DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Guardian Challenge

sammYpr002

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: sammYpr002
Honeybadger
I was doing the Guardian Challenge and got to the sixth challenge but couldn't finish it because I didn't have appareo. I think you should be able to complete the Guardian Challenge by Year 3 or 4 and shouldn't have to level up loads to finish it. Seeing as you can already complete almost all of it at a lower level.

cheddarsoup

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: cheddarsoup
Auralock Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Honestly I think it’s fine the way it is, the spell in actuality is supposed to be very difficult to learn, so it wouldn’t make sense for every third year to have it. Also, dementares are level 80 in game, which means it wouldn’t even be practical to get it until at least a little bit closer to that level (and even then, I’ve rarely used the spell, it’s really just a cosmetic spell at this point).

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Hello @sammYpr002 !

This suggestion is unfortunately not something we will be pursuing anytime soon. The spell itself is only needed for dementares as mentioned above, and they can only be found at the Dark Prison which is a very high level area. The concept of the spell itself in canon is a very hard spell to do and something generally only older wizards learn and are capable of doing in corporeal form. Additionally, we feel that the level progression of the Guardian Challenge is suiting, as it is meant to be a challenge for players and thus requiring them to do it over various years as they learn new spells and knowledge.

Regardless, thank you for the suggestion and we can't wait for your future ideas! I hope you have a magical day!

Sirje_Wildmoon

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: AstralFae
Dark Follower Serpent
The Guardian Challenge reward is obviously based on the Patronus.

In the original HP lore, the Patronus Charm is described as an "an immensely complicated and extremely difficult spell" "regarded as advanced magic, far beyond N.E.W.T level", Remus Lupin himself said that it was "ridiculously advanced"

Yes, Harry learned it, but then, Harry had a particular strong talent for DADA. It is also mentioned in lore that very few witches/wizards can actually produce a fully corporeal patronus. (though this seems to be forgotten just a little by later books, and especially so in the movies iirc)

So it would make very little sense that a third or fourth year would normally be able to learn it.

Besides, the Dementors, or rather "Dementares" in the server are level 80, so there would be little point to getting the spell so early.

Not to mention in HP lore, you can't learn Apparation (aka, Appareo) until the witch/wizard was 17..ar a third or fourth year is only 13-14. On the server, you learn Appareo at level 51, in "6th year" iirc.

It honestly doesn't take that long to level up when you do quests etc. If everything was so easy as you would like it to be, this server would get boring pretty quick because you'd have done everything already. Just have some patience.

Besides, I find, like Cheddarsoup has said, that I don't go fighting dementares anyway, if anything, it's more of a cosmetic spell. The initial appearance of your patronus/guardian is a chicken, if you want another appearance you buy it in the store, so basically I'd say its a semi-cosmetic spell.

sammYpr002

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: sammYpr002
Honeybadger
Hello @sammYpr002 !

This suggestion is unfortunately not something we will be pursuing anytime soon. The spell itself is only needed for dementares as mentioned above, and they can only be found at the Dark Prison which is a very high level area. The concept of the spell itself in canon is a very hard spell to do and something generally only older wizards learn and are capable of doing in corporeal form. Additionally, we feel that the level progression of the Guardian Challenge is suiting, as it is meant to be a challenge for players and thus requiring them to do it over various years as they learn new spells and knowledge.

Regardless, thank you for the suggestion and we can't wait for your future ideas! I hope you have a magical day!
Yeah that is completely fair and I now realise how difficult the spell would be and that dementares are high level creatures. Thankksss