DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Special Edition: Sweet Tooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

This issue contains spoilers for the event! Please be sure to play through the first quest before reading!

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Hello there! I see you’ve found your way into this year’s Valentine’s Event. There is much to see here, and it would be easy to get lost along the way to The Gumdrop Castle. If you’re in need of a guide, you’ve come to the right person! Let’s start here, in Tootsie Town.

If you walk just this way, you’ll pass under the red banners and enter the main square of Tootsie Town. The town square can be quite distracting with its rainbow swirl! Here you’ll find plenty of stalls and houses to take a look at. My fellow residents are offering special collectables this year to celebrate Valentine’s Day, so please check each stall out on your own time! There is sure to be something that catches your eye.

If you follow the rainbow path through the town, you’ll first come to the sweet-filled Candy Cane Forest. This forest is aptly named for its large candy canes that obscure the view of the upcoming path. Don’t be afraid! You won’t get lost as long as you follow the path.

Along the way, make sure to stop and smell the rich scent of ice cream as we go past the Affogato Alpines. It certainly is tempting to explore the great heights of affogato, but we have places to be, so hurry along!

At last, the Frosted Fairgrounds is our final stop before The Gumdrop Castle. Here you’ll find plenty of rides and entertainment. There’s a Ferris Wheel here if you’d like to go for a ride!

Come along now, The Gumdrop Castle awaits. At the very end of the path, up a steep hill, you can see the great castle made of all kinds of candies! Take a closer look and you may be able to point out everything the castle is made of.

However, this is where I take my leave. I encourage you to explore the event; just follow the rainbow road and you won’t ever lose your way! Retrace your steps all the way back to Tootsie Town, and I’m sure you’ll find things that I haven’t pointed out along this tour. I’ll be heading back now for a ride on that Ferris Wheel. Please enjoy your time at the event!

Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Greetings, readers, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! Due to recent events at the Victory Point in Tristmoor, magicians all over the British Isles have been sucked into the popular wizarding game Candyland! People are frantically diving in to save their loved ones, including the entire Daily Diviner team. We can already tell it’s going to be a blast going in to save our boss. Anyway, we have found our special guest, Mayor Cadbury of Tootsie Town, for an interview!

This is an interesting place. Can you tell me what's going on here?
This is the wonderful town of Tootsie Town which is located on the sweetest island ever: Candyland!

How would we save our special someone? I mean, that's what a lot of us are here for, after all.
Well, in order to save your special someone, you need to play the game to reach the Gumdrop Castle!

How do we play the game to reach the Gumdrop Castle?
In order to play the game, you need to collect Boxes of Gumdrops and complete the tasks along the rainbow path! The Boxes of Gumdrops will help you unlock new activities and areas of the Island that are required as you go through the rainbow path.

What are some of your favorite places we should look out for on our journey?
I personally love Tootsie Town, but that's to be expected, as I am the Mayor!

If we wanted to take a short break from our trip, what would you suggest? There's got to be something fun to do here!
The Frosted Food Fairgrounds has quite a bit to do and is a wonderful rest stop!

I heard that Carmella Glico is a troublemaker. Can you give us any additional information?
Carmella was always a bit... troubled. I can't say much other than be careful out there.

We’ve also talked to Prim Katan, the owner of Victory Point and the one who caused this fiasco. When asked if she had anything to add to the situation, she dashed into a nearby bush. She did not respond to any more requests for comment.

Thank you to Mayor Cadbury for allowing us to interview him, Prim Katan for putting Tristmoor on the front page, and you for reading the Daily Diviner. While you’re wandering the wilderness of Candyland, remember to have fun, and good luck saving your special someone!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Hello to all of you wonderful Witches and Wizards! I’m happy to finally tell you that I’ve been working on gathering a few cute ideas on places to take your Valentine. After a long while of walking around towns, I’ve finally got a list of places. Put on your coats, and let’s get into touring.

The first place I came across was Denver Cafe in Vertick Alley. Not only is it perfect for sitting with your date while sipping on some of the best coffee in London, but the customer service is simply amazing. If you want somewhere to sit down and relax with your Valentine, this is the place.

Next up is the Warbeck Theatre in Carket Market. Warbeck Theatre hosts only the best musicals and sometimes even an open mic night! The ornate curtains and architecture are what keep the Warbeck open, as people from all over the United Kingdom come to see them. The Warbeck is guaranteed to be a fun time for all.

If you’d rather have a picnic in a small town, say no more! Appleby Village is perfect for taking a stroll through the woods or for sitting outside to enjoy the peacefulness of the earth. It can get a bit chilly, so be sure to pop into the Bed and Breakfast to warm up after a walk in the brisk February air.

Some people enjoy the more spooky things in life, and this next spot is definitely one of them. From the dim lighting to the creepy librarian, The Mysterious Bookshop in Hogsend is surely for you and your Valentine. There are tables to read at, and a cozy atmosphere if you can get past the cobwebs.

Perhaps you want a fun activity to embark on with your date! Why not head over to the Wigtown Ice Rink? The pair of you can skate across the frozen lake taking in the snow-swept views around you. After you’ve skated, you may feel a bit peckish. Brimble’s Bagels is the perfect place to grab a bite to eat and warm up from the frosty chill of the town.

Feeling tired after a long day? Head on over to Eldham Ridge and stay at the top of the tower! Sometimes the owner is generous enough to allow visitors to stay the night. It’s the best view around! Once you’re hungry, Harlow’s Bakery has the best food in town. There are charming booths to sit at and chat about everything happening at Hogsworth. You can even hear the gentle stream from inside the bakery!

Be sure to check some of these places out with your Valentine! My personal favorite is the tower in Eldham Ridge. The view makes me feel at home. I hope you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for reading, and I hope to see you next time!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Hello dear readers, and welcome to a very special quiz article! While exploring the wide world of the Valentine’s Event, from Tootsie Town to Gumdrop Castle, you may find yourself craving something sweet. Gummy bears are a popular choice among candies for their yummy flavors and chewy texture. Gummy bears come in many different sizes and colors, but have you ever wondered what flavor you would be? You’ve come to the right place to find out! Let’s get started.

You are presented with five candies: you choose…
A) Chocolate
B) M&Ms
C) Hard candy
D) Sour candies
E) Toffee

When stressed, you:
A) Bake in the kitchens
B) Walk the school grounds
C) Relax in the library
D) Practice potions
E) Eat comfort food

Your favorite type of flavor is…
A) Sweet
B) Fresh
C) Tangy
D) Sour
E) Rich

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
A) Chocolate chip
B) Cookie Dough
C) Vanilla
D) Mint Chocolate Chip
E) Strawberry

Your favorite shop in London is…
A) Florentine’s Ice Cream
B) Twinky’s Telescopes
C) J. Pippin’s Potions
D) Wacky Wizarding Wonders Joke Shop
E) Sugarplum’s Sweets Shop

Here are your results:

If you chose mostly A, you are blue raspberry! You like all things sweet, and this is reflected in your kind personality.

If you chose mostly B, you are watermelon! You like a little originality in your flavors and in your life!

If you chose mostly C, you are orange! You enjoy the tangy aspects of taste and life, preferring a bit of a kick over the boring things in life.

If you chose mostly D, you are lemon! Sour can be an unpopular flavor, but it just so happens to be your cup of tea. You like this sharp taste the most!

If you chose mostly E, you are cherry! Like blue raspberries, you love things that are sweet and overwhelmingly rich. You tend to look at the bright side of things!

Well, what did you think? Were your results what you expected? I certainly hope so! Please enjoy the rest of your time in this wonderful world of candy, and keep in mind your results when next choosing your gummy bears. Happy eating!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

The sun shines brightly, just like the smile on the girl’s face as she drags her boyfriend inside the amusement park that they are at for their Valentine’s Day date. The whole ride here she was guessing where he was taking her. He wanted to surprise her, even though she’s too impatient for surprises and curious about what is going on.

“Where do you want to go first?” Ryder asks his girlfriend, whose eyes are darting from attraction to attraction.

“Rollercoaster!” She grins, deciding to start strong. She pulls Ryder along, who can only let out a chuckle as he follows her. Luckily for them, the queue for the ride isn’t that long, and soon after they are already at the exit, the girl is smiling brightly.

“What’s next, Sage?” Ryder watches her look around, making a mental note each time her gaze stops, knowing it’s something she wants to go on.

“Water attraction?” Sage asks hopefully, to which Ryder nods and takes her hand. He leads her to the queue of said attraction, making sure not to lose her in the big crowd of people. Luckily for them, the sun is shining brightly, and it’s warm today, meaning their clothes will dry quickly if they get wet during the ride. They emerge moments later, soaked by the water from the attraction, giggling.

“If I knew we would get splashed like that, I would’ve picked that ride as the first one.” Sage giggles, making Ryder chuckle at her words.

“Can I choose the next one?” Ryder looks at her and she nods excitedly, ready to follow him wherever he wants to go. An old elderly couple that is out today with their grandkids sees the two walk past, to which the woman smiles, remembering being in love at that age.

“The Ferris wheel?” Sage asks. All day she’s been wanting to go on it, but Ryder declined the idea every time. However, this time he agrees—maybe because it is now dark out? As they are in line, Ryder just smiles at Sage. They step inside the Ferris wheel cart eagerly.

“I love you,” Ryder says as he watches Sage point to things excitedly and looks around as their cart goes up, to which she smiles and turns around to him.

“I love you most-est.” She beams at him, making Ryder chuckle, knowing fully well she will start that argument if he engages in it once again. He opens his arms and she wastes no time crawling into them. They reach the top and look around, enjoying the view together.

“Are you happy?” Ryder looks down at the girl in his arms, who looks up at him.

“With you? Always.” A quick kiss is exchanged, and they both pull away with a smile.

“Me too.” Ryder plants a kiss on top of her forehead as the cart goes down again, and Sage sits up, knowing they have to get out soon.

“Are we going to the fireworks show?” Sage’s question fills the air, which Ryder saw coming from a mile away. He’s been waiting for her to ask about it since she knows this park has a firework show every night.

“Of course. I wouldn’t keep you out this late if we weren’t.” He winks and she jokingly scoffs, playfully pushing his shoulder as she stands up.

“Come on, time to get out and get a good seat!” She grins and the cart stops. They both step out quickly, and Ryder grabs her hand to make sure he doesn’t lose her as she makes her way through the crowds of people.

It takes a bit for them to sit down, as Sage seems determined to get the best possible seat. Now that they’re sitting, with snacks and drinks, Ryder smiles as Sage looks at the stage, waiting for the show to start.

“Sage? I got you a present.” The girl turns to face him with a curious look.

“Present?” Ryder chuckles at her as he pulls out the promise rings he bought them. The girl gasps while he puts the ring on her finger. A small dinosaur is on it, making her smile as he puts on his matching one.

“I love it! Thank you!” She throws her arms around him and hugs him, as he holds her tightly back. The fireworks start, and she stays like this, just turning her face around after exchanging a kiss to watch the show as the two teens smile brightly.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Looking for a sweet way to spend your down time during the event? Try to find as many words as you can in our Sweet Tooth Word Search. Good luck on your adventures in Candyland!

Carmella
Cadbury
Candy
Tootsie Town
Candycane Forest

Affogato Alpines
Gumdrop Castle
Gumdrop Forest
Ice Cream

Licorice

Gummy Bears
Chocolate