DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Housing System

Posie Cherie

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Annatastic
Dark Follower Raven
Overall, the housing system in Potterworld is great and all the commands work perfectly! however, it would be nice if you could add a command such as "/claim build" where all the residents in one housing can claim their own builds and this will end the issue with grief. This will work extremely well with organizations / families as I am part of a family on the server myself. Obviously, members in the family will have trust issues and if they give every member in the family the permission to build then the risk of grief will be exceedingly high and it will give the staff a very hard time as there will be a lot of complaints about getting their items back.

If that is not possible, at least do something where they could claim chests in a friend's housing, for instance "/claim chest". So that if someone has something valuable they would like to keep in a friend's housing as storage (they might have their own room there) they are able keep it there without having to worry about anyone stealing from their chest. In my perspective, this is very significant because it will allow the players to communicate a lot, develop teamwork skills and let them enhance their creativity by decorating their own builds in each other's housings. This will not only be beneficial to players with organizations / families, but will also be stress relieving for the staff.

Thank you and I hope you take my suggestion into consideration.

Last edited:

Max Fireheart

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Maxymoos
Griffin Phoenix
I really like the idea of the /claim chest command, but I still do think the owner of the housing should have rights to look at chests in their own house. Maybe instead only the owner can see the contents of all the claimed chests, but the residents can’t? I’m not entirely sure about the /claim build command though. I may be just weird 😂 Yeah! But I completely love the idea :eek:oo

Posie Cherie

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Annatastic
Dark Follower Raven
I really like the idea of the /claim chest command, but I still do think the owner of the housing should have rights to look at chests in their own house. Maybe instead only the owner can see the contents of all the claimed chests, but the residents can’t? I’m not entirely sure about the /claim build command though. I may be just weird 😂 Yeah! But I completely love the idea :eek:oo
I agree, /claim chest can be more efficient and easy but I still want to consider /claim build because I genuinely believe that it will be a great feature and many players that have residents will enjoy it!

Last edited:

LiviDk

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: lividk
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello Posie!

Unfortunately, we do not believe that housing is big enough for any kind of claiming system to be beneficial or necessary, and it would be very difficult to define a claim. Housing owners should only be giving out residents to people they fully trust at their housing.
Thank you so much for your suggestion, we always appreciate you guys for taking your time to suggest ideas, feedback and more!

Stay safe,
Leyak