DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Special Edition: Portside Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

The Daily Diviner is looking for new Editors to join our team! If you're interested, you can fill out an application here!

Hello lovely readers, and welcome to the fantastical Portovenere! I hope you got some rest before coming, as there is so much to see and do. I will be your pride-tastic tour guide through Portovenere. Let’s get started!

As soon as you arrive, you will notice the gorgeous boats and dock market stalls. These stunning sailboats and fishing boats are painted in various pride flag colors such as the transgender flag. What a welcoming sight to all! The market stalls by the docks often carry trinkets that are must-haves for any tourist visit.

Once you finish glancing through the fabulous touristy trinkets, you may want to try some of the local food. Luckily, there are a couple of eatery shops located around the docks. Whether you're starving or a bit peckish, Portside Restaurant has the best food in the entire town. I highly recommend stopping by, especially if you like to people-watch as you eat. Afterwards, make sure to stop by the Ice Cream of Portovenere shop! It's located across the market square from the Portside Restaurant. They have all sorts of flavors, but my personal favorite is mint chocolate chip!

If you'd like to visit the Town Hall and speak with Portovenere's various city council members, start walking towards the town center. The Town Hall is located further up in the mountainous area and away from the shoreline. As you enter, you'll notice that it has multiple floors with paintings, offices, and meeting rooms. This is more so where official town business takes place.

One of the most gorgeous places to visit in Portovenere is Pride Church. If you leave the dock area, take a right, and walk up the mountain, you'll see the church overlooking the ocean. This church has a historic, elegant organ that can play haunting, wistful, and soulful melodies. If you have any spare time, I highly recommend sitting a while and listening to the organist practice.

If you're looking for ways to travel about the area, the Train Station is located to the left once you leave the docks. It also has a beautiful painting of the entire town. While on your way there, if you like shopping, I recommend you stop by the Portovenere Market. Most of the locals shop here, so you'd get more of a chance to speak with those who live here! Make sure to stop and get your favorite pride flag before you leave.

I am so glad we got to see the highlights of Portovenere together! I challenge you to find your favorite spot in Portovenere, whether it's one I've mentioned or your own unique spot, and tell your friends all about it. If you give them clues as to where it is, will they be able to find it on their own? Tell us, at the Daily Diviner, how it went! In the meantime, have a pride-tastic day! This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.
1685663525964.png

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Welcome back to the Portside Pride Special Edition of the Daily Diviner! This is the first year that Portovenere is hosting a Pride festival, and there is a lot of excitement surrounding it. This festival would not have been possible without the Portovenere City Council, so I took it upon myself to interview these people. Now, let’s jump into the interviews!

Starting off with the Mayor of Portovenere, I spoke with Giulia Rossi. She is a very bubbly woman and when interviewed was thrilled to give her insight on why they chose to do the Pride festival this year!

Why did Portovenere choose to host a Pride festival this year?
“Thank you very much for asking! Portovenere is an incredibly accepting and passionate place, and I believe hosting a Pride festival is riiight up our alley! Our residents are of all orientations and genders, and I would love to bring forth such a momentous and accepting event to our town and showcase all that Portovenere has to offer!”

What does Pride mean to you?
“What Pride means to me? Oh! Pride means… so, so much to me! It is a way for myself and others to express ourselves and celebrate who we are. Pride and the ability to proudly and openly state that we are members of the LGBTQ+ community has a long, complex history that we are actively a part of today. We still have a lot to go, but Pride is a representation of all we have been through, all we are, and all we will be. Together!”

Second, I spoke to Giulia’s right-hand man, Jacopo Abate. Jacopo is Giulia’s secretary and, though he is very busy, was able to chip out a bit of time to give us the insider scoop on the challenges and triumphs of preparing for the festival.

Can you tell us about what it was like preparing for the festival?
“Ah- Yes… Yes. It was quite the, erm, stressful process, but I was delighted to be a part of it. The town really stepped up to the challenge, which- which took much of the burden off me! My poor home is just… just full of papers and documents and ink… I’m going to be stained for days, but I know we are all so… proud of our work. I cannot wait to see everyone else, too.”

“Pride is… symbolic of hope and triumph. I had quite a turbulent childhood, but Pride was always a place of comfort and familiarity. When I came out as gay and was accepted into the community, I felt such a… a feeling of comfort and trust. Pride is a family, and I am… so proud to be part of it and welcome all those who are in it.”

Next, I spoke to Caterina Bonetti, who owns and manages the flower shop in town called Mimì. When I spoke with her, her passion for gardening was glowing through her words. She spoke very quickly and had a lot to say.

What was your contribution to the preparation of the festival?
“AH! I was WAITING for this question! Okay, okay. I’m a gardener! I’m the owner of Mimì, the local flower shop in Portovenere, and I am in charge of ALL our greenhouses! Soo, obviously, I grew SO manypla- Sorry, my words, I grew SO. Many. Plants for Pride! Some of the flowers you see around the festival? Me and my shop! You guys should COME CHECK US OUT! It was an absolutehonor- Absolute. Honor to assist with the festival!”

“Acceptance! Family! Love! Pride is just such a BEAUTIFUL thing all around, and it makes me so happy to see my fellow LGBTQ+ peeps celebrating and really being themselves together. AH. My heart just SQUEEZES ANDIGETSOEXCITED- Sorry. I get. So excited, and I feel almost buzzing from it! It really means love for ourselves, for others, and that we can love who we love and love who we are no matter the odds!”

Following Caterina, I was able to speak with Ines Farin, who owns and manages the restaurant called Osteria d’Orgoglio. Ines loves cooking and had clearly found her home in the kitchen. When I interviewed her, she insisted on talking in the kitchen so she could continue to roll out pastry dough while she answered my questions.

“My contribution to this year’s Pride festival was many of the lovely baked goods and delicious foods you will find yourself snacking on. Not now, however. These are for the festival, so do not eat them. As you can see, my work doesn’t stop as I prepare extra goods. It was truly a pleasure to create my edible art for the Pride festival we are hosting.”

“Time. In my old age, I have witnessed many different parts of LGBTQ+ history, and I have known so many who are still with us and not. As a pansexual and trans woman, I have overcome many challenges in my life, but time has shown that we have the ability to grow. To change. To love. Pride means time that has come and gone, and what we will go through in the future. It is my hope that I and others in our community can stand strong together, nurturing each other and the youth. We are a community for a reason, and we must support each other - even when no one else will.”

Lastly, I spoke with Emanuele Macini, who owns and manages the Art Shop called La Mostra di Sogni. Emanuele was very reserved and spoke relatively softly, but the words that they spoke were very meaningful. After the interview, they sent me off with a beautiful flower bracelet that they had woven while we chatted.

“I… helped grow the flora around the festival. At… La Mostra di Sogni. I wanted to bring forth the life we… we see in our community shine through the flowers.”

“It means… acceptance. I feel so… respected and loved by my community. They showed me it is okay to be non-binary and… and I want others to feel that way too. I was taught to… to nurture myself like a seed that will blossom into a beautiful flower. Pride is about… accepting the different variations of flowers and loving which one we are. We are all… beautiful.”

I want to extend a huge thank you to all five members of Portovenere’s City Council for taking the time to answer my questions. I hope everyone enjoys the fabulous festival that they have put on! This was chail3y reporting for the Daily Diviner, and I hope you enjoy the rest of this issue!
1685730276284.png

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Hello and welcome back to another article in our beautiful Portside Pride Special Edition! Given the topic of the issue, I will be suggesting a few ways on how to decorate your housing for Pride!

Now, let’s start off today with the most popular option: pride flags! You can easily build them and place them in areas all over your housing. There are a lot of shapes you could turn them into, like a heart, circle, or even a pride flag path! There are many different types of pride flags you can incorporate to represent yourself and others.

Rainbows, who doesn’t love them? And considering the main pride flag is made of the six colors of the rainbow, you could include tons of colors all around your housing to show your pride! This can be done using different blocks, flowers, pictures, and more. You can even go all out and build an actual rainbow!

Do you have some empty walls that you want to fill up? Banners always do the trick; you can even use them as paintings! You can choose any color variations you want to create pride flags or to just add more color. There are a lot of variations available for pride as well, and in my opinion, they are all really cool!

Want to throw a Pride party on your housing? You can always decorate it like a birthday party but instead with pride decorations! Fun party decorations like colorful balloons can be a great addition. You can add different food items and heads for the party as well. There are endless possibilities!

You could build colored trees and foliage in pride colors for outdoor decorations like your gardens or even besides the path towards your house! Get creative using different colored wool blocks for trees and bushes as well as colored glass and woods. Try something outside your comfort zone and expand your horizons!

Thank you all so much for reading this article! I hope you liked a few of these ideas! I know for a fact I have built pride flags at least a thousand times! There are no rules to self-expression so don’t be afraid to be different and show your true self! Have a happy Pride month, and I hope to see you in the next issue of the Daily Diviner!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Pride month is all about love – loving others, loving the community, and loving yourself. It’s the best excuse, second to Valentine’s Day, to show your love to those you care about. The entire month of June is available for anyone and everyone to celebrate, but sometimes it’s a bit hard to get into. To me, dates are the best occasions for really letting your heart sing.

A date opportunity that I believe many people overlook is a chalk date! Doing art with your partner is always a great way to get to know each other, and working with chalk brings out a childlike and fun feel to it. It doesn’t have to be serious, either! You could draw up some hopscotch or your magnum opus, and it’ll be a blast all the same.

My favourite part about using chalk is that you can do it anywhere. It can be in your driveway, along the pavement, or at a local park. You could even spice it up and take a walk to somewhere new before settling down to let your creative talents fly! The only thing in your way is the weather, but it’s not too hard to plan around the clouds. Getting down on the ground and getting dirt and dust on your hands will make up for any time you need to wait.

Other than the obvious need for chalk, make sure you pack anything else you may need for the day. Drinks are a must, and as summer starts to get brighter and hotter, sunscreen is important, too. If you want to make it extra special, you could even work it in with a picnic!

If you’re not into the outdoors, no worries! Clearly, if you’re reading this article, you’re a gamer through and through, which means the arcade would be perfect for you! Somewhere like this is great for both old and new partners. Even if you’re a bit awkward or don’t know each other that well, there’ll always be something new to do.

For both romantic and platonic relationships, the arcade has plenty of opportunities. Not only can you show your partner you’re definitely the coolest person ever because, wow, you are just a little too good at Dance Dance Revolution, but you can impress them as well! There’s no way you can pass up on heading over to the claw machines and winning a prize for your S/O. And while the cutest plushie would be amazing to have, the ugliest one will be just as memorable!

We can’t forget the classic date – the picnic. There are so many ways to go with it and infinite possibilities to have fun. Together, you can pick out the blanket and dress up the basket. When it comes to food, one of you could make it for the other, you could go half and half, or you could even make a pre-date plan to go shopping beforehand! There are so many bonding opportunities.

Make sure to consider whether you’re doing a traditional or modern picnic. Will you be eating out in the beautiful prairie fields of the American Midwest, or are you sitting cross-legged in front of your TV? Even if you plan to just get takeout, turning something into a picnic will make it special.

So, what are you waiting for? Go grab your significant other, your best friend, or whoever else you want, and get to it! It’s always worth it to be cute and goofy with the ones you love. I hope you all have a magical time on your dates!
1685757453857.png

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Welcome back, dear readers, to an exciting month filled with vibrant celebrations and inclusivity! In celebration of Pride month, we will explore a topic that combines both fashion and self-expression. In this article, we explore how to embrace bold colors, patterns, and accessories to dress for a Pride parade. So get ready to strut your stuff! Without further ado, let's dive right into the article.

When it comes to pride fashion, embracing bold colors and patterns is key. Color can be added to your wardrobe in a variety of ways, from vibrant stripes to eye-catching rainbow hues and even trendy tie-dye effects. Consider incorporating these bold elements into your outfits, whether through bodysuits, dresses, shirts, or other garments that reflect your unique personality. Brands like Rebirth Garments and Grace Insogna have gained recognition for their inclusive collections, featuring diverse models and a wide range of styles that celebrate the LGBTQ+ community.

Accessories are a fantastic way to elevate your look and express your individuality, especially if you’re a little shy! Pins, necklaces, bracelets, and rings can be used to showcase your personal journey, beliefs, or messages of support. Find accessories adorned with symbols like the rainbow flag, equality signs, or even customized pieces that hold special meaning to you. Additionally, don't forget about your footwear—whether it's a pair of rainbow sneakers or creatively decorated shoes. They can serve as another canvas for your self-expression!

The article provides an overview of the world of pride fashion, a fashion-forward way to embrace vibrant colors, patterns, and accessories during Pride month. Choosing clothing with bold elements allows us to celebrate diversity, spread love, and express ourselves authentically. Remember, fashion is not only a symbol of inclusivity but also a reminder of the progress we've made and the work that lies ahead. Thank you for reading this article! This is IChloe__ signing off for the Daily Diviner.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff
Hello, dear readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! June is upon us, a time when the world comes together to honor and celebrate the LGBTQ+ community. Pride month is a testament to the progress we’ve made toward equality and acceptance. For this article, I’ve set out to write a poem that encapsulates what Pride month is all about, paying homage to the courage and strength of individuals embracing themselves. Without further ado, let’s get into the poem!

In colors bold and bright, we stand
Our pride unfurls like a flag in hand
We celebrate the love we've found
In a world where acceptance hasn’t always been around.

We're more than labels, more than names
Our love is valid, it's not a game
We love who we love, we're not ashamed
And we'll stand tall, unafraid.

Our rainbow shines in the sky
A symbol of hope, of love, of why
We fight for equality and rights
For a world where everyone can take flight.

We've come so far, but there's still more to do
To break down barriers, to see things through
But we won't stop, we won't be silenced
Our pride will continue to be defiant.

So let's celebrate our love today
In all its forms, in every way
For love is love, and it's here to stay
And our pride will shine on, come what may.​

This is my interpretation of Pride month, celebrating those all around the world who have been brave enough to make changes and fight for what they deserve. And not only that, but to continue to fight for equality in all nations. The line, “We’ve come so far, but there’s still more to do” emphasizes that we aren’t done yet and that Pride month is a time to continue fighting for change. With all that said, I’d like to thank you for reading this article! This is IChloe__ signing off for the Daily Diviner.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Juniper holds onto the leash tightly, scared of losing her new dog. This is the first time she is walking through the park with the puppy. Before that, they had only gone through the woods, where Juniper trained her to listen to word commands; the puppy training they attended also helped.

Juniper adopted Winnie, her little golden retriever, at an adoption centre when she went to Mahounoshiro with her school. They had gone to celebrate the Cherry Blossom Festival, which she absolutely loved. Her parents came to visit, and they all decided to adopt Winnie together, who was very excited to have a new family.

Winnie happily looks around at the park as they walk through it, delighted to be there. Yet she also notices Juniper’s nerves and stays calm, trying not to worry the girl any more than she already is.

Sadly for Juniper, the calm doesn’t last long, as Winnie practically drags the girl across half of the path. Running to a different dog, she causes the two dog owners to bump into each other.

“Oh my! I am so sorry! I don’t know what came over her, she just started dragging me over here out of nowhere!” Juniper instantly apologises to the girl in front of her. However, she soon gets a feeling that she knows the girl from somewhere. Maybe they’ve passed by in the woods?

“Have I seen you before? You look familiar,” Juniper asks, clearly curious. The girl in front of her chuckles at Juniper’s question.

“I’m Hazel. We may have walked past each other at Mahounoshiro! I got my dog, Riley, there.” Hazel smiles at Juniper, who returns the smile when she hears they could’ve indeed walked into each other before.

“Oh, yeah! I’m Juniper. It is so nice to meet you! Now that you say it, I think I have seen you before!” Hazel giggles at how excited Juniper gets, noticing how bubbly the girl is.

Winnie and Riley clearly recognize each other from the dog adoption shelter, circling and sniffing each other happily.

“Riley is really adorable! You are also very pretty,” Juniper says out of nowhere, not even thinking before the words roll off her lips. She yells at herself in her head for doing it, instantly nervous.

“Aww, thank you! You are very pretty as well. I might even say stunning.” Hazel winks, seeing the girl’s shoulders drop in relief. Juniper didn’t even know they had tensed up in the first place.

“Sorry if I ramble or say things out of nowhere.” Juniper starts a whole rant while apologising.

Hazel smiles at the girl, finding it adorable.“It’s fine, Juniper! No need to worry. Hey, would you ever be down to walk our dogs together in the park?”

Juniper’s eyes widen in shock. She never expected to be asked this question. Is this a date or just as friends? Luckily, Hazel catches on to Juniper’s confusion, obvious by the way she is awkwardly clutching Winnie’s leash.

“As a date, I mean,” Hazel confirms for the girl, who instantly beams happily and nods her head with the same excitement.

“Of course! Here, I’ll give you my phone number so we can keep in contact… and all that.” Juniper smiles sheepishly at Hazel before handing over her phone and letting Hazel input her number.

“Well, I hope you text, Juniper. I’ll see you later.” Hazel winks and Riley happily walks off with his owner. Juniper watches them leave before turning to Winnie with a bright smile.

“Did you hear that, Winnie? I’m going on a date! Let’s go home so we can send that text, huh?” Winnie just happily barks in response and follows her owner home.
1685757415037.png

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

The hot, heady air of the warmest day of the year drifted through the hazy glint of the setting sun through the Griffin Common Room windows. It was the kind of afternoon that imprinted its golden rays into your mind, Tess thought, staring at the twinkles of sunlight on glass while Nick tussled their hair thoughtfully.

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” Tess asked when they heard Nick open a bottle of hair dye with a pop.

“Oh, absolutely.”

“I don’t know…”

He flicked their hair teasingly. “You already lost the bet. No taking it back now. I got my ears pierced for you; now you dye your hair for me. Besides, don’t you want to look cool for the Pride parade tomorrow?”

“I always look cool. And since when did love become a trade?”

“Since you gambled your dignity away on the school Quabbleball matches.”

Tess hummed in disagreement but certainly did not pout. They let Nick have this.

They looked back out to the window, where two owls circled round each other in quiet figure eights, feathers alight in the orange glow of the sky. Their sixth year at Hogsworth was almost over. Soon, these quiet Friday nights and summer twilights would be just a memory.

“What will you wear tomorrow?” asked Nick as he began the dyeing process on Tess’ wet hair. “Something to match with the blue hair, I should think.”

“You know that rainbow T-shirt I’ve had around? And those cuffed shorts?”

Tess didn’t see Nick’s fond smile but heard it in his response. “That’s perfect.”

Tess smiled. Tomorrow was their one-year anniversary as queerplatonic partners. They would get something special, just for each other.

Donned in rainbow shirts, face paint (the aroace and non-binary flags on Tess’ cheeks, the ace flag on Nick’s), and with Progress Pride flags draped around their shoulders, Tess and Nick stepped out of the Diagonal Lane fireplace and into streets dazzlingly decorated in every color of the rainbow. The actual parade was still hours away, but colorful floats already bobbed through the streets followed by swaths of rainbow-adorned people. Hand in hand, Nick and Tess entered the stream of people.

They waded through the crowd, crossing the street and walking into the market full of brightly-colored stalls and pride-related items. Tess kept a close eye on the vendors they passed for a gift. Flags, pins, commemorative items; the market had it all.

They passed by a small stand selling bright jewelry and rings. Tess looked down at their and Nick’s intertwined hands, seeing the glint of golden rings pressed together, and had a thought.

Nick eagerly pointed to a stall selling flags and pins of every color. A moment later, they had matching Progress Pride flags around their shoulders and two yellow, pink, white, and gray pins on their shirts: the queerplatonic flag. And, while Nick ogled a stall across the street, Tess slipped by the small jewelry stand and bought a pair of earrings. One glitter of gold was the sun, the other a silver moon.

When they came back to Nick’s side, he was staring at a couple at the corner of the street. Around their shoulders was a queerplatonic pride flag, and their faces were turned to each other happily.

Nick’s gaze returned to Tess, the expression in his eyes the same as Tess’. Here, they were accepted. In this space of bright colors and loud parading, they were validated.

Hours later, after standing in Diagonal Lane and watching the parades of people showing off their wonderful, magical pride, Tess and Nick sat at a low table in a cozy cafe off of the beaten path. Surrounded by people in all sorts of colored clothing, some partners and some friends, they were both filled with a keen sense of belonging.

When there was a cup of tea and honey in front of Nick and a latte in Tess’ hands, Tess pulled out the box of earrings from their pocket and set it on the table.

Nick’s eyes lit up. “What’s this?”

“It’s the anniversary of our QPR,” said Tess, rather nervously, pulling out the pair of delicate gold and silver earrings. “We can each wear one, if you’d like.”

Nick tipped his head into his hands and laughed. He took out a similar box from his pocket and placed it on the table with the earrings, opening it to reveal silver earrings with stars hanging from delicate chains. “Why are we like this?”

Tess laughed, putting their hands around Nick’s, oddly reminded of the night they had become queerplatonic partners and filled with so much fondness and love they felt their heart would burst.

The next morning, with matching earrings dangling to their shoulders, they felt ready to take on the future together. And, just maybe, they’d come back for the Pride parade next year.

Status