple met up again outside Brew and Buy.

“Did you get the secret ingredients?”

Reyna nodded slowly, opening the basket carrying the items. “This is what you wanted, right?”

A more endearing smile reappeared on Vincent’s face. “Yes, those are perfect. Thank you for doing this with me.”

“Of course. Although I don’t always agree with you, I know how important the brewery is.”

After the couple shared a short hug, they decided to split up. Reyna climbed through a slightly open window and fell into the first room in front of her. Luckily, it was easy to identify that it was the brewing room because of the kegs and large barrels scattered about. Meanwhile, Vincent began painting the exterior of the building with a bright red paint.

“This looks perfect. Nobody will want to enter this building just by seeing the outside.” Suddenly, his head perked up. He reached down for the markers next to him when Reyna came frantically out the window.

“Do you hear that?”

Vincent looked at her confused, and he looked through the door. A moving shadow was moving down the walls of the hallways. “I think it’s about time we get going.”

“I agree with that!” Just as the couple was about to take off, the shadow grew larger. A younger looking woman with thick, curly hair stepped out from the doorway.

“What are you doing in my brewery?” she grumbled loudly.

“This isn’t what it looks like. We like decorating places! With red paint, it’s a signature.” Vincent turned to his wife, who shook her head to confirm it.

“I never said anything, did I?” she paused to inspect the situation, “You don’t think I know who you both are?”

The couple's heads dropped. After a few minutes, Reyna finally spoke. “I have an explanation for this but-“

The owner put her fingers to her lip. “I’m aware you have your reasoning, though, may I share a story first?”

Reyna looked to Vincent, who nodded with a slight smile. “My parents made butterbrew for me when I was younger. It became a staple of my morning.” she chuckled fondly at the memory. “Over time, we found our ways and grew apart. I made this as thanks to them for being there for me during my childhood. I spend hours making food to make others feel the same comfort I did.”

It was silent for a few minutes before Reyna and Vincent began apologizing.

“I am so sorry. We weren’t aware of the situation.” Reyna bowed her head slightly for forgiveness, and she looked over at Vincent to do the same.

“Reyna shouldn't be punished for this. It was my idea. We are struggling to pay the funds to keep our brewery going, and ever since you decided to open Brew and Buy, we haven’t been that successful.”

“I wasn’t aware of your situation, and I’m truly sorry. What if we make a deal? If you help fix the damage you did, I’ll give you enough gold to pay off whatever you have missed?”

“Oh, you are an angel! Thank you so much. I think that is something we can do.”

So, the couple got to work. Along with the help of the brewery owner, they spent all day cleaning off red paint and brewing new butterbrews. By the time the brewery was back to the way it was before, the sun had already set.

“Thank you both dearly for helping me.”

“Of course, and we both appreciate your kindness and forgiveness for what we did.”

Status