DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Dwelling

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
before revelius, you could get to the dwelling for free through the sr prefect or the weasley's flying car between mundane lane and the dwelling. apparently the poltergeists don't want to add back in the useful methods of transport which let us get to the dwelling without having to fly/walk all the way (and it's a long way from hogsworth) because they're from the harry potter storyline so they wouldn't be available today. but there should be some way to get to the dwelling faster, because there is a quest there and it is a well-known location from the harry potter series. i don't see why there's a problem with including what Grace described as 'fan-service' in this suggestion. the game is supposed to be fun, not entirely realistic and it would be better if there was a better way to get to the burrow.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
As cool as this would be to bring back, I think that the Poltergeists will just say that they would want players to explore the map instead.

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
As cool as this would be to bring back, I think that the Poltergeists will just say that they would want players to explore the map instead.
Yeah. But if it takes ages to get somewhere or it's expensive to do so I will rarely go there. Ngl idea was a fail xD

Nik_Blazius

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Nik_Blazius
Honeybadger
Travelling methods like this could also help guiding other players. Now I spend a lot of money on travelling to The Dwelling with Fire Dust for example, only to help a student, and I travel back. I think it's far better than sending coordinates. Completing quests could give some travelling privilage, for example to help others (if you decline it because exploration).

kiarralish

Magician
Minecraft IGN: kiarralish
Auralock Dark Follower Raven
I personally think that this could have negative effects on travel. Overall, this update pushes the player to walk or fly to locations instead of simply warping there (hence the high toll on firedust). This isn't without causation, as the travel time enhances the experience and keeps the player from whizzing through quests. Not only that, but travel lets the player enjoy the map, see new mobs, and just enjoy the game a bit more. If people didn't want to play more of the game, they wouldn't play on a server that is so grinding oriented. Also, from the Dwelling, the player can reach southern areas of the map that might be too high level for them, which in turn might cause them to die.

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
This isn't without causation, as the travel time enhances the experience and keeps the player from whizzing through quests.
Before Revelius you could easily warp to the bank and spend 30 seconds walking to the entrance where the Revenant quest was. You could get there fast but that didn't mean the quest was easy. It was very difficult and took ages to do. (good time to say more quests like Revenant would be greatly appreciated and would only do this one 4get about the others)

Last edited:

kiarralish

Magician
Minecraft IGN: kiarralish
Auralock Dark Follower Raven
Before Revelius you could easily warp to the bank and spend 30 seconds walking to the entrance where the Revenant quest was. You could get there fast but that didn't mean the quest was easy. It was very difficult and took ages to do. (good time to say more quests like Revenant would be greatly appreciated and would only do this one 4get about the others)
Well sure, however the Revenant is more of a dungeon then a quest. Meanwhile some quests that require you grind like 10 mobs, craft something, and give that something to an NPC could be accomplished at an extremely fast pace. And that still doesn't account for the level disparity of the player in the area. I just feel like having that warp could be used poorly. My best suggestion is to simply ride the train to london and fly to the dwelling from there.

Flippy

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: FLiiiPENDO
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix VIP
Just want to let you guys know that Poltergeists don't make the calls, they summarise the information and opinions before bringing it to the appropriate department. Removing that method of travel was my decision and, while it will not return, we do have other plans for travel that are currently being discussed and may be implemented soon.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
100% support this, they should add some method of quick transport to not only the dwelling but other important areas like Griffin's Hollow and Wigtown.
This isn't without causation, as the travel time enhances the experience and keeps the player from whizzing through quests.
If that is your issue then ok, I can understand that, make it so such a fast travel is only unlocked after doing quest(s). 2ndly that is not an issue because quests can only be done at a certain level, specific to each one. That means that there is already a safegaurd for 99.9% of players over the foreseeable future because there are only so many high lvl pre revelius people.
travel lets the player enjoy the map, see new mobs, and just enjoy the game a bit more.
If you are at the Dwelling you probably own a broom by now. That means that players don't see the map or new mobs, they just see their coords and the coords they want to go to and the sky above and below them. For them the trip to London might as well be an idle minigame that just wastes your time. Also even if you wanted to see everything you could with the broom you are still flying over the same ground over and over, there is not anything new to find once you have already seen it.
Also, from the Dwelling, the player can reach southern areas of the map that might be too high level for them, which in turn might cause them to die.
My best suggestion is to simply ride the train to london and fly to the dwelling from there.
If new players warp to the Dwelling they can always warp back, it is not like it would be one way and even if it was they could just fly/walk to London. More importantly though I think that a example as to why your reasoning doesn't quite work in the server is the train ride to London. You seem to quite like it despite how it goes against all of your reasoning thus far.

The train ride allows you to go across the map, meaning that you can wizz by quests, new players can reach areas they are not supposed to and suffer because of that, and you don't get to enjoy the map/mobs in between. And yet, no one really seems to mind :D (including you). If it doesn't seem to be a issue with the train ride I don't see why it would be a issue with the potential Dwelling fast travel.

MamaDuckie

Head of Media
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MamaDuckie
Staff Head Staff Raven
Hello! Thank you for your suggestion! As Flip has already more or less declined this suggestion, I've been instructed to officially decline it and move the thread to the appropriate section of our forums. We hope this doesn't deter you from making future suggestions or commenting on others as we love hearing players opinions and their feedback!

Just want to let you guys know that Poltergeists don't make the calls, they summarise the information and opinions before bringing it to the appropriate department. Removing that method of travel was my decision and, while it will not return, we do have other plans for travel that are currently being discussed and may be implemented soon.